• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the fusion system of these games. Whenever you fuse personas, the game adds up the amount of spells they both have, and from that figures out how many of the spells from the ones used in the fusion can carry over to the new one. From there, it's all RNG in terms of what it can inherit. Sometimes a persona doesn't want to inherit certain abilities, or has a natural affinity to others(fusing a new lightning based persona will usually mean if there are lightning abilities on the ones you're using to make it, those ones will almost always show up to inherit(this is useful to transfer things like Elect Boost onto higher level ones, as Elec Boost and Elec Amp stack)). There are some things that it won't be able to, no matter how you reroll though. If a persona is weak to a certain element, usually trying to make that persona learn that element is impossible, but not always. If a persona is a physical based one with high Strength, the odds of it wanting to inherit elemental spells are very low, usually 0.

So yeah, for the most part in the vanilla games, hope you like that velvet room music, cause it's the one track you'll listen to in the games the most, by far(then again, I was never happy unless I rocked a party with each of the severe elemental spells + boosts + amp(this includes light/dark), ultimate physical abilities, and ultimate healing abilities with no weaknesses). In P4G, you could choose which skills to inherit, and while it's nice, it's not a better change honestly. Being able to cherry pick which abilities you want, instead of constantly rerolling and eventually settling for a good combo, but not the perfect one, makes the game inherently easier.

Interesting... I'll have to mess around with it and try and get the coolest looking ones with good abilities. Perhaps I should try for a better Phoenix. I can see why they made that change, although in a way it does add something to the game by making you figure out it shuffles them. Unless it was in the manual? I didn't check =p.

That track has to be my fave from the game so far, hopefully it won't get old. I found this one from Persona 3 with that same voice melody in it, so awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdMhTL5bZrs

Why do I feel off topic? lol Fresh Prince FTW.

Meia

Yeah, I *think* the velvet room music is one of the staples that it's in all of the games, though I haven't played enough of 2 yet to say(though I think I heard it when I went in once so far). Well, the final boss fight of 3's track is Battle for Everyone's Souls, and I think the Velvet Room track is called Aria of the Soul, so it fits as to why that's in that song. Plus Battle is probably my favorite final boss music in any game ever, so I'm not complaining. :p

Yeah, I *think* the velvet room music is one of the staples that it's in all of the games, though I haven't played enough of 2 yet to say(though I think I heard it when I went in once so far). Well, the final boss fight of 3's track is Battle for Everyone's Souls, and I think the Velvet Room track is called Aria of the Soul, so it fits as to why that's in that song. Plus Battle is probably my favorite final boss music in any game ever, so I'm not complaining. :p

indeed it is

Right here.

I always liked this dungeon variant of it. It made for a dramatic dungeon song. The velvet room part doesn't kick in until 1:25 btw

Squire

Banned
Good thing Sailor Moon's still great.

Dude!

tumblr_m8d27ypjxt1qi4jueo1_500.gif

Levito

Banned
Well there's a difference between awesome and actually being well written, so DBZ is still awesome regardless of how stupid it is. :p

Haven't seen Sailor Moon since I was a little kid, still remember the English theme song well though. Sang it on my Colonial Marines livestream as per the viewers request.

Yeah they're releasing a new Sailor Moon series this year.

Meia

It sounds very appealing, so long as it doesn't suck. It better not... >>

I still have the first two series I guess on dvd, subbed, but haven't cracked them open in years, probably should.

And yeah, Mercury always is. I don't know what it is about me and short hair, but yeah.

Astra

I watched the sailor moon opening on my phone, and my sister knew what it was right from the very beginning before any music even started. That's impressive.

cj_iwakura

I watched the sailor moon opening on my phone, and my sister knew what it was right from the very beginning before any music even started. That's impressive.

The US opening is pretty great too. And damn does it have some guitar shredding. Meguro would be proud.

Astra

Sailor Mars. Mmmmmhmm!
I always felt Sailor Moon was more significant than she should be, being simply the moon and all. The others are planets!

Astra

I dunno about you guys, but

DRAGON DRAGONBALL

DRAGON BALL ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Was the highlight of my cartoon watching days.

On YTV in the 90's right?

Used to rush home from school to see new episodes of Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z on there.

Hell yes! Pokemon followed by Dragonball Z, the high point of after school. In the mornings, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers would get me all hyped up for the day.

Meia

For me back in high school in NY, it was Sailor Moon, followed by Dragon Ball Z. The most surreal moment for me in school was walking the halls and hearing others talking about Sailor Moon.

And yes, we had Rock the Dragon too. :\

Astra

For me back in high school in NY, it was Sailor Moon, followed by Dragon Ball Z. The most surreal moment for me in school was walking the halls and hearing others talking about Sailor Moon.

And yes, we had Rock the Dragon too. :\

I cannot remember when Sailor Moon was on here. I am pretty sure it was after Dragonball Z. So I had a healthy balance of testosterone fueled violence and estrogen fueled violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom