• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that the anime will be fine, but it's only half the collection and that itself cost me more than the damn game. But I had to get it because it had the Persona name on it.

Knowing my luck, the next volume will come out the same time as Arena.

FluxWaveZ

Best Persona gif:
anime_dance.gif

rObit

Banned
So, as several of you recommended last page, I bought P3FES and started into that. I'm digging it so far. It seems like a much darker game than P4, which had a lot of whimsical moments. Maybe once the characters get fleshed out better it will lighten up a bit. Now that I think about it, it took a bit for P4 to pick up as well. Boy, that "rapping" over the background music is pretty rough though, particularly in the dorm.

Jintor

So Dance! Wanna put you in a trance! Let's party! Moving in that body! Move your body, move your body - make sure you don't hurt nobody, a-say, hey, hey! Something something burning lasagne...

I love Iwatodai Dorm. Great track.

Trigger

So, as several of you recommended last page, I bought P3FES and started into that. I'm digging it so far. It seems like a much darker game than P4, which had a lot of whimsical moments. Maybe once the characters get fleshed out better it will lighten up a bit. Now that I think about it, it took a bit for P4 to pick up as well. Boy, that "rapping" over the background music is pretty rough though, particularly in the dorm.

lol, I thought it was whack at first. It grew on me though.

RE The Tone of P3: It's a very grim game. I don't really feel like it ever lightens up, and I love that about it. There's an atmosphere of danger that P4 really lacked since
you always save most of the victims.

rObit

Banned
lol, I thought it was whack at first. It grew on me though.

RE The Tone of P3: It's a very grim game. I don't really feel like it ever lightens up, and I love that about it. There's an atmosphere of danger that P4 really lacked since
you always save most of the victims.

I think most of the tracks will grow on me, but I can't see that happening with the dorm track, haha. Also I can deal with a darker tone, so long as the social link stuff is still meaningful.

I think most of the tracks will grow on me, but I can't see that happening with the dorm track, haha. Also I can deal with a darker tone, so long as the social link stuff is still meaningful.

In order from Happylight to Grimdark

Persona 4 > Persona 1 > Persona 3 > Persona 2 Eternal Punishment > Persona 2 Innocent Sin

Jintor

Honestly, I think the Dorm Track became one of my favourite things in P3, just because it was where you came home to every day.

It's the "Welcome Home Big Bro" of P3. Except it's some dude rapping.

FluxWaveZ

In order from Happylight to Grimdark

Persona 4 > Persona 1 > Persona 3 > Persona 2 Eternal Punishment > Persona 2 Innocent Sin

Maybe you ranked Innocent Sin where it is for its ending, but what the Joker represents in EP is far darker than what it represents in IS.

Trigger

Honestly, I think the Dorm Track became one of my favourite things in P3, just because it was where you came home to every day.

It's the "Welcome Home Big Bro" of P3. Except it's some dude rapping.

I wish someone greeted me with a freestyle rap whenever I got home.

Squire

Banned
Finished Tomb Raider! Oh my god! The set-pieces, pacing, level design, exploration, encounter design; THAT ENDING!

Loved it. Can't wait for the sequel. Lara Croft is back.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Dantis

Also sampled. You can hear a lot of those verses in Think Ya Better D from DDR.

Better beat there, too.

yet its not even original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CugyaQzmx8

Hell, not even the series itself keeps it original lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0Frn_jK3g&t=24s

I think you just blew my mind.

Finished Tomb Raider! Oh my god! The set-pieces, pacing, level design, exploration, encounter design; THAT ENDING!

Loved it. Can't wait for the sequel. Lara Croft is back.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!

YES! I loved it all. It gets so much right. Also, it is a damn pretty game.

Squire

Banned
YES! I loved it all. It gets so much right. Also, it is a damn pretty game.

Agh, it so is. And it's the best kind of beautiful, too. Because it's composed. They don't have the best models you've ever seen, but the way they put them together combined with the immaculate sound design - it all makes the island feel like a living, breathing place. And those vistas!

It's one of the best games this generation. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom