• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

A track from Maken X is used in Digital Devil Saga.

Which track? That's pretty interesting.

I plan to buy Maken Shao because I've been thinking of getting it for like a few years now, and this has pushed me over the edge. Tempted to just pick up the PS2 version, considering the PS3 one has warped textures.

I did not know Persona had it's own community thread now. o.o

Subscribed!

As a related note, Izsha from the new SC2 Expansion Pack: Heart of the Swarm sounds EXACTLY like Aigis. They're both Karen Strassman :3

Haha, you're only seven thousand posts late! ;)

FluxWaveZ

As a related note, Izsha from the new SC2 Expansion Pack: Heart of the Swarm sounds EXACTLY like Aigis. They're both Karen Strassman :3

The first time she spoke I could barely pay attention to what she was saying because I was just thinking, "that's Aigis." It's not even because it's Strassman, as she has voices that don't sound like Aigis, but Izsha sounds exactly like pre-humanization Aigis.

Of course, Liam O'Brien is the Ghost unit. Love how intense he sounds as them.

Venfayth

Haha, you're only seven thousand posts late! ;)

I know right :( I never click on the community tab.

The first time she spoke I could barely pay attention to what she was saying because I was just thinking, "that's Aigis." It's not even because it's Strassman, as she has voices that don't sound like Aigis, but Izsha sounds exactly like pre-humanization Aigis.

Yeah :lol

When she spoke all I was thinking is: "Who the fuck is it that she sounds like!?" Took me a minute or two to think of Aigis. Then I had to look up the VA's and everything :D

cj_iwakura

Which track? That's pretty interesting.

I plan to buy Maken Shao because I've been thinking of getting it for like a few years now, and this has pushed me over the edge. Tempted to just pick up the PS2 version, considering the PS3 one has warped textures.

Can't find it for the life of me. The wacky one that plays when you're doing the hunt mini game.

Ah, it's 'Blade'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAvVbsqiSKk

Sicily in Maken X.

Dantis

Can't find it for the life of me. The wacky one that plays when you're doing the hunt mini game.

Ah, it's 'Blade'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAvVbsqiSKk

Sicily in Maken X.

Ha, that explains why that track isn't on the DDS OST.

I really feel like when you listen to Meguro's stuff, you can literally see his style come into focus more and more. DDS2 is the first game which I feel sounds like his modern work, whilst something like Soul Hackers sounds really far away from what he does nowadays.

cj_iwakura

Ha, that explains why that track isn't on the DDS OST.

I really feel like when you listen to Meguro's stuff, you can literally see his style come into focus more and more. DDS2 is the first game which I feel sounds like his modern work, whilst something like Soul Hackers sounds really far away from what he does nowadays.

As much as I LOVE the Soul Hackers OST, it's mostly not Meguro's work. It is some of the best stuff ever composed for an SMT game though.

As much as I LOVE the Soul Hackers OST, it's mostly not Meguro's work. It is some of the best stuff ever composed for an SMT game though.

I think he did quite a bit there?

Composed by:
Shoji Meguro (Disc 1: 1, 2, 5, 8-15, 18, 22, 24, 28-36, 40-49. Disc 2: 8-10, 13-16, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 34, 37, 44, 50. 52)
Toshiko Tasaki (Disc 1: 3, 4, 6, 7, 16, 17, 19-21, 23, 25-27, 50. Disc 2: 1-7, 11, 12, 17, 18, 21, 22, 25, 27-33, 36, 42, 43, 45-49, 51, 53)
Tsukasa Masuko (Disc 1: 37-39. Disc 2: 35, 38-41, 54)

Arranged by:
Toshiko Tasaki (Disc 1: 2, 39. Disc 2: 54)
Shoji Meguro (Disc 2: 35, 38-40)

cj_iwakura

Composed by:
Shoji Meguro (Disc 1: 1, 2, 5, 8-15, 18, 22, 24, 28-36, 40-49. Disc 2: 8-10, 13-16, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 34, 37, 44, 50. 52)
Toshiko Tasaki (Disc 1: 3, 4, 6, 7, 16, 17, 19-21, 23, 25-27, 50. Disc 2: 1-7, 11, 12, 17, 18, 21, 22, 25, 27-33, 36, 42, 43, 45-49, 51, 53)

Arranged by:

Wow, I stand corrected. I figured he had the role Masuko did.

Dantis

I should point out that Buddha only knows that because I just told him in the Steam chat, haha.

23:08 - Ace of Spades: i dont think that meguro workd on soul hackers all that much tho
23:08 - Dantis: I thought he did a lot for Soul Hackers?
23:09 - Dantis: Gonna have a look on VGMDB now
23:09 - Dantis: Shoji Meguro (Disc 1: 1, 2, 5, 8-15, 18, 22, 24, 28-36, 40-49. Disc 2: 8-10, 13-16, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 34, 37, 44, 50. 52)
;)

Truth be told, so did I, to which Dantis pointed it out lol.

Haha!

I think I got that from CJ.;p

Also, for Dantis.

cofLOrZ.png

EpuNIjl.png

Bwahahahahaha! I don't know who does these, but they're hilarious.

Composed by:

Arranged by:

Just add Tsuchiya and it woulda been a murderer's row. Man.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is there any word or rumour of the SMT4 3ds-xl coming to North America?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'm just hoping with that weird SMT X Fire Emblem game coming NOA will encourage Atlus to give us the SMT4 3ds to match what they did with the fire emblem one.

Edit: Actually, who would decide if we get the system, Atlus or NOA?

Meia

If it does release here, I'm going to be even more upset if I buy the XL for $160 a week from sunday when it's on sale. :p

I can take an educated guess though in that it won't be. Would be cool if the alternative is a skin or something like the did with Golden, but who knows?

FluxWaveZ

Atlus was on that list showing developers that are currently developing for the PS4, but after reading this thread, I wonder if they're actually doing anything substantial or if they're just messing around with a DevKit. Assuming Persona 5 is a PS3 title, I'm certain that it wouldn't be the last of their games on the platform since they're a company that loves recycling assets.

I hope we get some new Persona news on the 26th...

Sophia

Atlus was on that list showing developers that are currently developing for the PS4, but after reading this thread, I wonder if they're actually doing anything substantial or if they're just messing around with a DevKit. Assuming Persona 5 is a PS3 title, I'm certain that it wouldn't be the last of their games on the platform since they're a company that loves recycling assets.

I hope we get some new Persona news on the 26th...

They're probably just messing with devkits, although it's disappointing how many games they've released on the current gen systems this year.

cjkeats

I think people took that list way too literal. I'd say it was just a list of "we asked these developers if they were going to make games, they said yes" kind of thing.
They probably have a devkit and are more in an "ideas" phase of working on it.

cj_iwakura

They're probably just messing with devkits, although it's disappointing how many games they've released on the current gen systems this year.

Eh, that one game(sad, I know) they put out was the best game I'd played in years, so let Atlus keep up their high quality standard.

FluxWaveZ

Eh, that one game(sad, I know) they put out was the best game I'd played in years, so let Atlus keep up their high quality standard.

And to think Catherine was practically just an "experiment"—maybe even made solely as a segue into Persona 5—they attempted when the Persona Team split in half. Makes you wonder what a fully assembled Persona Team with a core focus on a current generation game could be capable of.

cj, damn I made some things after I read your PM - I'll send you a link on twitter to check it out.

NA is getting that silly Pikachu with boobs XL.

The SMT one? A snowball's chance in hell of getting that in NA.

At this rate, I'd be glad to get a solid black one :/

Hehe, I own 3DS games but I'm holding out of the system because of the color man. Damn...

I really enjoyed the first volume of the anime (minus the last episode), so I got the second volume. Drunk Adachi is BAD. Not digging the volume as much. And, the new voice actors seem a lot out of character at times, and, maybe it is just me, or it could be that I took a several month break between volumes and played P4:Golden in the off time, but MC talks more this volume so far. They just save Naoto, so I'm not quite halfway through the volume.

OMG Adachi's voice is all screwed up. All of the other changes I can handle, but his is just BAD.

Dantis

And to think Catherine was practically just an "experiment"—maybe even made solely as a segue into Persona 5—they attempted when the Persona Team split in half. Makes you wonder what a fully assembled Persona Team with a core focus on a current generation game could be capable of.

It's probably a stretch to call it an experiment. Pretty sure Hashino said somewhere that they made it so that the team didn't burn out on Persona.

EDIT: Have you guys seen the NPD thread? Less than 15k for EO4 (And less than 3k for NGS2+!). I feel like this doesn't bode well for Soul Hackers.

cj_iwakura

It's probably a stretch to call it an experiment. Pretty sure Hashino said somewhere that they made it so that the team didn't burn out on Persona.

EDIT: Have you guys seen the NPD thread? Less than 15k for EO4 (And less than 3k for NGS2+!). I feel like this doesn't bode well for Soul Hackers.

Well, Aeana's personally banning everyone who doesn't buy it, so that's at least NeoGAF's entire population confirmed!

But seriously, I'll do everything I can to convince people to buy it, the rest is up to them.

What's NGS+2?

Sophia

Well, Aeana's personally banning everyone who doesn't buy it, so that's at least NeoGAF's entire population confirmed!

But seriously, I'll do everything I can to convince people to buy it, the rest is up to them.

I'd buy it, except I have an extreme hatred for my original model 3DS at the moment, so I've kinda held off on purchasing anything that's not SMTIV. >_>;

cj_iwakura

I'd buy it, except I have an extreme hatred for my original model 3DS at the moment, so I've kinda held off on purchasing anything that's not SMTIV. >_>;

I have the purple one, so I'm not interested in the XL. This game is literally the reason I bought a 3DS.

Sophia

I have the purple one, so I'm not interested in the XL. This game is literally the reason I bought a 3DS.

It's not a matter of colors for me. It's a matter of the original model 3DS are physically painful for me to hold. I really regret buying it considering the XL came out not too long after.

Dantis

What's NGS+2?

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus.

Dantis

It's a mediocre product. I've enjoyed it, but that's only because I'm such a huge Ninja Gaiden fan.

It's not something I'd recommend, haha.

Also, is Armada doing the Soul Hackers OT banner? I guess that saves me a job! ;)

I think I fell down the rabbit hole and hit my head. This game sure has taken a turn into crazy street right now. First a strip club for a dungeon and then those bosses... this game sure earns unique points, lol. Those creepy ass eyes... I think my courage went up from playing this game so late at night =p. Didn't have much trouble with the actual fight this time though, was at LV.32 with a super sparkly unicorn. Man it was long though.

And then Teddie, I just... whaa? Where did they pull that from?! That was too funny.
And when he was in the chair this immediately came to mind:

Spinemelter2000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom