• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koro was kind of a poopy party member and the worst social link experience ever? Dunno, kind of how I look at it.

Whaaaaaat? He's so useful :<

Two immunities and one weakness to an uncommon element is pretty great, plus he's quick and hits like a puppy-sized truck once he gets Agidyne + Fire Amp. Mudoon and Mudo Boost allow for some cheesy kills when your coverage isn't great too.

My party for my current run of P3P is me, Akihiko, Mitsuru and Koro-chan and I haven't run into any problems yet. In fact, Koromaru was invaluable in defeating the Reaper, so he gets points just for that.

Koro was kind of a poopy party member and the worst social link experience ever? Dunno, kind of how I look at it.

And I love Fuuka's character, but man that voice, yeesh. Still wasn't as painful as I remember playing through the game, just some really really odd lines/delivery.

I still wonder if I kind of shot myself in the foot buying the 360 version of arena since no one else seems to have it. Should pick up the ps3 version at some point.

Whoa, Koro social link? Must be P3P right? Damn, I'm intrigued!

Hey, I also hear that Shinjiro is amazing with FeMC in P3P. Hmmm, good thing Atlus has PSN stuff on sale right now.

Moonlight

Banned
I still wonder if I kind of shot myself in the foot buying the 360 version of arena since no one else seems to have it. Should pick up the ps3 version at some point.
I actually have the 360 version (and everyone still playing seems to own the PS3 version), although my TV is kinda borked right now. Although I am completely awful at the game, just saying.

You two are awful people.
There are worse fates than being worse than Junpei and Yukari!

You two are awful people.

She's a pal! Maybe she'd be a bro if her S. Link started sooner than the last month of the game so I could get emotionally attached to her before all of the crap hits the fan.

Whoa, Koro social link? Must be P3P right? Damn, I'm intrigued!

Hey, I also hear that Shinjiro is amazing with FeMC in P3P. Hmmm, good thing Atlus has PSN stuff on sale right now.

Yes they are. I was planning on dating Akihiko during my first run as FeMC, but after Shinjiro's S. Link I realized that I had no choice. It's so full of feels that it's not even funny.

Also Junpei's S. Link is pretty great, and it's kind of cool how you can't date him because of his canon love interest.

Moonlight

Banned
She's a pal! Maybe she'd be a bro if her S. Link started sooner than the last month of the game so I could get emotionally attached to her before all of the crap hits the fan.
This is why FeMC is awesome, you can start hanging with Yukari (and most of the other girls, I guess) as soon as possible.

Also Junpei's S. Link is pretty great, and it's kind of cool how you can't date him because of his canon love interest.
More like 'kind of unfortunate'.

So I just want to say I would put doggeh up a few higher tiers because doggeh is cool, and I'd probably not put Yukari so high.

Just me though.

Yes they are. I was planning on dating Akihiko during my first run as FeMC, but after Shinjiro's S. Link I realized that I had no choice. It's so full of feels that it's not even funny.

On second thought, never mind, it's too sad. So anyway, this is my favorite Junpei fanart (with his canon love interest).

cj_iwakura

I'd by lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but I guess the P3 protags don't have Tunoku-level charm necessary to make every member offhe opposite sex instantly fall for them.

I think Atlus deserved some credit for not shoehorning a female love interest into her campaign, at least. (Not that I'm against that kind of thing, but it seems like it's often done for entirely the wrong reasons.)

PK Gaming

Just to be clear, you received my friend request on PSN, right? Otherwise and impostor PK Gaming is currently on my PSN friend list D:

You added Goodstyle_7 right?

Sorry, when I log onto PSN I usually add anyone who sends me a request, so I might have added you without realizing it (or worse, not have gotten to adding you yet)

Dantis

Guys, I have decided that the full version of Burn My Dread is better than the full version of Pursuing My True Self.

It just fits so perfectly, and I love things like the chip-tune music in the background and stuff. Also, the second half of Pursuing is complete gibberish because it was written by Lotus Juice, whereas as Burn My Dread is all about Tartarus and the Midnight Hour (But in a more subtle way than Shadow World).

Sophia

That is the correct conclusion to come to, Dantis. :D

Although, the full version of Pursuing My True Self sounds more gibberish than it actually is because Shihoko Hirata has an accent. :\

Dantis

^ Exactly. It's more about doing your own thing. Which is like a misunderstanding of what the original verse to Pursuing My True Self is about.

Also, I've started using Twitter a little bit more than I used to. If anyone wants to be super best friends on Twitter, it's @psychodantis.

Meia

Junpei on the p3p side raised his standing with me quite a bit. He's like a big bro to her, and it's just freaking awesome. Very happy there was no romantic option for the story feels. Shinji was definitely the best thing about P3P's new route, bar none though. I'll take losing the Gourmet King link for him. :p

I didn't like how 3 handled romantic interests. It kind of knee-capped a lot of the links I think. Some ranks were just wasted about how they felt about you, instead of dealing with their own problems and the like. Though I wonder if that's better or worse than how 4 handled it, with the slink scene normally playing out, THEN the romantic stuff literally tacked on to the end of the convos....

And I lose points with Koro because I hate the characters that get the instant death spells, as it's one less useful spell they have. Isn't Koro naturally weak to light too? It's enough of a pain in the ass when one of those spells actually hits a random party member that's not weak to it, but being weak to it? Yeesh.

Funnest moment of latest playthrough of 3: Doing great against the reaper, then a Mahamaon literally hitting EVERYONE. Recovered and won anyway, but man was that nasty.

Now.... *goes to find full burn my dread*

Hey dantis, hit me up on twitter, man! I'm @followarmada :)

Junpei on the p3p side raised his standing with me quite a bit. He's like a big bro to her, and it's just freaking awesome. Very happy there was no romantic option for the story feels. Shinji was definitely the best thing about P3P's new route, bar none though. I'll take losing the Gourmet King link for him. :p

I didn't like how 3 handled romantic interests. It kind of knee-capped a lot of the links I think. Some ranks were just wasted about how they felt about you, instead of dealing with their own problems and the like. Though I wonder if that's better or worse than how 4 handled it, with the slink scene normally playing out, THEN the romantic stuff literally tacked on to the end of the convos....

And I lose points with Koro because I hate the characters that get the instant death spells, as it's one less useful spell they have. Isn't Koro naturally weak to light too? It's enough of a pain in the ass when one of those spells actually hits a random party member that's not weak to it, but being weak to it? Yeesh.

Funnest moment of latest playthrough of 3: Doing great against the reaper, then a Mahamaon literally hitting EVERYONE. Recovered and won anyway, but man was that nasty.

Now.... *goes to find full burn my dread*

Does FeMC get a different SL than Gourmet King? That guy was super gross and I'm a bad person for thinking it would be awesome if you could romance him.

Dantis

I'd say Saori's is equally good. It's like a summary of everything that makes S Links amazing.

And yeah, FeMC's are the best. I hope that's the direction P5 goes.

Funnily enough, even with saving before ever doing it, it MAYBE happens to me once every other game. I don't think in any of the playthroughs I've had of either game that it's happened more than once per.

Still, you don't want it to be at a critical time, so better safe than sorry. :p

Guess what? I got yet another fusion accident. Wasn't so lucky this time around, so glad I saved. Was trying to get Cu Chulainn with Power Charge + Blade of Fury and what did it turn into? Decarabia. Some starfish thing with strength as its lowest stat, lol.

Anyways, is there some sort of trick to beating the boss of the fourth dungeon? 'Cos if not there is some serious difficulty drop for the fifth one. I was convinced there would be another phase to the fight, I wasn't even close to losing a party member in the whole fight and that was with Yukiko's ice weakness. On the other hand the fourth one must have gone on for at least forty minutes and I was forced to use my soma.

Meia

Yeah, most of the links change. They also go the P4 route, where every party member eventually becomes a link. It's a much better overall change, honestly.

Even some of the other links change, and the changes are almost universally better. Liked the new Chariot as opposed to the old, for example. Losing Hermit sucked though. :(

Could get MORE specific, but not sure if links and who they are could constitute a spoiler, so better safe than sorry probably. If you like Persona 3, you really need to play through the female route in Persona 3 Portable. Even with the much worse presentation the game has. It's why I WANT a remake of 3 with both sides getting a full game treatment. They did fine work with it.

Saori was good, Shinji was probably the best party member social link they've done, though it makes sense considering he was one of the most interesting characters of 3.

EDIT:

The difficulty for persona 4 to me was always very front loaded. As you get a handle on the game's systems(buffing/duffing, good fusions), the game just kind of gets easier. Though putting it as you're putting it, it's hard to tell which boss you're specifically talking about. Fighting 1 boss before the first dungeon then 2 in the second kind of throws things off, as well as not knowing if you're referring to the mini-bosses as bosses. :p

Venfayth

Shinjiro's SL was the best.
P3P SPOILS
I'm so fucking sad he died. But at the same time, I'm glad they didn't do any wizardry and make him somehow stay alive for the female route.

The difficulty for persona 4 to me was always very front loaded. As you get a handle on the game's systems(buffing/duffing, good fusions), the game just kind of gets easier. Though putting it as you're putting it, it's hard to tell which boss you're specifically talking about. Fighting 1 boss before the first dungeon then 2 in the second kind of throws things off, as well as not knowing if you're referring to the mini-bosses as bosses. :p

Sorry for the confusion, I put it like that to avoid spoilers so:

The one I had difficulty with was the boss at the end of the retro game dungeon (I forget his name), that baby thing who summons up the game character. In order to prevent being wiped out I had to keep using attack debuffs as well as evasion buffs and that takes a lot of SP. Shadow Naoto on the other hand was incredibly easy and it was only one dungeon later. My attacks did a ton of damage, I didn't even need to heal every turn, and the buff it used after knocking over Yukiko could be easily reverted next turn. Just struck me as kinda odd that's all. Tbh I was relieved it wasn't a long grind like the other one :p

Moonlight

Banned
I just read the wiki. What. I don't remember that happening.
You need to fulfill a few conditions the game doesn't explicitly tell you.
He's still effectively serving the same purpose in the story, even so, and stops being a party member, but you can do it.

Bonus fun Re: Shinjiro S. Link:

P3 Spoilers
If you romance him in a New Game+, he'll actually wake up on the last day so you can spend your final moments with him.

It's just as sad as it sounds :'(

Meia

Well, you're also comparing a boss that attacks twice a turn versus one that attacks once per, it does add to the difficulty a tad. :p

Back to Shinji:
Just the act of maxing it prevents him from dieing, as I think you need to find his watch just to initiate the rank 10 event. This watch is what prevents the shot from being fatal, though he'll remain comatose until the end(and yes, if romanced and in a game + he wakes up on graduation day for, ya know).

For my first playthrough of the fem route:
I romanced Shinji, then after he got shot, romanced Akihiko. Don't know how I felt about that. Guess I could always say that he told her to move on or something. Head canon RULES!

What didn't rule was picking a wrong option and winding up with someone else too. Ew.

What I want is, 2 characters, a male and a female. If you pick the male, the female is named, voice acted, and is still part of the story. Same thing if you pick the female, the male gets named, voice acted and is still part of the story.

Noi

What I want is, 2 characters, a male and a female. If you pick the male, the female is named, voice acted, and is still part of the story. Same thing if you pick the female, the male gets named, voice acted and is still part of the story.

dis shit ain't pokemon yo

dis shit ain't pokemon yo

tumblr_l84wu534Ql1qb8982o1_500.jpg

cjkeats

This is the best option.

Trigger

I wouldn't mind this one bit. Atlus should have us on the payroll with all the good ideas we're coming up with tbh.

Levito

Banned
Just encase you all haven't heard, Bioshock Infinite spoilers are running rampant on the internet right now, so be careful.

Trigger

Nanako is just Dojima's mother from the past and was the true killer all along.

Just encase you all haven't heard, Bioshock Infinite spoilers are running rampant on the internet right now, so be careful.

I saw. lol, had to bail out of the OT thread. I can't take the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom