• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
nevermind. having a look around it seems like it hasn't been fixed. did nobody notice it before it came to the US so they could fix it for that? pretty annoying, especially considering how long it can be. if it happened a long way in then tables would be thrown

You mean the save wipe bug?

It's pretty rare and I don't think it's happened to anyone here or in the P4 Golden thread.

You can always back up your saves with the content manager on your PC/PS3 or in the cloud.

Trigger

The best thing about both Junpei and Yukari is that they both continue to develop before and after their dedicated archs, something many of the p3 crew and all of the p4 crew suffer from. They feel very real, alive, and relatable. P2 excels in this too though.

Yeah, I totally agree.

You mean the save wipe bug?

It's pretty rare and I don't think it's happened to anyone here or in the P4 Golden thread.

You can always back up your saves with the content manager on your PC/PS3 or in the cloud.

yeah, the save bug in P4 G (also just realized this isn't the OT, I thought it was for some reason. now my posts just look like rambling:D).

So saves can be backed up from the cartridge or only the digital version?

If they can be backed up from the cartridge then I'll order it right now. at least that's some assurance if it were to happen, however small the chance may be

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Implying Yukari is better than Junpei

Nah, can't be

I imply nothing good sir.

l3jVFC9.png

yeah, the save bug in P4 G (also just realized this isn't the OT, I thought it was for some reason. now my posts just look like rambling:D).

So saves can be backed up from the cartridge or only the digital version?

If they can be backed up from the cartridge then I'll order it right now. at least that's some assurance if it were to happen, however small the chance may be

They can be backed up from either.

Meia

This is what I get for not refreshing often enough, too many parallels between Yukari and Yukiko is probably why she's not in the game. Bows to fans, healing ability, etc.

And yes, Junpei was pretty damn good. Funnily enough, I remember disliking him somewhat strongly when I first played through Fes. Then I loved what they did with him in P3P, then after playing through Fes again recently, I really should have liked him more than I did originally. Weird.

Social links/character growth tied to the story I guess had characters with more depth, instead of characters getting depth in a Link, then back in the main story they don't seem to have grown much at all in comparison to how they originally were. That's probably my only real complaint against P4 honestly. Still think 4 had the better cast, but 3 was strong.

maltrain

Hi, guys. I started with this saga, like many people, with PERSONA 4 GOLDEN. I beated twice for getting the true ending.

Well, after that, I played Persona 3 Portable and beated once. Great game.

Now, with the sale in progress, I'll buy Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS One Classic - 9,99) and Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP - 14,99) for sure.

I'm not really sure about the original Persona (PSP - 9,99).

Three questions, please.

First, the order of Persona 2 is: Innocent Sin and then Eternal Punishment, right?

Second, should I play the first Persona for understanding Persona 2 better?

And third... should I buy the first Persona at all? Would be good at this point?

cj_iwakura

Hi, guys. I started with this saga, like many people, with PERSONA 4 GOLDEN. I beated twice for getting the true ending.

Now, with the sale in progress, I'll buy Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS One Classic - 9,99) and Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP - 14,99) for sure.

Three questions, please.

First, the order of Persona 2 is: Innocent Sin and then Eternal Punishment, right?

And third... should I buy the first Persona at all? Would be good at this point?

Yes, yes, and yes.

P1 is dated, but it's just fine if you like first person dungeon crawlers.

Omikaru

Three questions, please.

P1 is an acquired taste. I disliked it, some people love it. And yeah, the order is P2 IS, then EP.

Remember that P1 and both halves of P2 aren't much like the modern games. P3 was a pretty drastic shift.

Meia

And I found P1 to be largely poopy and didn't get far because the game lacks story, fun characters, and you have no bloody idea what the hell you're doing because apparently people didn't like it enough to even try to do guides for it. Whee.

Still, even not far in P2:IP and seeing something there made me consider going back to it again to try and slog through it. Dunno if 3 just made me spoiled or something with an easier to understand pokemon-ish battle system with seeking weaknesses or something, but things like party formation in 1 to me are a damned mess.

EDIT:

And no, Yukiko is just blatantly overpowered. At least 3 TRIED to balance Yukari by not even giving her any boost/amp abilities. Then you have Rise herp-derping and mind charging Yukiko randomly, and then Yukiko gets a severe elemental attack, and....

Yeah, Golden just made an overpowered thing an atom bomb.

Though maybe that's how you make a Yukari in a fighting game like this. Slow weapon in the bow(unless she can also whack people with it in close), but a better than average healing ability or something. Not sure how that would even work in a fighting game though.

Come to think of it, does any character in arena have any of the uber piercing attacks? Maybe that's an in.

Omikaru

Yo for a healer character Yukiko was dishing out some serious heat. Yukari never matched her for damage output.

Yukiko was pretty powerful (overpowered?) all around. The only fear is that if you used her too much for attack, she'd run out of SP when it came to healing time, but once you reach late game and she's a high level that's a pretty moot concern...

Hey guys, if I were to buy all of the Persona games on PSN to play on my Vita, how much memory would that take? 8 gig?

Do you have P4A yet?

If not, go get it now. Then jump online so we can play together.

Oh, and don't play any of the P3 characters' story modes as they contain P3 spoilaz.

Hey Scrafty are you on PS3 or 360? Going to EVO2013 now that P4A is there?

Hey Scrafty are you on PS3 or 360? Going to EVO2013 now that P4A is there?

I'm on PS3, and unfortunately I can't go to EVO until next year. Me and three of my friends have been saving a nest egg for two years now so we can fly down to the West Coast for a July and attend SDCC and EVO (we're all in the Greater Toronto Area).

I still watch EVO every year though, and hopefully P4A will still be active when I go next year.

Deadpool940 said:
What's worse than a navigator who states the obvious? A navigator who has a dull voice and has weird pronunciation on various words and still states the obvious.

I agree. Rise was much better because Laura Bailey.

Mitsuru's probably still the best, though. I loved the random French words thrown into her analyses.

Meia

Oh I know of the wikidot. It gives a lot of info, but good luck piecing anything useful out of it if you haven't grown up playing the games and have little to no idea what you're doing, cause I certainly didn't after seeing it.

I'm on PS3, and unfortunately I can't go to EVO until next year. Me and three of my friends have been saving a nest egg for two years now so we can fly down to the West Coast for a July and attend SDCC and EVO (we're all in the Greater Toronto Area).

I still watch EVO every year though, and hopefully P4A will still be active when I go next year.

That's great man - well hey, let's throw down some time on PSN :) My ID is in the P4A OT and I play as Chie. I'm going to fight at EVO this year too and I spread a rumor that jello and cj will be there, so it'll be true pretty soon.

cj_iwakura

Oh I know of the wikidot. It gives a lot of info, but good luck piecing anything useful out of it if you haven't grown up playing the games and have little to no idea what you're doing, cause I certainly didn't after seeing it.

P1 seems complicated, but it's really not when you get into it. You negotiate demons out of their spell cards, and get newer Personas from them, and fuse them for stronger ones. It's more like SMT than P2, really.

I'd love to fight you sometime, but just know that I'll be utterly destroyed. I bought P4A as a fan of both Persona and fighting games, but I've never been able to delve deep enough to do crazy combos lr master One More Cancels. I mostly just stick back and wait for an opportunity to land a few potshots before going on the defensive.

I'll be rooting for you at EVO, though! Here's hoping that you, jello and cj go all the way!

I'd love to fight you sometime, but just know that I'll be utterly destroyed. I bought P4A as a fan of both Persona and fighting games, but I've never been able to delve deep enough to do crazy combos lr master One More Cancels. I mostly just stick back and wait for an opportunity to land a few potshots before going on the defensive.

I'll be rooting for you at EVO, though! Here's hoping that you, jello and cj go all the way!

Man, I'm terrible too <3

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That's great man - well hey, let's throw down some time on PSN :) My ID is in the P4A OT and I play as Chie. I'm going to fight at EVO this year too and I spread a rumor that jello and cj will be there, so it'll be true pretty soon.

Well I WANT to go, buttttttttttt there's that whole "needing a roommate" thing.

Oh I wouldn't be in the tourney lol.

I'd just be there for support.

Levito

Banned
Think there's a good chance arc system works designed P4 Arena like BlazBlue, in that they might have planned for future iterations of the game to have more characters.

Which is maybe why popular characters like Yukari weren't in P4 Arena, cause they might be used as incentive to buy future releases later down the line.

In comparing the P3/4 navigators, I'd rate them like this

Mitsuru>Rise>>>Teddie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fuuka

Probably. The only good thing to come out of Fuuka is that Juno is kind of cool-looking I guess.

P3 BRO RANKING

BRO TIER:
Junpei
Mitsuru
Shinjiro

PAL TIER:
Akihiko
Koro-chan
Aigis

ACQUAINTANCE TIER:
Yukari

I JUST PUT UP WITH YOU TIER:
Fuuka

WHY TIER:
Ken

Moonlight

Banned
Yo for a healer character Yukiko was dishing out some serious heat. Yukari never matched her for damage output.
I think the obvious answer, then, is to remove Yukiko and add Yukari.

Also, I don't understand how this could be a question. Rise is number one navigator for life.

EDIT: P3 Ranking

A Tier
Yukari
Junpei

B Tier
Mitsuru
Akihiko
Aigis

C Tier
Koromaru
Shinjiro

D Tier
Ken

There Are Two Enemies Remaining Tier
Fuuka

PK Gaming

Do you have P4A yet?

If not, go get it now. Then jump online so we can play together.

Oh, and don't play any of the P3 characters' story modes as they contain P3 spoilaz.

Nope :(

But I'm definitely saving up for it though!

EDIT: I just got Fuuka. She sounds funny, but in a good way. I find her to be insanely cute, and I don't miss Mitsuru because she's a kickass fighter &#9834;

Nope :(

But I'm definitely saving up for it though!

EDIT: I just got Fuuka. She sounds funny, but in a good way. I find her to be insanely cute, and I don't miss Mitsuru because she's a kickass fighter &#9834;

Just to be clear, you received my friend request on PSN, right? Otherwise and impostor PK Gaming is currently on my PSN friend list D:

Meia

Koro was kind of a poopy party member and the worst social link experience ever? Dunno, kind of how I look at it.

And I love Fuuka's character, but man that voice, yeesh. Still wasn't as painful as I remember playing through the game, just some really really odd lines/delivery.

I still wonder if I kind of shot myself in the foot buying the 360 version of arena since no one else seems to have it. Should pick up the ps3 version at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom