• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
You can have a female player character in P3? Methinks I'll have to check that out once I'm done with 4.
Yep. And she's the best MC.

What I want is, 2 characters, a male and a female. If you pick the male, the female is named, voice acted, and is still part of the story. Same thing if you pick the female, the male gets named, voice acted and is still part of the story.
Probably the best possible solution with the hardest implementation.

Levito

Banned
Chie was the origami killer

PRESS X TO YIKIKO

Haha oh god some of the people trying to defend that Mind Zero game, so funny. It's like the people that claim that Rahxephon had no Evangelion inspiration, or StarCraft/WarCraft had no Warhammer influence.

Hope the game is good though!

Venfayth

Especially in a Persona game. Two wild cards fighting side by side? :O

Or what if, which ever one you don't pick is an antagonist :D

PRESS X TO YIKIKO

Haha oh god some of the people trying to defend that Mind Zero game, so funny. It's like the people that claim that Rahxephon had no Evangelion inspiration, or StarCraft/WarCraft had no Warhammer influence.

Hope the game is good though!

Yukikooooooo! Yukiko! Yukikooooooooooooo! YUKIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Meia

Yukikooooooo! Yukiko! Yukikooooooooooooo! YUKIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And now because of this, whenever I see Chie run into the castle by herself in a playthrough, or fight with her in the party in said castle, all I'll be doing is chanting this over and over and over. Sigh. :p

And now because of this, whenever I see Chie run into the castle by herself in a playthrough, or fight with her in the party in said castle, all I'll be doing is chanting this over and over and over. Sigh. :p

And then Chie gets hit by Avenger Knight.

And then coma.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Made it to the Death Arcana form of the last boss in P3 hard mode. What a fucking tedious battle. The enemy is easy as piss, but it takes forever to get to the last part and then the asshole becomes hard as fuck.

Damn, 1 hour of battle went to waste.

Made it to the Death Arcana form of the last boss in P3 hard mode. What a fucking tedious battle. The enemy is easy as piss, but it takes forever to get to the last part and then the asshole becomes hard as fuck.

Damn, 1 hour of battle went to waste.

Night Queen still gives me Vietnam-style flashbacks. I watched my party fall one by one... So many times...

The horror... The horror...

Trigger

P3's last boss is great. Eerie and elegant. I also liked hearing each of the arcana getting a small summarizing statement too. It made me think about why each character was assigned their arcana.

Ok, so I grabbed P3P and Persona 2 EP off PSN for $9.99 each - I can't wait to play FeMC to completion and play P2EP, a game about adults, as an adult.

Also, just in case anybody is looking for the PSN Persona games' sizes and compatibility:

• Persona 1 (PSP/Vita) - 510 MB
  • Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP/Vita) - 904 MB
  • Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS3/PSP/Vita) - 441 MB
  • Persona 3 Portable (PSP/Vita) - 1.1 GB (+258 MB Optional Install)
  • Persona 4 Golden (Vita) - 3.1 GB

Tizoc

I'll prob. be getting the EU ver. of P4G by next week, but I need to know if there are any DLC planned for P4G, as I use a US account on my Vita.

Trigger

Oh my that Mind = Zero thread, lol. I like design of not-Aigis's persona summon.

I'm happy I'm not the only person who will end up buying it despite acknowledging what a huge ripoff it is. >_>;

Tizoc

No, you're good.

Awesome, now to find some games I can trade in to shoot down the price to under $40 (yes I know it's $30 on US PSN, but my 32 GB ain't got much space left @_@...though I'd get it off US PSN if I can get an extra $10 somehow...)

Dantis

Oh my that Mind = Zero thread, lol. I like design of not-Aigis's persona summon.

I'm happy I'm not the only person who will end up buying it despite acknowledging what a huge ripoff it is. >_>;

The people who are denying that it's a ripoff are hilarious.

Dantis

Well, to be fair, Persona was already... inspired, shall we say... by JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Hardly.

SMT came out in the late 80s. So did Jojo.

Not to mention that the similarities between them are non-existant outside of the basic premise.

Daimaou

Hardly.

SMT came out in the late 80s. So did Jojo.

Not to mention that the similarities between them are non-existant outside of the basic premise.

Persona came out in 96. You can make a case for If's guardian system being the precursor to personas, but even that was 94.

Do we know anything about Mind Zero besides "SUMMONS FROM YOUR MIND!"?

Dantis

Persona came out in 96. You can make a case for If's guardian system being the precursor to personas, but even that was 94.

Do we know anything about Mind Zero besides "SUMMONS FROM YOUR MIND!"?

Right, but the comparison people make when they're talking about Jojo and Persona is students, high school etc. etc., which SMT was doing in the late 80s. If you're literally talking about Stands and Personas and that's it then it is nothing more than a similarity. Also, Personas are just a different twist on demon summoning that SMT has been doing for years.

Also

Mind Zero, developed in collaboration with Class of Heroes studio Zerodiv, is a dark and stylish school dungeon RPG.

The game will have two worlds—a crazy mental one and a physical one—and players can use special MIND (Mental Inside Nobody Doll) powers to call forth Stand-like things. It will also have fully voiced scenes, 3D battles, and 2D adventure game-like conversation scenes. When you hit enemies, you’ll see onomatopoeic words like “Barin!” and “Zugyan.”

Really, bro, this isn't even a debate.

Daimaou

Right, but the comparison people make when they're talking about Jojo and Persona is students, high school etc. etc., which SMT was doing in the late 80s. If you're literally talking about Stands and Personas and that's it then it is nothing more than a similarity.

Also

Really, bro, this isn't even a debate.

*Shrug*

I still think people are riding a bit too close to a double standard.

Edit: For the record, I'm not saying that lifting ideas from other works is necessarily bad or good. All art is plagiarism or revolution. It's the inconsistency that bugs me.

Dantis

Have we talked about the fact that we're playing Arena on May 10th for the EU release?

You all need to be present for my continued disappointment in the game!

Venfayth

Have we talked about the fact that we're playing Arena on May 10th for the EU release?

You all need to be present for my continued disappointment in the game!

I think it'd be more of a discussion topic if there were something you weren't disappointed in :)

Dantis

We are in desperate need of Persona 5 information, how long do we have to wait!!!?

Maybe E3?

I feel like it would get drowned if they announced it at E3. It's basically like sending it out to die on a week like that, haha. Particularly with the new consoles coming.

I do hope it's soon though. It's about two years now since they finished work on Catherine.

I think it'd be more of a discussion topic if there were something you weren't disappointed in :)

The topic of discussion is more that we're all getting together to play the game than the fact that I don't like it. :p

I'll use Labrys just for you :3

I have a suspicious feeling that everyone I play will do.

Th thing is Dantis, I am gonna be using her against other people, the fact that you abhor her is just a nice bonus!

This place has slown down due to lack of news and the steam chat thing

cjkeats

I feel like it would get drowned if they announced it at E3. It's basically like sending it out to die on a week like that, haha. Particularly with the new consoles coming.

I do hope it's soon though. It's about two years now since they finished work on Catherine.

Unless it gets it's own screen time at one of the press events. But that's very unlikely. Maybe TGS in September, if at any event at all.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, if anything, P5 would be announced at TGS, not E3.

R4fsJvN.jpg

PK Gaming

D'aww

Still playing Persona 3

-So i'm pretty sure the Lovers boss tried to make my MC & Akihiko
have sex with each other. Yukari and Junpei too... It also caused irreparable damage to everyone's psyche, what an evil boss >_>
-Summer beach time! You know, it may not have been accompanied with some fancy CG like in Persona 4, but I still had a lot of fun. I especially wanted Junpei to have fun after he was down for several days
-Looks like the story is slowly coming together bit by bit
-Aigis is a robot, but she has a Persona? Something fishy's going on :eek:
-Still loving the main cast
-I adore Fuuka, she's so adorable. Even with her actor who sometimes sounds stilted and messes up her lines, I think it further adds to the appeal, imo. I can't get enough of her, trying to max her SL's asap.

PS: I may have unintentionally figured out a crucial twist to the games plot. Placing it down here, but don't respond!
The main character is one of the shadows... her hair clips say it all

Dantis

God forgive me, I am so tempted to preorder it

Just rent it bro. You don't want to be paying full price for that turd of a release.

I may have to learn Labrys just to join in! :D

You're a bad person.

Unless it gets it's own screen time at one of the press events. But that's very unlikely. Maybe TGS in September, if at any event at all.

Yeah, I think it will just be a Famitsu announcement, like usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom