• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like the vocal tracks, but I'd prefer if the boss themes remained instrumental. Vocals would most likely lessen the quality of awesome songs like Danger Zone or The Almighty. Burn My Dread is the obvious exception, though.

Also, should I keep my Ryojiventures avatar or change to Junpei from this art?

EDIT: My favourite track in the series is The Almighty. It gets you pumped up for the apparent final battle while still remaining serene, and the piano in the bridge is gorgeous.

I'll Face Myself (Reincarnation) is a close second though, mostly because the violin is my favourite instrument.

Sophia

...what I find unforgivable, however, was not having
Metis taped into your party from the get-go. Went through all the Answer without nary a problem, got the last few boss fights, and the game goes "OH YOU DIDN'T USE METIS LAWL START OVER."
Screw that game.

I'll take "Things the game outright encourages you not to do" for $200, Alex.

Dantis

Just finished Maken. Pretty sure I got a really bad ending (
Maken sacrifices himself so that Kei can live
). The team that made it was TINY! Pretty cool to see some of the Persona team worked on it.

Excellent game. Very pleasantly surprised, and it makes me want a Hashino-headed Raidou game.

But an instrumental opening gave us the best opening the series has ever had.

Lolno. It's not even close.

Meia

At what point does the game say it's not a good idea to not do that? If anything, any other RPG I've ever played has always
LOCKED a character into a perma member of a party if the game were to go in that direction.

Throw in this happening
after a point of no return,
and I think I'm justified in hating the game due to that. :p

Sophia

At what point does the game say it's not a good idea to not do that? If anything, any other RPG I've ever played has always
LOCKED a character into a perma member of a party if the game were to go in that direction.

Throw in this happening
after a point of no return,
and I think I'm justified in hating the game due to that. :p

Metis has no weaknesses and no disadvantages. That's the developers way of saying "Why would you NOT use her?", plus they foreshadow the battles in the arena at the very beginning of the game, so it's not like you weren't warned.

Granted, there's no point of no return in The Answer; You can always level her up.

You're a horrible person, you know that? :(

cj_iwakura

Just finished Maken. Pretty sure I got a really bad ending (
Maken sacrifices himself so that Kei can live
). The team that made it was TINY! Pretty cool to see some of the Persona team worked on it.

Excellent game. Very pleasantly surprised, and it makes me want a Hashino-headed Raidou game.

Actually, I think that pretty much is. EP PS1 was always my favorite, EP PSP's is even better.

AND GO GET THE TRUE END! It's sooooo amazing.

Meia

Metis has no weaknesses and no disadvantages. That's the developers way of saying "Why would you NOT use her?", plus they foreshadow the battles in the arena at the very beginning of the game, so it's not like you weren't warned.

Granted, there's no point of no return in The Answer; You can always level her up.

If you're referring to the act of
having a party of 4 going down to a party of TWO, and then saying "But you can still level her!" being something to fix it, no.

It's an epilogue of sorts, and they introduce a new character to you. I wonder how many people that went through all of 3 did exactly what I did: Not bothering with the newbie since you don't know her, then BOOM trap card. PROTIP: Want to have someone new be really desired? MAKE THEM A HEALER. :p

If your game should have a warning before-hand, there's a design problem there somewhere.

Dantis

Technically what you have there, despite calling itself Knights of the Holy Spear, is actually a remix of P2's main theme, the final boss themes, and Knight's of the Holy Spear all in one. >_>;

If it were actually used in game, I might count it....

They're all Knights though, so they all count.

And Meguro's is the best by a good margin.

Sophia

If you're referring to the act of
having a party of 4 going down to a party of TWO, and then saying "But you can still level her!" being something to fix it, no.

Sure you can. It's easy to solo in Persona 3. Pathetically easy. Hell, you're even rewarded with double the XP thanks to the way the XP system works. :p

The only way it could get any more obvious is if the game had a nice warning saying
"HEY IN 20 HOURS FROM NOW YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO USE THE BEST MEMBER OF YOUR PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

cj_iwakura

So what's everyone's favorite cut-in? Kind of a P3/P4 tradition.

ElizabethClose.jpg

It says to me, "you are going to die now".

Mitsuru's would be a close second.

Huh...What do you think of Drakenguard 3 btw?

Drakengard has always been godawful and the only reason anyone knows or cares about it is because of the shock value. It'll likely be an absolutely horrible game that will have enough messed up stuff in it that people will overlook all the flaws so they can sit around nodding about how crazy and messed up it is.

Meia

Yeah, as a villain in p4 it was pretty great, just not very threatening end of the day.

Then again, nothing was near the end of P4. One of the things I like about P3, no matter how overleveled you were, that fight still took a fair bit.

Still love the first time opening Monad, that fight took me a half hour. :p

The last one is great, but shame there's absolutely no threat from it.

They were still a great villain, and the reveal of their villanous nature was far better than the one in P3.

Plus they're a great character because they're the perfect opposite of your character in every way.

Jintor

I'm not talking about the handling or even the treatment of the character, I'm saying the character themself is a stupid person

cj_iwakura

Boy did I get my tail kicked by the third Answer boss.
(Two Mayas and the Dancer Couple)

He was just spamming Heat Wave nonstop.

Good to have a challenge again!

Marche90

Never really thought about which cut-in was my favorite, but if I were to choose right now, I would have to go with the P3 MC. Was the first one that I thought when I read the question.
Also, sorry, but no pictures. I was forced to use my 3DS to browse the internet in the meantime *shudder*

Jintor

She's so genki

and has some rocking music. (Although I still can't decide if I prefer Wiping All Out or Mass Destruction)

She's so genki

and has some rocking music. (Although I still can't decide if I prefer Wiping All Out or Mass Destruction)

I slightly prefer Mass Destruction, if only because I love the "ooh, yeah! Da-dunundundun, dun-dunun dun-dun!" and the lyric "Three dots connect a rectangle" in Wiping All Out makes my head hurt.

Danger Zone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Master of Tartarus, though.

Dantis

I'd buy a figure of her, and an expensive, non-bootleg one at that.

After your last piece, I would like to see this.

She was in the first piece of Persona fan art that I did (I've done like, five, now?). I did the line art freehand though, so it's a lot rougher. I've been meaning to redo it, but just haven't got around to it.

cj_iwakura

She was in the first piece of Persona fan art that I did (I've done like, five, now?). I did the line art freehand though, so it's a lot rougher. I've been meaning to redo it, but just haven't got around to it.

Damn, left out the boy with the pierced ear. Ice cold. :p

Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom