• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Back from PAX. What a great experience~

Unrelated, but I saw this at the udon booth and thought of CJ.

8586985407_07a8dd0bc1_z.jpg

Jintor

Did they have a Brutal Legend book at the udon booth? DF tweeted a cover recently and I've been itching to get my hands on it.

Noi

Did they have a Brutal Legend book at the udon booth? DF tweeted a cover recently and I've been itching to get my hands on it.

They did! The artists were there signing copies too, that whole booth made me wish I wasn't living in poverty.

Jintor

When they first launched I think it was with someone who wasn't Udon so supply chains were borked. All I remember is that I preordered from Amazon and then they cancelled it and never shipped anything.

labrysthumbsup.png

Ey Dantis-Kun! 'Ows it goin? Ya puttin' da kibbosh on yah drawlins? Don do dat man! I know weez aint da bestest pals o nuttin, but It wool sure kill ol' robo me if ya sthap'd!

Marche90

I'm surprised that he did a fan art of Labrys, to be honest. I hadn't see it. Nice as usual.

Goddamnit, Noi. So jealous of that Growlanser art bok

I liked the Answer, and it wasn't too bad if you had a good start and knew what you were doing with fusing.

...what I find unforgivable, however, was not having
Metis taped into your party from the get-go. Went through all the Answer without nary a problem, got the last few boss fights, and the game goes "OH YOU DIDN'T USE METIS LAWL START OVER."
Screw that game.

Which is a justified reaction,
cuz fuck almighty she sucked.
Almost happened to me too.

Meia

When you're more familiar with how the game works, or know better, yeah, she's a pretty good character in combat.

Still doesn't change the fact that anyone coming from playing the Journey for the first time is much more likely to stick to that cast than some new upstart. :p

Noi

When you're more familiar with how the game works, or know better, yeah, she's a pretty good character in combat.

Still doesn't change the fact that anyone coming from playing the Journey for the first time is much more likely to stick to that cast than some new upstart. :p

This is true. Hell, it doesn't even have to be an upstart, you're more likely to go with the familiar than the unknown. Anectodal evidence: Me and P4A. I tried out everyone in the cast as a character to play as before begrudgingly trying out Labrys and realizing I liked her.

I only used
Metis because someone gave me a head's up that I should use her. Otherwise, I'd have dumped her too quickly.

Meia

I'll also go so far as to say this about her introduction:

In her first 5 minutes of popping up, she brutally assaults all of the cast, almost killing one, becomes a boss fight(never wanting to kill you was a nice touch, though you may waste some healing items before you even know this), then joins you under who knows what pretenses. All you know is you see some cutscene of her and Aigis attacking people like Akihiko(actually SHOOTING at him), and you don't know what exactly to think. Personally? I thought Aigis had gone crazy later and that other robot was to blame, so hell no was I using her ass.

Then you get to the point where it's you and her as the only ones left. I was like lv70. She was lv 25. Yeah, that was happening.

Sophia

Then you get to the point where it's you and her as the only ones left. I was like lv70. She was lv 25. Yeah, that was happening.

So in otherwords, entirely your own fault for not leveling a party member. :p

You could have probably speed-leveled her in Ptolomea pretty quickly, 30 minutes tops....

cj_iwakura

You'd think that by not leveling the rest,
you'd have an easier time fighting them later. :( But nooooo

I have Aigis and Metis at 45 right now, at Antenora.

Level grinding is VERY little help against Answer's bosses.

Noi

...Not leveling up a party member he didn't want to use. Something neither The Journey nor P4 penalize you for doing.

I beat The Journey my first time through without ever touching Ken and Shinji, ditching Junpei when I could and alternating between Mitsuru, Aki, Aigis and Yukari. Forcing a character on you for boss fights when actually using said character is completely optional beforehand is dumb.

Sophia

...Not leveling up a party member he didn't want to use. Something neither The Journey nor P4 penalize you for doing.

The Journey actually does. There are later bosses that are much more difficult if you haven't leveled everyone equally.

Noi

The Journey actually does. There are later bosses that are much more difficult if you haven't leveled everyone equally.

and I still brought the same party to every boss fight and won. I've told you before, I play favorites. The Journey didn't force me to only use party members that I hadn't used before at all.

Sophia

and I still brought the same party to every boss fight and won. I've told you before, I play favorites. The Journey didn't force me to only use party members that I hadn't used before at all.

You beat the Jotun of Grief without using Yukari/Ken/Aigis setup? That's pretty difficult unless you're overleveled seeing as it only takes damage from Pierce and Almighty.

You beat the Jotun of Grief without using Yukari/Ken/Aigis setup? That's pretty difficult unless you're overleveled seeing as it only takes damage from Pierce and Almighty.

I had Seth for that one. Fire Break + Fire Amp'd Agidynes from me and Koromaru = victory. Akihiko was for debuffs and Mitsuru was on healing detail.

Noi

I've never used Ken in any of my P3 runs, and I've only ever had Aigis or Yukari in my party at one time, not both. I played through all of P3P's maniac difficulty using only Aki/Mitsuru/Aigis.

Even if the boss is immune to /damage/ it doesn't mean the party member is useless. I prefer strategy over being overleveled, which is something The Journey facilitated no matter what (Immune to something? That's what spell breaks are for. If not, stick to buff/debuff/healing duty). Forcing you to use a party member the game never required you to use before goes contrary to that.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh my god jello, Apple's VO just listened to your squeaky voice recording thing and gave it a seal of approval. I'm jealous that you're going to go into voice acting now :O

It's funny because I wanted to, I've always been doing funny voices and stuff, people always told me I should, but I have zero acting experience. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom