• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

You don't need to go through the story anyway though, right? It's not like it unlocks anything?

I was missing the trophy for fully clearing all the story modes, but nothing else really! Just a bit upsetting that my progress went up in smoke.

Fucking...I was looking forever for that.

A very cool person scanned in a super high quality version!
UebWeYX.jpg

PK Gaming

so i'm almost finished P3

should I dive right into P2 and its sequel?

I heard that Eternal Punishment didn't get a proper remake (instead i'd have to play the translated PS1 port)

Should I even bother? Maybe wait for a possible translation of the PSP version of EP, or maybe just skip it altogether?

cj_iwakura

so i'm almost finished P3

should I dive right into P2 and its sequel?

I heard that Eternal Punishment didn't get a proper remake (instead i'd have to play the translated PS1 port)

Should I even bother? Maybe wait for a possible translation of the PSP version of EP, or maybe just skip it altogether?

Dive right into P2. It could be months if not years before EP PSP gets localized.

cjkeats

Very good, but it'll take time.

Hopefully it'll go a little faster seeing as the game was already translated once (minus the new scenario, of course). I imagine the technical part is the real hard part though.

I just got my PSP out again and have been poking around in fan translations. Amazing the work that gets put into these.

cj_iwakura

Depends on how difficult it is to program, but it's eventually inevitable now.

I have my plate full(and the hacker I work with isn't too PSP-savvy), but if I were to do it, I'd use the original Atlus script as a foundation and touch it up to remove the Lunarvale-isms. It's a great translation.
(And no honorifics.)

Sophia

I have my plate full(and the hacker I worth with isn't too PSP-savvy), but if I were to do it, I'd use the original Atlus script as a foundation and touch it up to remove the Lunarvale-isms. It's a great translation.
(And no honorifics.)

I actually find that stuff like "Upperclassman Tatsuya" in the original EP script was more awkward than the honorifics. So if you use the original script, clean stuff like that up too. :p

A friend noticed something interesting in this picture of Ken Amada's web page. One, he is a fan of Featherman, just like every other Personaverse kid, but more interestingly, look at his page links. He has a certain bad ass tap buster's page listed there.

baofu2.png

Ken is a weird kid.

I got the P4 Design Works and I must say I love this image of Chie:

It's even more striking in the book, that blue and background blur really make her pop, and I love her yukata design.

The book also confirmed my suspicion that I may have missed something in the story... I'm on new game+ now, gonna attempt to max all social links and complete the compendium this time.

cj_iwakura

Exactly. From what I've seen, I like Baofu, but this is Ken we are talking about.

So you haven't played it, I assume. Do so then see how you feel. :p Also, if I were to give EU-GAF a copy of P2 EP for the PSN, what should I subject them to as to determine a candidate?

So you haven't played it, I assume. Do so then see how you feel. :p Also, if I were to give EU-GAF a copy of P2 EP for the PSN, what should I subject them to as to determine a candidate?

If they play and liked P1 or Innocent Sin? 3? 4? Do they like more old school RPGs? Can you deal with dated mechanics, high random encounter rate and PS1 mistranslations for the best characters and story of the series?

A very cool person scanned in a super high quality version!

Man that's some nice artwork. Glad to see it in such nice quality

A friend noticed something interesting in this picture of Ken Amada's web page. One, he is a fan of Featherman, just like every other Personaverse kid, but more interestingly, look at his page links. He has a certain bad ass tap buster's page listed there.

baofu2.png

Ken is a weird kid.

Nothing will ever redeem Ken though, Baofu or not.

I may be able to listen to that podcast today, depends on if my Vita can download it, since I'm out until tomorrow evening. Can't wait to listen with though if it's as good as last time

edit - looks like it'll download, huzzah! I'll listen to it later in the evening.

Gonna give this a listen on my next commute, I think.

Also, wasn't sure where to put this, but it got a chuckle out of me:

tumblr_md1mmdhFWD1r9wko3o2_r1_1280.png
It gets better when you realize Parasoul has a Mitsuru color in the superior (PS3 MASTER RACE) patched Skullgirls.

Also I wouldn't mind if they flat out replaced Alisa with Aigis, since I despise Alisa.

Are they patching the new stuff into the 360 version?
Yeah, it's just a case of Microsoft being a bag of dicks in this situation with it not being out yet. Each character gets a crapton of balance changes, 3 free colors for everyone (including the one I was referring to), training mode improvements, tournament mode, and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom