• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Oh man I don't even know how to respond to such heinous accusations

that's it dantis we've got to do an slinkfm together

how the fuck are we gonna work out the timezones

Dantis

Oh man I don't even know how to respond to such heinous accusations

that's it dantis we've got to do an slinkfm together

how the fuck are we gonna work out the timezones

Apparently there's a ten-hour difference in our time zones.

Also, my only headset is my 360 headset...

Um guys... is Messiah a trophy Persona?

You can only fuse him at lvl 90.

>_>

I fail to see how he's better than Thanatos on a regular playthrough!

Complete Theo's quest to defeat The Reaper and you'll gain access to Monad, the basement of Tartarus. Every enemy there is level 85+, with the highest being 97.

You'll be able to grind your way to 90 in no time flat, provided you can survive the mind-melting intensity.

PK Gaming

Complete Theo's quest to defeat The Reaper and you'll gain access to Monad, the basement of Tartarus. Every enemy there is level 85+, with the highest being 97.

You'll be able to grind your way to 90 in no time flat, provided you can survive the mind-melting intensity.

ooooh, that makes sense

i tried to ground on the regularly tartarus enemies, but i can't pull it off >_>

thank you

You all sound like PALs to me.

tumblr_m2rba3mxhL1qkun3a.gif

All them bizzles be crazy yo

Do Bizzles belong in Ballertown?

Nah, just Omi and Dantis usually. >_>;

To be fair, those two account for a big chunk of the steam chat anyways.

You guys better not get too lively without me there, I believe I'll be back in about 4 hours give or take. Ballertown isn't the same without me

cjkeats

I got an internal error on Giant Bomb and a pile of text showed up and under it was this:

profile-gb.png
They've been using the P4-ified Luchadeer since the site relaunch. The franchise list link has been broken ever since. :(
But that must be pretty cool as a fan to get something you made in the full thing.

FluxWaveZ

As time passes, the more I start to dislike Persona 4 Arena's story. Problems I've always had with it aside (like reducing the characters to stereotypes or its fragmented and contradictory nature), I just don't think it's a good thing that the story served to raise more questions than it answered.

Origins of the Dark Hour are further explained along with what a few P3 characters have been up to and the whole Labrys thing is wrapped up, sure, but that doesn't make up for all of the things that go unexplained.

You can't just drop shit like this:

to whip fans into a speculative frenzy and then go absolutely nowhere with it. I'm good with P4A being a collection of pure fanservice, but I'm not okay with the fanservice then devolving into a bunch of unresolved story beats that are not even assured to be resolved anytime soon, if ever. This is especially egregious when it's a game that touts itself to be the canon sequel of Persona 4. What, is there some final game in the P4 trilogy that we should be waiting for that will explain everything?

Ugh.

Meia

Who knows? Lord knows they set up enough dangling plot points on purpose, that if they don't do anything with them then we'll know they're out of their damn minds.

Only bad thing is to release that, then go a long time without saying anything at all about Persona anything for a year. Hard at work? Probably, but we don't know what on. Arena 2 to continue that story? 5 with a whole new cast? 5 with a combo of the cast from 3 and 4 continuing the arena story? A non numbered persona game that does that instead?

FluxWaveZ

I think I'm finally going to start a Persona game. Which version of 3 should I play? I have all 3 versions.

FES is what most recommend and the one I prefer, even though you might dislike not being able to give party memebers direct commands like P3P. P3P is fine if you don't mind a visual novel presentation and no anime cutscenes.

FluxWaveZ

You can if you planned on releasing a sequel to begin with.

See: Arcsys' BlazBlue story

BlazBlue isn't the same because we knew there would be a sequel pretty soon after the first one was released or in development or whatever (I don't follow the series closely).

If it was assured a P4A sequel was going to be made on the same time frame as Calamity Trigger to Continuum Shift, there'd already have been a Persona 4 Arena 2 playable in Japanese arcades for a month now. However, even if they plan the story to continue in a P4A2, we have no idea when that's going to happen (it could be years), and I still don't think it's appropriate for cliffhangers to last that long without any assurance that they plan to continue with them in a meaningful manner.

As time passes, the more I start to dislike Persona 4 Arena's story. Problems I've always had with it aside (like reducing the characters to stereotypes or its fragmented and contradictory nature), I just don't think it's a good thing that the story served to raise more questions than it answered.

Origins of the Dark Hour are further explained along with what a few P3 characters have been up to and the whole Labrys thing is wrapped up, sure, but that doesn't make up for all of the things that go unexplained.

You can't just drop shit like this:

to whip fans into a speculative frenzy and then go absolutely nowhere with it. I'm good with P4A being a collection of pure fanservice, but I'm not okay with the fanservice then devolving into a bunch of unresolved story beats that are not even assured to be resolved anytime soon, if ever. This is especially egregious when it's a game that touts itself to be the canon sequel of Persona 4. What, is there some final game in the P4 trilogy that we should be waiting for that will explain everything?

Ugh.

If the make an rpg titled Persona: Shadow Operatives, that is or is not Persona 5, I would be ok with it. I either want Persona 5 to connect to all of this directly, or absolutely not at all, no half assing it.

Meia

If the make an rpg titled Persona: Shadow Operatives, that is or is not Persona 5, I would be ok with it. I either want Persona 5 to connect to all of this directly, or absolutely not at all, no half assing it.

Pretty much what I want, and what I'm afraid of.

They could easily have 5 by it's own game with it's own cast, and then relate to the other personas via hard optional boss like they've done in 4, but I wouldn't mind them doing a 5, and then instead of a 6 being announced within a year like they kind of did with 3 and 4, announce a new rpg that continues arena's story or something. Still say have a Shadow Operative or whatever you call it game featuring people from the casts of 3 and 4, and that can be our college based game(have it take place a few years later).

I liked arena's story, but honestly it would've worked way better if it was added to the end of Golden or something instead of the Marie nonsense. The structure of that whole fighting game could've easily been a part of persona 4.

cjkeats

I think arena will get a follow up eventually. Wether it's another fighthing game or a JRPG or a character action game(/barf), or even a side scrolling platformer, I really don't care. Just give me more Labrys.

Dantis

I think arena will get a follow up eventually. Wether it's another fighthing game or a JRPG or a character action game(/barf), or even a side scrolling platformer, I really don't care. Just give me more Labrys.

I'd love Hashino to head up a character action game. I think they'd do it well.

No Labrys though. Leave her in the scrap-heap.

Dantis

If we were talking persona, robots.
SMT, Raidou all the way. God I wish he'd come back. He needs his own show or something.

I wouldn't mind a game around Aigis (P3 Aigis, not minigun, rocket and bazooka Aigis from Arena), but Labrys would be a no-go. I think she'd need a serious redesign to be an appealing protagonist.

cjkeats

I wouldn't mind a game around Aigis (P3 Aigis, not minigun, rocket and bazooka Aigis from Arena), but Labrys would be a no-go. I think she'd need a serious redesign to be an appealing protagonist.
Labrysdissaprovingface.jpg

She would be perfect with that giant axe.
I just want to hear her talk more, I love her accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom