• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sailormoon x P4 is dumb because the only cartoon for little girls P4 should be paired with is Revolutionary Girl Utena, and even then that's only for Revolutionary Girl Naoto and the Rose Princess Kanji.

cj_iwakura

Happened when I was listening to my megaten playlist on random and that was playing softly and I was like oh hey the Shinjuku Babel song lemme turn it u-wait a minute......

Imagine does have some great remixes. Now I want to know if Nakano is original or not.

I need to play more of Devil Summoner, but geez is it obtuse.

Meia

Naoto as Mercury works, and works better since she'd be embarrassed in the getup. Favorite thing in the pic? She's way more embarrassed than Yu, who's just rolling with it as usual. :D

Sophia

Naoto as Mercury works, and works better since she'd be embarrassed in the getup. Favorite thing in the pic? She's way more embarrassed than Yu, who's just rolling with it as usual. :D

Yeah for some reason Yu doesn't seem out of place there. >_>;

Dantis

So you haven't played it, I assume. Do so then see how you feel. :p Also, if I were to give EU-GAF a copy of P2 EP for the PSN, what should I subject them to as to determine a candidate?

If their name is Dantis, they should win.

Best criteria ever.

Gonna give this a listen on my next commute, I think.

Also, wasn't sure where to put this, but it got a chuckle out of me:

tumblr_md1mmdhFWD1r9wko3o2_r1_1280.png

This is awesome. I've been thinking about drawing some outfit crossovers myself. I love them.

Just unlocked the Thanatos Persona

HE'S SO COOL OH MY GOD

I heard Elizabeth uses Thanatos as a Persona in Arena, is this true?!?

If only his ability lived up to his awesome appearance...

Seriously, the faster you fuse him into Messiah (the actual coolest Persona in the game) the better.

Marche90

Just unlocked the Thanatos Persona

HE'S SO COOL OH MY GOD

I heard Elizabeth uses Thanatos as a Persona in Arena, is this true?!?

Shame he isn't that cool in battles. Even Alice is better for me (Mudo Boost + Die For Me! + high magic = Awesome killing machine for everything that doesn't resist it)

EDIT: Beaten, damn, Scrafty!

PK Gaming

If only his ability lived up to his awesome appearance...

Seriously, the faster you fuse him into Messiah (the actual coolest Persona in the game) the better.

NEVER

I REFUSE TO USE MESSIAH

I've already spent hours fusing the ultimate Thanatos (gave him Mudo Boost, Light Resist and Spell Master) and Messiah looks like Orpheus who looks dumb

:9

I'm so glad he's in P4:A though, he's probably my favorite Persona in the series.

Come now, Brother. Messiah has a winged sword on his back plus has Spell Amp, which gives a 50% damage boost to all spells.

50%.

That's five tens.

And that's awesome.

Also, best Persona in the series is Helel. It's a boring choice, but he's my favourite.

PK Gaming

Come now, Brother. Messiah has a winged sword on his back plus has Spell Amp, which gives a 50% damage boost to all spells.

50%.

That's five tens.

And that's awesome.

Also, best Persona in the series is Helel. It's a boring choice, but he's my favourite.

...!

I guess I'll get Messiah in my next P3 playthrough.

Meia

Wow, talk about no impression. I got past that point and didn't even remember that. /shrug

Going to do the april backlog thing with p1, then both p2s probably to finally catch up. Just need to throw P1 on the easiest setting and take the pain of going through it, blargh.

cj_iwakura

As much as I love P2, most of the Persona designs are kind of wacky at best.

That said, Tatsuya's Apollo might win it for me. Philemon's Persona is some nightmarish stuff, too.

PK Gaming

Ooh

I forgot to mention that i've reached the last stretch of the game. I think it would be appropriate to say "shit just go real." Also, i'd like to point out that the new dorm theme is freaking amazing.

So fitting, yet so good ♪

cj_iwakura

Thanks to Eirikr for bringing this to my attention, here's a fantastic interview with Kazuma Kaneko circa-Strange Journey on his inspirations:

http://megatengaku.wordpress.com/interviews/touch-ds-creators-voice/

What I wanted to do with Shin Megami Tensei, was not to create a mediaeval fantasy world with swords, magic, armour and dragons like so many other RPGs back then. [I wanted to create something in which you] face off against a transcendent existence that is beyond human intellect but with the looks of zombies, armed with modern weapens, along the lines of military and zombie movies that I like. Moreover, because I had the idea that it would be interesting if zombies were to suddenly appear in our surroundings, I wanted to make a game in which you fight strange enemies that have appeared in a place nearby.

Therefore, for the first Shin Megami Tensei we used Kichijoji [4] as the game’s setting. The reason why we picked Kichijoji was because I lived there and at that time we were not allowed to use Kichijoji’s main station, which got me the idea that there might be a kind of suspicious [laughs] atmosphere coming from that place. The appearance of modern Tokyo as the game’s setting was born through expanding the idea of “maybe there is nothing”, but it would be interesting if we can depict something that would give one the willies in a familiar place. In Strange Journey as well we firmly continue the concept of delivering experiences which transcend that what can be imagined in the comfort zone of reality through dangers and fears to whatever is close to one’s heart.

The demons are iconic beings of species, derived from mythology and folklores and thus there are numerous rules I have to follow when [I'm] drawing them. The most important thing to keep in mind when designing the demons, which I’ve been doing since the first instalment, is to faithfully follow those rules. Moreover, I aim to comprehensibly emphasise the places which should be emphasised, arrange them in a modern fashion and present it in an original way.

Take, for example, the demon ‘Morax’, which appears for the first time in Strange Journey. This will become a bit of a maniac story, but this demon belongs to the group of demons called “The 72 Demons of King Solomon” [15]. Morax is responsible for the movement of heavenly bodies and, if it is summoned by a magician, it’s able to inform one about astronomy in great detail. For this demon there is the rule that it has the head of an bull and a human body.

1223514-morax.jpg

When I am wondering how to express this, I first think about the bull head, but because there already exist other demons with such head, it would be logical to first make a selection of bulls that didn’t look similar to the ones that already have appeared throughout the series. The head I chose for Morax was one from a bison. [16] Then, thinking about its in-depth knowledge of the movement of heavenly bodies, I wonder how to express such a thing. This time I tried to appeal to the deep psyche of the player by having [Morax] hold a cane, which has a celestial globe to move the sun and moon on top of it. This is the type of feeling I have when I’m designing the demons.

It’s extraordinarily difficult to answer the question what my favourite demon is among all those that appear in Strange Journey, but one that I used unusually often during the playtest of this game, is ‘Frost Ace’ [17]. It’ll take a little time to befriend this demon, or perhaps I should say having him grown strong to that extent, but Frost Ace will get convenient skills, making it amazingly helpful and affectionate.

PK Gaming

Um guys... is Messiah a trophy Persona?

You can only fuse him at lvl 90.

>_>

I fail to see how he's better than Thanatos on a regular playthrough!

Marche90

Um guys... is Messiah a trophy Persona?

You can only fuse him at lvl 90.

>_>

I fail to see how he's better than Thanatos on a regular playthrough!

Stats, pal. And probably a few skills that I'm missing. Still, I didn't remember that he was that high. If you can't hit that level, just save him for your next playthrough and just use another Persona. Seriously, don't try to keep Thanatos. It is just not worth it.

PK Gaming

Stats, pal. And probably a few skills that I'm missing. Still, I didn't remember that he was that high. If you can't hit that level, just save him for your next playthrough and just use another Persona. Seriously, don't try to keep Thanatos. It is just not worth it.

I can't deny what the heart wants!

and I honestly can't think of alternatives to be honest. I managed to max out each and every one of Thanatos' stats (except Endurance), and passed down Resist Light.

Alice is cool, but I like Thanatos's higher base level and access to Brave Blade.

Can you fuse Persona's past your level in NG+? I gave Messiah another look over, and he actually looks kind of cool, minus the silly looking tower.

Noi

Just beat Bioshock Infinite. That was certainly... a game. Can't say I quite agree with all the praise, but it was alright.

Now to go back to Sleepy Dogs....

Dantis

Just beat Bioshock Infinite. That was certainly... a game. Can't say I quite agree with all the praise, but it was alright.

Now to go back to Sleepy Dogs....

I thought that it was very good, but somewhat over-hyped.

Still amongst my favourite games of the year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom