• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

jqHzdTS.jpg

Sent this to Hashino, we have our P5.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
He could have new voice actor too, seeing as he'd be 13/14.

I am only okay with this image under the assumption that it takes place two years past Persona 4. I refuse to believe that Naoto grew her hair out to as long as mine in a year's time :|

P4 takes place, what like 2 years after p3 right? And Yukiko (if you use FemMC) has short hair and then in p4 she has much longer hair. So, yeah I'd believe it more if it was 2 years.

I pretty much have Chie's hair, except black. ;p

Sophia

but it has a male-robot, i thought you guys like that

o rly

Had no idea.

I still haven't read it, is it really that bad? ;p

JUNES. GENKI. GIRL. ROBOT.

And yes, the novel is pretty bad.

Sounds more like you shouldn't, based on the impressions we've had. Sophia will tell you.

Between the random Naoto fanservice (THANKS FLUX), the ripping off other fictional works, the robots being EVERYWHERE, the contradicting of Persona 3.... It's bad.

Marche90

I think it got one...? Good luck trying to find it, anyway. Still, try not to link it with P4. It is and should stay as non-canon.

Squire

Banned
Aigis is awesome. She's an annoying little shit who serves no purpose in the plot other than to be robot mascot for Junes.

You could argue people are tired of the robot thing not only because it's been done three times, but it's gotten progressively worse. And I say this as someone who doesn't really mind Labrys.

People tend to be receptive to tropes that work well and are done with consistency. There's a pretty clear arc (descending) in quality going from Aigis to Lab to the Junes-mobile.

Sophia

You could argue people are tired of the robot thing not only because it's been done three times, but it's gotten progressively worse. And I say this as someone who doesn't really mind Labrys.

People tend to be receptive to tropes that work well and are done with consistency. There's a pretty clear arc (descending) in quality going from Aigis to Lab to the Junes-mobile.

Not really for Aigis to Labrys. Labrys was hinted at before, and it's pretty clear they wanted to introduce her to the story by the time of FES.

Ai the "Junes" robot is just a shitty fanfiction character.

Dantis

That reminds me, that Naoto book got a manga didn't it? I should look into that.

You shouldn't, it's proper crap. Complete fan service to the max.

"Oh no! Rise convinced Naoto to be in a swimsuit photo-shoot!"

"Oh no, someone walked in on Naoto in the shower!"

That kind of thing. It is rather pathetic.

I don't mind long-haired Naoto though. Soejima designed her, so she still looks good.

Pretty much. The portrayal of the robots has gotten progressively sillier too.

cjkeats

Looks like it's only up to chapter 4, which is why it's not published in a volume yet.

Sounds more like you shouldn't, based on the impressions we've had. Sophia will tell you.

JUNES. GENKI. GIRL. ROBOT.

And yes, the novel is pretty bad.

Between the random Naoto fanservice (THANKS FLUX), the ripping off other fictional works, the robots being EVERYWHERE, the contradicting of Persona 3.... It's bad.

If it's "non-canon" I'm okay with it being contradicting and stuff. I like Naoto, I'd like to read her adventures if it's all in good fun.

But what's wrong with a robot mascot?

ibnoUqCtuihbF0.png

:p
That image is right up there with grumpy Labrys.

I don't mind long-haired Naoto though. Soejima designed her, so she still looks good.

Sound like anime. I like anime.
And long haired Naoto is really nice.

Pretty much. The portrayal of the robots has gotten progressively sillier too.

i thought those pictures were just pictures they put in the novel, not the manga

This does not sound too far removed from events that occur in P4.

Persona 5 will be only robots and a token human

It takes place at a school for robot girls, of which the main character is the only human in attendance. He also works as the manager of the school's bathhouse (the robot girls have to use the bathhouse because of science). Wacky hijinks ensue and P5 is praised as one of the most groundbreaking JRPGs ever, full of deep characters and symbolism.

Squire

Banned
Not really for Aigis to Labrys. Labrys was hinted at before, and it's pretty clear they wanted to introduce her to the story by the time of FES.

Ai the "Junes" robot is just a shitty fanfiction character.

Oh, really? I didn't realize that. They really should put FES on Vita so I can play it through and properly.

Should've gone for Yukiko :p

Sophia

Pretty sure the light-novel and the manga are the same thing, right?

Light novels are just manga-illustrated novels.

No, they're not the same thing. Light novels are basically just short novels/pulp fiction more or less. There's usually only three or four illustrations total.

Oh, really? I didn't realize that. They really should put FES on Vita so I can play it through and properly.

It's hinted at several times (Metis is based off Labrys's appearence) and Labrys is outright mentioned in the drama CDs.

Persona 5 will actually be the opposite of Persona 4, so it will mainly deal with betrayal, rejection, isolation and the ultimate message will be that sometimes the truth is better left unknown.

Also, everyone dies in the end.

Do they... drown in the hot springs when they reach rank 10 for their S. Links...?

Dantis

Just looked it up.

Still, the pictures that are floating around the Internet are Sogabe, who apparently isn't working on the manga, so they must be from the light novel, so my point still stands.

This does not sound too far removed from events that occur in P4.

It takes place at a school for robot girls, of which the main character is the only human in attendance. He also works as the manager of the school's bathhouse (the robot girls have to use the bathhouse because of science). Wacky hijinks ensue and P5 is praised as one of the most groundbreaking JRPGs ever, full of deep characters and symbolism.

do we get a robot dog team mate?

FluxWaveZ

Do they... drown in the hot springs when they reach rank 10 for their S. Links...?

The goal of Social Links in P5 is actually to make others hate you as much as possible.

So yeah, maybe they each commit suicide due to self-hatred as a result of reaching rank 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom