• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

xqgxp9Y.png

:(

oh that reminds me

please, please, please tell me aigis can use metatatron as a persona in Persona 3:FES

that was amazing

the best thing i've seen all day really XD

EDIT: I DEMAND TO SEE MORE COMICS

Meia

Still don't get the Labrys hate. Is it just because she was in a fighting game or something? Her appearance was not much worse than the Answer's "AND SUDDENLY METIS!" Yes, I played through it, so yes I get it, but still.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility for others to have existed. Aigis with her links deals with not being human, and the worst she has to complain about are her hands and having to wear gloves. Labrys's take could be more interesting if we got it, simply because of how much more robotic she is. What's wrong with that?

A more robotic appearance without the emotional baggage of Aigis when she activated could be interesting. /shrug

*no, this has nothing to do with the atrocious naoto book or novel or whateverthehell that crap was.

Why have I never seen that comic before, that is awe inspiring. :O

Still don't get the Labrys hate. Is it just because she was in a fighting game or something? Her appearance was not much worse than the Answer's "AND SUDDENLY METIS!" Yes, I played through it, so yes I get it, but still.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility for others to have existed. Aigis with her links deals with not being human, and the worst she has to complain about are her hands and having to wear gloves. Labrys's take could be more interesting if we got it, simply because of how much more robotic she is. What's wrong with that?

A more robotic appearance without the emotional baggage of Aigis when she activated could be interesting. /shrug

*no, this has nothing to do with the atrocious naoto book or novel or whateverthehell that crap was.

I actually think she a slightly more interesting character than Aigis to be honest.

Sophia

I actually think she a slightly more interesting character than Aigis to be honest.

I find both equally characters interesting. The whole concept of being different from everyone else, and how you deal with that fact for the rest of your life, is one I can resonate with easily.

Meia

I find both equally characters interesting. The whole concept of being different from everyone else, and how you deal with that fact for the rest of your life, is one I can resonate with easily.

Yeah, Aigis's past was very interesting along with just coming to grips with wanting to be more human, and while Labrys didn't have that past, hers was more messed up in some ways, and just the way she looks, it would be an adventure just for her to walk around in public. Both characters rock.

And while I like the cast of 3, I think Labrys kind of works better with 4's cast. At least, better than Marie did... >>

And this is making me want to play VLR. I already have persona 1/2:IS/2:EP for my april backlog though... :(

FluxWaveZ

I kind of hope they don't do this again in Persona 5. Between Aigis, Teddie, Labrys and, to an extent, Marie, I think we've seen enough of that trope.

Yeah, Aigis's past was very interesting along with just coming to grips with wanting to be more human, and while Labrys didn't have that past, hers was more messed up in some ways, and just the way she looks, it would be an adventure just for her to walk around in public. Both characters rock.

And while I like the cast of 3, I think Labrys kind of works better with 4's cast. At least, better than Marie did... >>

And this is making me want to play VLR. I already have persona 1/2:IS/2:EP for my april backlog though... :(

Play 999 and VLR

Do it.

Meia

Play 999 and VLR

Do it.

Think it's more important to get the monkey off my back that are the early Persona games at this point. Especially since I already own them, including the original PSX release of EP and have never touched it. Have already had enough of 2:IS spoiled...

I'll do those in May if they're good, know nothing about them.

cjkeats

Think it's more important to get the monkey off my back that are the early Persona games at this point. Especially since I already own them, including the original PSX release of EP and have never touched it. Have already had enough of 2:IS spoiled...

I'll do those in May if they're good, know nothing about them.

It would be much worse to have 999/VLR spoiled.

Sophia

I kind of hope they don't do this again in Persona 5. Between Aigis, Teddie, Labrys and, to an extent, Marie, I think we've seen enough of that trope.

Pretty sure we'll see it again, just probably not as Robots. They can repeat the same concept with virtually hundreds of different themes after all.

Marie sucked.

Squire

Banned
So wait, VLR is a free game for Europe PS+ in April, but not US PS+? What the hell? :

Different regions = different deals.

Also, I like Labrys, for the record. Her accent is cute and she has a sense of humor; she's likable. Sometimes that's enough to satisfy.

Marie has no redeeming qualities aside from her funky character design and that's a point to Soejima more than to Marie herself.

cj_iwakura

Pretty sure we'll see it again, just probably not as Robots. They can repeat the same concept with virtually hundreds of different themes after all.

Marie sucked.

I would have rather she'd been (P4G spoilers)
the gas station attendant, a likable character.
I mean if you're going to make Izanami a social link, do it right.

Sophia

I would have rather she'd been (P4G spoilers)
the gas station attendant, a likable character.
I mean if you're going to make Izanami a social link, do it right.

Yeah seriously, it should have been another side to the main antagonist. Not a boring pointless social link that only has semi-plot justification 70 hours later.

Marche90

Haven't read the original novels. Should I read them? I'm interested in the original story, but the sfc version js taking forever to get translated :(

Have you seen the OVA, I had the (dis)pleasure of watching that along with Tokyo Revelation

I haven't, but my understanding is that the OVA is not too far removed from the book.

Haven't read the original novels. Should I read them? I'm interested in the original story, but the sfc version js taking forever to get translated :(

The novels and the game based on the novel have almost no connection with each other. Like, the game has two characters whose default names are Nakajima and Yumiko, and Loki is a boss. It mentions that Nakajima created the devil summoning program and accidentally set all those demons loose, and that's pretty much it in terms of connections.

I haven't, but my understanding is that the OVA is not too far removed from the book.

The novels and the game based on the novel have almost no connection with each other. Like, the game has two characters whose default names are Nakajima and Yumiko, and Loki is a boss. It mentions that Nakajima created the devil summoning program and accidentally set all those demons loose, and that's pretty much it in terms of connections.

Yep its basically the first book, teacher virtual demon rape and all

cjkeats

So I was going over the art that was included within P4G and apparently there are book/mangas set in the P4 universe?

Are they any good?

There's a manga adaptation of P4, it's okay, but it's the same story you just played. Yosuke got his on manga I believe. There's the Naoto book that we were just discussing(or basically shitting on) that takes place a year later.

Not sure if anything else is official or just doujinshi.

Anyone else really looking forward to Fire Emblem X SMT?

♪
After FE Awakening, I'm very excited. I hope it plays more like that than Devil Survivor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom