• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

An action game starring Akihiko and Aigis with an Atlus, Platinum Games and CyberConnect2 collaboration would be awesome.

Two new Persona 4 games were announced two months before the first episode of P4: The Animation aired. I really wonder about the likelihood of a Persona announcement, specifically involving Persona 3, alongside the film this summer.

FluxWaveZ

I think... FES Vita is gonna happen. Seriously. With all the FeMC stuff added in.

I really can't see that happening, but maybe it's because I don't want it to happen more than if I think it's feasible.

Still, if there was to be a P3 game announcement that's the most logical/straightforward thing that it could be.

Sophia

This is especially egregious when it's a game that touts itself to be the canon sequel of Persona 4. What, is there some final game in the P4 trilogy that we should be waiting for that will explain everything?

Ugh.

I think this is my biggest issue with Arena's plot more than anything. It doesn't have anything to do with Persona 4 at all. It's a side-story to Persona 3, and the Persona 4 characters are the supporting cast.

TPS starring Aigis on consoles.

Make it happen, Atlus.

Give it to Platinum games, lols. :p

I wouldn't mind a game around Aigis (P3 Aigis, not minigun, rocket and bazooka Aigis from Arena), but Labrys would be a no-go. I think she'd need a serious redesign to be an appealing protagonist.

The great thing about Labrys's illusion effect combined with her being an older model is that they can change her appearance to whatever they want and justify it.

FluxWaveZ

no pls, move on, make new things pls.................................persona 2 eternal punishment hd pls?

My desire for new things is why I don't want yet another Persona 3 remake. I've experienced the game already (almost twice, really), I really don't need to experience it another time.

cjkeats

I would really like to see a remake of P2, bundling both games together with speedier mechanics, casual mode, new graphics, and what not.
Too soon for anything like that though.

I just beat P4G...

By far the best RPG I have ever played. 81 hours total, and it ended way too quick. It's weird, but I feel lonely, both because it feels like I've lost some friends but also because I haven't seen my good (real life) friends in half a year.

I have like 5 more episodes of the P4 Animation and then it'll all be over...

I feel so sad even though this is one of the happiest and optimistic games I've ever played.

Meia

I just beat P4G...

By far the best RPG I have ever played. 81 hours total, and it ended way too quick. It's weird, but I feel lonely, both because it feels like I've lost some friends but also because I haven't seen my good (real life) friends in half a year.

I have like 5 more episodes of the P4 Animation and then it'll all be over...

I feel so sad even though this is one of the happiest and optimistic games I've ever played.

Welcome to the fold. :)

And yes, day one for P3V. FeMC deserves better than she got.

An action game starring Akihiko and Aigis with an Atlus, Platinum Games and CyberConnect2 collaboration would be awesome.

Two new Persona 4 games were announced two months before the first episode of P4: The Animation aired. I really wonder about the likelihood of a Persona announcement, specifically involving Persona 3, alongside the film this summer.

Ever since Akihiko's P4A story mode (at least the introduction of it), I've wanted Platinum to make an action game starring him traveling around the world and punching things.

It would be the best.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Now imagine how amazing a God Hand with Yukiko or Maya would be.

cjkeats

Vanquish with Aigis
Bayonetta with Elizabeth.
God Hand with Akihiko.
MGR with Yu.
Viewtiful Joe with the Phoenix Ranger Featherman.
Okami with Koromaru

If there were PC versions I'm sure these could exist through mods.

PK Gaming

I just beat Persona 3

What a fantastic game... I think I honestly like this game about as much as Persona 4! The characters, the story (once it starts to pick up) and the overall experience was so good. P3 has a lot of good characters, but I think Aigis might be my favorite, her love for the MC was really touching (I made sure to max out her Slink lol).

I think i'll download Persona 3 FES on the PS3 and playthrough it again :D

I think I might love the Persona series.

PS: Memento Mori~

PK Gaming

oh no :(

the ending of Persona 3 is perfect standalone

The
protagonist dies after 1 month, right?
. It's so sad but perfect...!

Does that get retconned in FES :(

Soma

Does that get retconned in FES :(

Nah, however The Answer (included in FES) is an epilogue to the ending.

Might be worth doing if you're that interested but no social links and no compendium killed my interest. I just youtube'd the important parts.

PK Gaming

Nah, however The Answer (included in FES) is an epilogue to the ending.

Might be worth doing if you're that interested but no social links and no compendium killed my interest. I just youtube'd the important parts.

suhweet

i'm 100% interested in doing it lol, I just need to buy person 3 FES on PSN...

The true final boss battle is one of the greatest things in gaming, no joke.

cj_iwakura

suhweet

It's a great challenge, especially if you found P3 easy(which it pretty much is).

The story's quite engrossing, too.

Squire

Banned
Vanquish with Aigis
Bayonetta with Elizabeth.
God Hand with Akihiko.
MGR with Yu.
Viewtiful Joe with the Phoenix Ranger Featherman.
Okami with Koromaru

If there were PC versions I'm sure these could exist through mods.

^All of this is perfect.

suhweet

i bought it a couple days ago on psn and i like it a lot so far, about 6 hours in.

it has this sort of dramatic feeling that's rare (imo) to find in games.

also some p3 things i picked up in the last couple days

girlfriend got me this as a super belated valentine's day gift
a66c9ea485_zps30fc08af.jpg

changed the art on my arcade stick

also picked up p3FES on psn (as mentioned earlier)

PK Gaming

lucky guy ♪

I really want to get Persona 4: Arena ASAP. The thought of the Persona 3 characters interacting with the Persona 4 characters fills me with delight. Are Junpei, Yukari, Fuuka and the other non-fighters mentioned in the story?

lucky guy ♪

I really want to get Persona 4: Arena ASAP. The thought of the Persona 3 characters interacting with the Persona 4 characters fills me with delight. Are Junpei, Yukari, Fuuka and the other non-fighters mentioned in the story?

i just unlocked up the p3 characters in story mode but no mention so far of junpei, yukari, or fuuka so far.

i did find akihiko's story pretty funny. the dude is too serious that it creates some really awkward dialogue.

lucky guy ♪

Fuuka is in some of the story modes, and you can unlock her as a commentator

Trigger

lucky guy ♪

Only Fuuka.

Junpei and Yukari will be in the DLC.
BELIEVE

PK Gaming

I wasn't very fond of Ken, but his skillset was awesome and his pole-dancing-fighting style was hilarious.

-Hits an enemy with the most time consuming yet hilarious attack

-doesn't kill them

"AW CRAP"

Sophia

Neither. You'll take Ken DLC and you'll like it.

Well, he would make an interesting addition to the roster. There are no spear-holders off the top of my head in P4A, and we'd get to see him more grown up. However you'd have to revert his Persona back to Nemesis as Kala-Nemi's design would be awkward.

Squire

Banned
Well, he would make an interesting addition to the roster. There are no spear-holders off the top of my head in P4A, and we'd get to see him more grown up. However you'd have to revert his Persona back to Nemesis as Kala-Nemi's design would be awkward.

P4A would be Ken's ultimate chance for redemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom