• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so my co-worker got me a beary cool gift
0401131817emkeq.jpg

Marche90

^Very cool, man. Do want.... Although Raihou is higher in my wishlist *3*

Anyone else really looking forward to Fire Emblem X SMT?

♪

Obviously. Also, I'm a sucker for Nintendo products so that helps to get me hyped.

Makes me sad to see them in that situation of people not wanting to buy their products, tbh. I try not to make too much noise about it, though. First and last time I'll make a comment so direct about this.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I loathe Nintendo as of late, but Atlus know how to win me back. I bought a 3DS for SH and SMTIV, and if SMTxFE turns out well, I'll be sold on the Wii U too.

I'm pretty much the same way, though I don't even think that SMT x FE will be enough to convince me to get a Wii U. Hell, I'm more than likely only going PS4, unless Microsoft can come up with some new big IPs. Forza be dammed.

FluxWaveZ

I feel like something exciting is going to happen soon...

First time I had a strong feeling of impending Persona news on a certain day, it ended up being the Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena announcements.

Second time it ended up being a pre-order bonus for P4A in Europe and, a day later, Persona 3 The Movie #1 news.

If I do have a Persona news sensor, it's not indicating anything for the moment, but some news regarding anything sure would be cool.

Unless you're talking about the release of Super Black Bass 3D or something.

Should I be installing innocent sin? Is there any point to that for the digital version?

Also, holy crap the original op is gloomy as hell. Who died.

Should I be installing innocent sin? Is there any point to that for the digital version?

Also, holy crap the original op is gloomy as hell. Who died.

well if you listen to the title screen music, its also gloomy. BTW, the first dungeon kind of sucks, just lettin you know that lol

No idea about your question btw, I just left in uninstalled

Thanks for the heads up.

Now for naming..Tatsuya Suou

Nickname...Ta-chan? Oh hell no, Im changing that.

Who calls Tatsuya by his nickname? I dont want to put something stupid in there.

Whatever, gonna call him Tats. He looks like a Tats.

Is this Hanya guy from Persona 1? I dont remember him.

FluxWaveZ

Hanya is a prominent figure from Persona 1, yes. Hard to think how you could not remember St. Hermlin's principal if you played it. Guess he takes a more active role in P2, though.

And no, installing digital versions of games does not affect the performance.

Hanya is a prominent figure from Persona 1, yes. Hard to think how you could not remember St. Hermlin's principal if you played it. Guess he takes a more active role in P2, though.

And no, installing digital versions of games does not affect the performance.
I played about eight hours of the first game, so I guess I just never met him. Or if I did he didnt leave a lasting impression. Just recognized the high school name.

I played about eight hours of the first game, so I guess I just never met him. Or if I did he didnt leave a lasting impression. Just recognized the high school name.

He is only a minor character in the first one, but played a bigger role in the Snow Queen Quest. BTW if you ever have any questions on the game, I will try to answer em.

First time I had a strong feeling of impending Persona news on a certain day, it ended up being the Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena announcements.

Second time it ended up being a pre-order bonus for P4A in Europe and, a day later, Persona 3 The Movie #1 news.

If I do have a Persona news sensor, it's not indicating anything for the moment, but some news regarding anything sure would be cool.

Unless you're talking about the release of Super Black Bass 3D or something.

Hmmm I should get my sensor recalibrated.

Sophia

Does that Naoto light novel become better if you visualise her motorcycle partner as Adam Jensen

No. If anything that makes it worse. :|

Sorry Atlus, I ain't payin' $50 for no SMTIV. Your "premium" experience can wait.

Even if it's the greatest thing alive with universal perfect scores across the board and has everything you could ever want? :p

Dantis

No. If anything that makes it worse. :|

Even if it's the greatest thing alive with universal perfect scores across the board and has everything you could ever want? :p

No 3D battles, so it's already failed.

$50 for such a low-budget title seems really bizarre to me.

Squire

Banned
I'm sure SMT4 is well worth fusty bucks. But hey, consumer choice.

Anyway, it's our turn next, guys. I can feel it. #believe

Oh, and I finished BioShock: Infinite tonight. I loved it. It got better the more I played it and the ending blew my mind. It all comes together so well.

Sophia

Probably the price to pay for having such an early release.

Also I hope you don't regret that "low-budget" remark, Dantis. For all we know the bosses could very well be these insanely detailed and smooth full screen animations. :p

Dantis

Oh, and I finished BioShock: Infinite tonight. I loved it. It got better the more I played it and the ending blew my mind. It all comes together so well.

When I finished it, I thought it was good, but not great. When I went back through my head and thought about all the little things they put in there, it made me appreciate it more though. There are still some aspects that I didn't like, particularly the actual ending scene, but I think it's great overall.

Probably the price to pay for having such an early release.

Also I hope you don't regret that "low-budget" remark, Dantis. For all we know the bosses could very well be these insanely detailed and smooth full screen animations. :p

But let's be honest, it's not going to happen. :p

Heck, the UK probably won't even get a release for at least a year, and even that's optmistic.

Taruranto

Thanks for the heads up.

Now for naming..Tatsuya Suou

Nickname...Ta-chan? Oh hell no, Im changing that.

Who calls Tatsuya by his nickname? I dont want to put something stupid in there.

Whatever, gonna call him Tats. He looks like a Tats.

Is this Hanya guy from Persona 1? I dont remember him.

Gemini's patch used Tatsu. I'm pretty sure the nickname doesn't appear anywhere but in the battle screen.

cj_iwakura

You don't find it weird, though?

The only thing I can think of is that Atlus is charging a higher price to ensure that it at least breaks even?

Not really. It's a massive game with full voice that's an original project from the ground up getting localized in 3 months.

It's worth it.

Meia

Yeah, maybe the incredibly shortened localization time upped the price according to them?

Not sure I'd agree, but if the game goes down in price anyway 6 months after it's release, it's almost like how it'd be normally I guess? I dunno, it's just a weird decision...

Trigger

It was a bit weird playing Infinite because I still associate Troy Baker with Kanji, lol.

Meia

And now my mind is blown. Had no idea Troy Baker was getting as prominent seemingly as Nolan North. He's also the main character in Last of Us later this year? @_@

Tamanon

Banned
And now my mind is blown. Had no idea Troy Baker was getting as prominent seemingly as Nolan North. He's also the main character in Last of Us later this year? @_@

Yeah, Troy's been on the upswing for a couple years now. He's got a good voice and can change it up enough to do many games.

Marche90

$50 for SMTIV? I haven't read the topic about it, but maybeI should. Anyway, I was expecting an announcement during this month, but not so soon, so that's a pretty nice surprise. My wallet will cry, though.

cjkeats

There better be a full soundtrack this time and not this 5-track demo shit they've been puling recently.

NIS is putting you to shame Atlus with their pack in OSTs.

Dantis

There better be a full soundtrack this time and not this 5-track demo shit they've been puling recently.

NIS is putting you to shame Atlus with their pack in OSTs.

Arrange soundtrack is already confirmed for Japan.

One day I want to see fanart of everything Troy Baker has been in combined.

I might actually draw this. I'd just put in (in my opinion) his best roles. Which would be 'required'?

I'm thinking Kanji, Vincent, Booker, Snow, Joel, Hayabusa... Who else?

Arrange soundtrack is already confirmed for Japan.

I might actually draw this. I'd just put in (in my opinion) his best roles. Which would be 'required'?

I'm thinking Kanji, Vincent, Booker, Snow, Joel, Hayabusa... Who else?

The Boss in Saints Row The Third, Valvatorez in Disgaea 4, Eikichi in Persona 2 Innocent Sin, plenty more out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom