• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

SmZkYxD.jpg

What a cute figurine

If I had money to spare, i'd definitely buy it (and P4 memorabilia)

---

By the way, what do you guys think of smile? I think it's the best song in the game, and arguably the best damn song in the series too. When I think of ways that Persona 4 made my life better, I think of this thing. I think it represents the game as whole... it really tries to make the player happy.

I could listen to it all day... going forward, it'll be a great help when i'm feeling sad or depressed.

Gosh I just love this game so much. And not figuratively... this is an honest to god intense feeling of deep affection. Towards a game

:D

Jintor

The Live Band version of "Reach Out To the Truth" is so fucking triumphant. I can't believe it was't used in-game. Perfect concert ender though

No link to the superior version of SMILE? For shame.
j/k

I think "I'll Face Myself" battle variant is my favorite P4 song.

That's my second-favourite after The Almighty, which I love due to its majesty and grace. The shreddin' guitar (which is swingin' sax in the concert version) is awesome as well.

No link to the superior version of SMILE? For shame.
j/k

i like it. brings back the feelings i had when i beat p4...

made this my ringtone so i feel awesome during the rare times that someone does actually call me LOL

too many people text nowadays, what happened to actually speaking to someone?

PK Gaming

The Live Band version of "Reach Out To the Truth" is so fucking triumphant. I can't believe it was't used in-game. Perfect concert ender though

I'm so glad it was included in P4G. Mass Destruction and the other songs too... so good :]

I started watching a P3 FES playthrough online. I don't think I can wait anymore, I gotta find out what happens to Aigis and the others.

(That SMILE remix is beautiful ♥)

cjkeats

My iTunes top 25 tells me True Story is my favorite, but I've had Way of Life set as my alarm in the morning for over a year now.

I really loved the girl they got for P3P. I hope she's back for the next concert.

So what did you guys think of the first episode of the devil survivor 2 animation? Personally I felt it was way too fast paced and rushed, and had no tension.

Soma

PS: Why does Metis's Persona look so lame :?
Huh, I thought the design looked awesome.

tBLUOrO.jpg

Though I remember it not being that good skill-wise from what I played of The Answer.

So what did you guys think of the first episode of the devil survivor 2 animation? Personally I felt it was way too fast paced and rushed, and had no tension.
I like how he gets a Byakko in the very first episode lol

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

A little yeah, but day 1 was pretty fast. It's probably only going to be 13 episodes. I can't see it lasting any longer than that.

I like how he gets a Byakko in the very first episode lol

I said to myself "Damn I wish I got Byakko THAT early in the game".

Also
I liked how Pixie was the one who saved Daichi after he jumped out of the truck. (Though he was supposed to drive it off the bridge on top of Dubhe, not straight into it, but whatever.

Trigger

I haven't seen it yet. It'll be weird since I already have my own mental image of how the characters act and talk.

PK Gaming

A little yeah, but day 1 was pretty fast. It's probably only going to be 13 episodes. I can't see it lasting any longer than that.

I said to myself "Damn I wish I got Byakko THAT early in the game".

Also
I liked how Pixie was the one who saved Daichi after he jumped out of the truck. (Though he was supposed to drive it off the bridge on top of Dubhe, not straight into it, but whatever.

I think they're closely following the manga, because the exact same thing happened there too.

EDIT: Joe got snubbed :(

Marche90

Yup. As I said in the DS2 thread, if you read the manga then you knew how this episode would unfold. Anyway, for what's worth, it was a decent first episode.

Taruranto

There is no way anything good can come out of that anime, videogames--->anime stories usually don't translated well, and DeSu 2 story is even more awful than usual.

Dantis

By the way, what do you guys think of smile? I think it's the best song in the game, and arguably the best damn song in the series too. When I think of ways that Persona 4 made my life better, I think of this thing. I think it represents the game as whole... it really tries to make the player happy.

Great track. No way near my favourite in the game though.

Man, this is amazing. Just the first post...

It's genius.

It's a really great track, but not very Persona. It wouldn't mesh well with Meguro's stuff (Because it's not a Meguro track).

Although if they'd played that in the terrible band scene, that would have actually been a lot better.

cj_iwakura

Really enjoyed it. Great animation, always good to see Pixie!

They did a great job of setting up JPs, and making the Septentrion threatening.

Sophia

Going in with no expectations and having not played DeSu 2, I was rather impressed. Much better animation than the P4 animation, and no silly humor.

That ending song is AWESOME too.

cj_iwakura

Going in with no expectations and having not played DeSu 2, I was rather impressed. Much better animation than the P4 animation, and no silly humor.

That ending song is AWESOME too.

Oh, there will be humor, the protagonist in DS2 is comedy gold. Unlike P4's, he was set up that way. I felt like P4A was paying homage to him by making Narukami so hilarious.

Sophia

Oh, there will be humor, the protagonist in DS2 is comedy gold. Unlike P4's, he was set up that way. I felt like P4A was paying homage to him by making Narukami so hilarious.

By "silly humor" I mean Seiji Kishi's style of humor. Which, while I don't mind when it's intentional, felt out of place in P4A sometimes. (Shadow Kanji....)

Meia

I love the P4's soundtrack, but almost everything on the Reincarnation one is so much better. And yes, I'm a massive fan of "and suddenly, violins!" :)

Though right now I've been going around to Fog. Didn't realize they used one small part of that song when a character lands an instant kill on P4A. Such a great song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom