• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

Also want to do one of the P4 crew in actual factual P3 outfits.

Like this? (but opposite)

HqqKY5D.jpg

Trigger

Moving a thread would probably require the consent of the mods. If they don't want to move it then another avenue for promoting the podcast will be necessary.

Levito

Banned
Of course the mods would have to do it, just wondering if they'd go for it.

slinkfm.com is a thing that'll exist once my domain updates in the next few hours. :D

Dantis

I liked the Infinite Troy Baker idea better

I like this more. :p

Persona, dude!

Oh god, I can see it already.

I had a great idea for an Aigis picture earlier too. Will probably do that one before the others because single character pictures are much easier than multiple characters.

Like this? (but opposite)

Yup. Buddha pointed out that someone has likely already done something similar, so I'm going to mix up who is wearing what.

Marche90

Yup. Definitely waiting the results. Loved the P3 in P4 clothing picture, and totally laughed at Akihiko. Welp, could be worse: you could be Ken, hahaha

The only Persona figurine I have is of Disco Ninja Frog, but I'm considering taking the plunge and buying all three Izanagi Bros.

I wish they had made figures of Messiah and Trismegistus; those guys are amazing.

Meia

Yosuke/Labrys is a guilty pleasure, and I don't mind admitting this. :)

And damn that pyramid head would give me nightmares. @_@

Meia

They do, but even she admits they look off and she really needs to get gloves to cover them. Surprised she doesn't, it's not like she has to worry about sweat or something.

Heck, it's why she's wearing the winter outfit the whole time, to cover up better. Even then, no gloves. Two toned fingers should give away something, no?

Sophia

I always thought she just passed them off as gloves. Gekkoukan seems unusually light on uniform restrictions seeing as Fuuka gets away with a full turtleneck under hers.

Jintor

That reminds me, Labyrs's disguise was a function of the TV world, right? Or did she have some inbuilt extra magical doodad that let her make illusions or something? I don't recall the specifics.

Meia

Which is another point I never got, the whole "dress code" thing that is or isn't in effect, for either of the games. Is it traditional in Japan to be able to personalize your uniform however you want? Yukari's pink jacket, Chie's green one, Yukiko's red sweater, Kanji wearing his jacket like a cape with a skull t-shirt, etc.

Or is the classic "We have the main characters, the ones you're supposed to pay attention to, have weird hair styles/colors so they stand out more so you know to pay attention to them" thing from anime?

I mean, whatever, it looks cool, just something I was wondering about. I know Aigis mentions about needing to buy gloves to cover her hands on one of her links.

And Labrys.....I have no idea. Got the impression that was a product of whoever also MCd the group or whatever to have them hear what they didn't want to hear. Perfect way to throw her over the edge when she confronted her shadow, but don't think it was 100% clear. She's....in for a rough time if she doesn't have that ability, which is something I found fascinating about her character.

cjkeats

That reminds me, Labyrs's disguise was a function of the TV world, right? Or did she have some inbuilt extra magical doodad that let her make illusions or something? I don't recall the specifics.

It was a thing

Which is another point I never got, the whole "dress code" thing that is or isn't in effect, for either of the games. Is it traditional in Japan to be able to personalize your uniform however you want? Yukari's pink jacket, Chie's green one, Yukiko's red sweater, Kanji wearing his jacket like a cape with a skull t-shirt, etc.

Or is the classic "We have the main characters, the ones you're supposed to pay attention to, have weird hair styles/colors so they stand out more so you know to pay attention to them" thing from anime?

I mean, whatever, it looks cool, just something I was wondering about. I know Aigis mentions about needing to buy gloves to cover her hands on one of her links.

That.

They could stand to be a bit more subtle with it, especially in P4 where the you'll see a sea of students in black jackets or white shirts then BAM Yukiko's bright red sweater and Chie's bright green jacket.

Jintor

Uniform specification is something I'm alright with. Everybody's uniform being, well, uniform just makes for boring visual design.

Sophia

It was a thing in the TV world.

No it's not. Fuuka and Mitsuru discuss it at the end of the latter's story mode. It's a device built into Labrys to prevent a conflict of personalities should Labrys meet the girl she was based off of before her personality was developed. It just also served a secondary purpose of being able to change disguises.

Scene in question. P4A ending spoilers, of course.

According to the Persona 3 Drama CD: Moonlight, It's mentioned that Aigis also has similar functions built into her, although without the disguise part.

Meia

So the act of meeting her shadow/the cast of P4 developed her personality enough that it stopped working at that moment, and can't be activated again? Why would there be a kill-switch on something useful for like.

"We want them to look human so they develop personas, but that also means becoming more human mentally. So we like the idea of torturing them with how they look never being able to fit in so GRATS!"

Aigis has the benefit of being able to at least walk around. I'm HOPING Labrys axe isn't something that's permanently attached to her, cause she'd have a hard enough time going around without it.

And yes, not going to lie, these kinds of questions make me want to see more of both of them moving forward, in some way at least. Doesn't have to be persona 5, but throw me a bone here. :p

Sophia

Actually, if anything,
Labrys' ego was most likely developed by the time she tried to escape from the lab on Yakushima Island. There's no evidence to suggest she can't use it for disguises as she pleases.

And they take off the axe several times in story mode, Meia.

Jintor

Shadow Suppression Weapons don't make any fucking sense

god

damnit

This doesn't stop me thinking Aigis is still a good, well-developed character, but still...

Meia

Been awhile since I played it. Good. :)

I guess they just built that into Labrys's model because of how non-human they look, in comparison to Aigis's one. Makes sense.

And no, dogs with personas doesn't make sense. :p

Sophia

Dogs with Personas actually makes loose sense. Koromaru had exactly the right mentality for a dog when that shadow showed up. He was protecting his master's home, in a fight or flight moment.

It's almost guaranteed he wouldn't have summoned a Person again without the help of the Evoker, but considering the behavior of dogs and the kind of breed Koromaru is, it's logical he could summon it at least once.

Jintor

The main thing I find annoying about P3's story (besides the pacing, and the various antagonists) is that it doesn't feel in any way streamlined. My personal interpretation of storytelling is that it should be elegant and contain very little waste; everything should fold into everything else and reinforce other aspects of the story, world, characterisation and so on. P3 however feels like a lot of it was made from an "end-heavy" perspective ("You know what would be cool? A blank slate character we can use to easily show development to more directly reflect the transition of the main party from workmates to friends! you know what else would be cool? A dog with a Persona!") without regard to what the setup for these elements does to the rest of the story.

Trigger

The main thing I find annoying about P3's story (besides the pacing, and the various antagonists) is that it doesn't feel in any way streamlined. My personal interpretation of storytelling is that it should be elegant and contain very little waste; everything should fold into everything else and reinforce other aspects of the story, world, characterisation and so on. P3 however feels like a lot of it was made from an "end-heavy" perspective ("You know what would be cool? A blank slate character we can use to easily show development to more directly reflect the transition of the main party from workmates to friends! you know what else would be cool? A dog with a Persona!") without regard to what the setup for these elements does to the rest of the story.

Koromaru, despite being adorable, does feel awfully half-baked. He doesn't even get an ultimate persona!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom