• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venfayth

9Aw44EU.jpg

This is awesome :3

My Vita was basically a Persona machine for the longest time. The only game I played on launch was P3P which clocked somewhere around 300 hours. Then I played a bit of Gravity Rush with the occasional SotN speedrun. Then P4G came out :D There are a lot of games on it now though,for which I am thankful.

PK Gaming

lol

Funny story about that. I saw the comic a few months ago, and didn't get it. I immediately typed in Marin Karin into google / searchboxes of every forum I could think of to fully immerse myself. It's another reason why I regret not getting into Persona sooner!

In other news, I ordered Persona 4: Arena off ebay!

PK Gaming

YES.

NOW I HAVE SOMEONE IN THE AREA TO PLAY WITH.

I CAN SPAM MY WAY TO VICTORY.

WHY ISN'T JUNPEI IN THIS GAME.

I HOPE YOU CAN HANDLE THE UNMATCHED POWER OF THE FOOL ARCANA

I plan on maining both of the WILD CARD users (Team Aigis and Team Narukami)

AND I DON'T KNOW BRO (I heard he's not even mentioned in the story :<)

I HOPE YOU CAN HANDLE THE UNMATCHED POWER OF THE FOOL ARCANA

I plan on maining both of the WILD CARD users (Team Aigis and Team Narukami)

AND I DON'T KNOW BRO (I heard he's not even mentioned in the story :<)

HE SHOWS UP AS A SILHOUETTE ONCE IN MITSURU'S STORY.

WHY WASN'T HE IN THE GAME MORE.

ALSO I MAIN NAOTO, YOSUKE AND KANJI.

Joqu

Aww this Arena talk is really making me want to get it. But I'm a poor EUer and I'm not sure if I want to give Zen my money after the whole debacle. :/

Dantis

Aww this Arena talk is really making me want to get it. But I'm a poor EUer and I'm not sure if I want to give Zen my money after the whole debacle. :/

Personally, I'm just renting it. The whole release has been a complete farce.

I have no idea why anybody would want to support it at this point.

PK Gaming

Personally, I'm just renting it. The whole release has been a complete farce.

I have no idea why anybody would want to support it at this point.

funny story

I wanted to rent a slew of games (Tomb Raider, Injustice, etc) but my local rogers stopped renting out games. Apparently Rogers stores don't rent out movies or games anymore?

X_X

HE SHOWS UP AS A SILHOUETTE ONCE IN MITSURU'S STORY.

WHY WASN'T HE IN THE GAME MORE.

ALSO I MAIN NAOTO, YOSUKE AND KANJI.

Awesome mains. I think I should pick an extra character (Chie?) so we can have an even amount of mains.

Omikaru

Can sympathise with Dantis. Only reason I still have my pre-order open is because it's a cheap pre-order, and I'm not 100% on whether I want the game or not. Will decide a week or so before release.

Not happy at being treated like shit by all parties involved.

Joqu

I must say that this and the Devil Survivor Overclocked bugs have made me feel pretty bitter about Atlus as of late. Hopefully the agreement with NISA will change the situation here.

I shouldn't be kidding myself though, I'll probably still buy Persona 4 Arena anyway. >>

bigkrev

Quick question- I really liked P3 and P4, and really didn't like what I played of P1 and IS. Am I going to like either of the SMT games coming out on 3DS this year?

cjkeats

Quick question- I really liked P3 and P4, and really didn't like what I played of P1 and IS. Am I going to like either of the SMT games coming out on 3DS this year?

What didn't you like? I'm in the same boat, but what I didn't like was just the slow gameplay.

SMT IV should be better and not stuck in the 90's. I hope anyways.
I'm assuming the other is Soul Hackers. We will get next week. Looks like they sped it up, but it's very much still a 90's-ass grindy JRPG, because it's a port.

Sophia

P1 and IS don't really play like Soul Hackers/SMT IV, mercifully.

What didn't you like? I'm in the same boat, but what I didn't like was just the slow gameplay.

I'm assuming the other is Soul Hackers. We will get next week. Looks like they sped it up, but it's very much still a 90's-ass grindy JRPG, because it's a port.

Soul Hackers isn't all that grindy.

bigkrev

The 90s-ness of them was the turnoff. I don't have as much time to play games anymore, so stuff like grinding (which I never had to do in P3 or P4 to finish the game), obtuse battle mechanics (talking to monsters), and the first person exploration of P1 just scream out at me to put my time elsewhere.

Sophia

The 90s-ness of them was the turnoff. I don't have as much time to play games anymore, so stuff like grinding (which I never had to do in P3 or P4 to finish the game), obtuse battle mechanics (talking to monsters), and the first person exploration of P1 just scream out at me to put my time elsewhere.

As a general rule, DON'T use Persona 1 as a barometer for the other classic SMT games. Persona 1 is not that great of a game, where as Soul Hackers is arguably the best of the classic SMT games.

Soul Hackers isn't very grindy, and the first person exploration is much better. Strange Journey is the best comparison, if you ask me.

Yukari got Sick Status one day before the fight with Nyx.
;_______; this game hates me.

Sick status is automatically removed on story event days, including the final battle.

cjkeats

Have you tried Nocturne of Digital Devil Saga? Those would probably be better comparisons.

Also, first person dungeon crawling is the same as third person. You're still just running around a maze.

cjkeats

Maybe I will watch My Big Bro Can't Be This Fly so that I can make you dislike things you like because I like them, just because.

lol. Remember that thread? At one point I thought to myself "This must be what buddha feels like when people shit on the Persona games he likes".

They got their evokers ready and everything

And no CJ, if people hate on the older games, (Particularly the 2 duology) I just accept it and think its a shame they are missing out on the best story of the series, but its their call.

Dantis

And no CJ, if people hate on the older games, (Particularly the 2 duology) I just accept it and think its a shame they are missing out on the best story of the series, but its their call.

Yeah, and I never complain about Arena. Like, ever.

I just accept that people like it.

*WINK WINK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom