• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

tumblr_m9cbx6zepN1qgf1fy.gif

Im bored

iXYgtSaaTfsvv.gif

I should make a better version of this one (was used as a forum sig, explaining the low quality). I loved that moment from the initial trailer.

Chibi pictures are always cute.

Hate 'em. There needs to be more Persona fan art conveying despair and malice.

So I'm done with Persona 3 Portable, never thought I'd see the day... I wanna do FeMC but considering one playthrough took me over 6 months.. err... maybe?

Anyway, I have a few questions, can someone answer?
SPOILERS:
What happens to the MC in the end? Does he die? What happens to the rest of the group? Finally, what happens to Aegis?

cj_iwakura

So I'm done with Persona 3 Portable, never thought I'd see the day... I wanna do FeMC but considering one playthrough took me over 6 months.. err... maybe?

SPOILERS:
What happens to the MC in the end? Does he die? What happens to the rest of the group? Finally, what happens to Aegis?

The Answer, well, Answers both. But if you want to know:

He's not DEAD, but his soul is frozen in stasis, keeping the collected negativity of humanity away from Nyx. There may be a way to free him if humanity stops collectively wishing for The Fall, which seems unlikely... but if anyone can find it, it's Elizabeth.

Aigis spends a lot of time fighting shadows in Groundhog Day Iwatodai, then eventually moves in with Yukari and they live happily ever after. Until P4A anyway.

Marche90

SPOILERS:

1 and 2.- Yes,
or at least, his body is
3.- Not sure, since they don't mention it. The only ones we know are the ones that appear in P4A
4.- Same as above, but if you want to see something more... inmediate... you should play The Answer (or watch a Let's Play of it)

Hate 'em. There needs to be more Persona fan art conveying despair and malice.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Anyway, guys! Lovely artwork! Keep 'em coming!

Jintor

I love love loved the look of the anime scenes in P4A. The actual animation was... less appealing, but the actual look was amazing.

FluxWaveZ

I can kind of vouch for the darkness wanting. I don't want just pure death dying everywhere though.

I don't want that either (though I actually did want that for a S. Lab chapter in P4A).

It's just that I'm not into the cutesy fan art. I'm more into stuff like this:

tumblr_mh8uywCLwP1qh5kc2o1_1280.jpg

Now that's just awesome.

cj_iwakura

I don't want that either (though I actually did want that for a S. Lab chapter in P4A).

Now that's just awesome.

One of my favorite pictures from P2 is official:

tsumi-group-1.jpg

Conveys so much with so little.

cjkeats

Now that's just awesome.

I don't care for P2 much, but good god I love Lisa. That's some fantastic art.

Now that's just awesome.

I used to hate cutesy shit, I guess the internet changed me somewhat.
kumafull846050.jpg

but cj shes the worst character....
of a cast of awesome characters, so shes still good!

cjkeats

but cj shes the worst character....
of a cast of awesome characters, so shes still good!

The furthest I've gotten in the game was to a nightclub. So I never really got to know the characters much, but she was there right out the gate pretty much. I clung to her mostly because I like her design. Doi and Kaneko have such fantastic art for her.

Maya was pretty awesome too.

cj_iwakura

The furthest I've gotten in the game was to a nightclub. So I never really got to know the characters much, but she was there right out the gate pretty much. I clung to her mostly because I like her design. Doi and Kaneko have such fantastic art for her.

Maya was pretty awesome too.

Oh boy do you need to finish, I want to see how you feel about Lisa's arc.

cjkeats

Oh boy do you need to finish, I want to see how you feel about Lisa's arc.

One day I will. Just for buddah. I need to give up on his goal of playing P1. I just can't do it.

Maybe I'll get to P2 again after Soul Hackers, which your OT has me pretty excited for now. I wasn't going to get it initially, but then I found out about the party thing. I reordered it this afternoon.

One day I will. Just for buddah. I need to give up on his goal of playing P1. I just can't do it.

Maybe I'll get to P2 again after Soul Hackers, which your OT has me pretty excited for now. I wasn't going to get it initially, but then I found out about the party thing. I reordered it this afternoon.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't expect ANYONE to play P1 unless they already like it, lol.

cj_iwakura

It's the first time I've ever been told an OP was too long. Guess I did something right. :p
(I don't know how anything can top that MGS4 OP, good lord.)

cjkeats

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't expect ANYONE to play P1 unless they already like it, lol.

I really wanted to get the whole story, seeing as they link, but fuck that. I can't do it.

It's the first time I've ever been told an OP was too long. Guess I did something right. :p

It seems pretty long, but that's because the character pictures are so giant. They take up a lot of space. It's very detailed, you don't see many OT's with full history sections.

I really wanted to get the whole story, seeing as they link, but fuck that. I can't do it.

It seems pretty long, but that's because the character pictures are so giant. They take up a lot of space. It's very detailed, you don't see many OT's with full history sections.

Tell you what, I will fill you in when the time comes.

cj_iwakura

I'd recommend playing it in segments. I've gotten through games much, MUCH worse than P1 that way. Just don't give up, the payoff in P2 is worth it.
Finish a dungeon, finish a floor even, then take a break and go back to it a day later or something.

Yeah, I could've just done character portraits with text underneath, but I loved how the website had little screens for each character and the background art.

cjkeats

Tell you what, I will fill you in when the time comes.

I'm no sherlock, but I bet
Maki is really a crazy lady

I'd recommend playing it in segments. I've gotten through games much, MUCH worse than P1 that way. Just don't give up, the payoff in P2 is worth it.
Finish a dungeon, finish a floor even, then take a break and go back to it a day later or something.

Yeah, I could've just done character portraits with text underneath, but I loved how the website had little screens for each character and the background art.

That's a pretty good idea. Maybe I'll start it back up tonight and push forward a bit when I update my Vita. I left off somewhere in the company tower or whatever. Just after the police station.
I think the character pictures are great too. Maybe wrap a quote box around them?

Young Magus

OT was awesome man, historical background facts and whatnot. Good Work.
Deciding on eShop or Physical. Help!!!
MGS4 OT was godlike, one in a lifetime if I said so myself.

tumblr_mkm9zutUwo1ri2y61o1_1280.gif

dang it bobby I’ve been waiting for this

PFFFHAHAHAHAH!!!

Marche90

Now that's just awesome.

Oh, alright. Personally, I love both the awesome and the silly pictures, but I'm fine with that too.

cjkeats

Art time? Art time.
Remember the day SMT IV was announced, and everyone had a feeling news was happening? Atlus did announce a new arcade game, which in turn meant they got a certain licence I'm fond of from the clutches of Sega.
(Warning: don't look if you are allergic to moe.)
My dream crossover is one more step closer to happening than yours. muhahah.

No problem.

hnnnggg. (has anyone else had heart trouble in here before or was that the first hnnging?)

OT was awesome man, historical background facts and whatnot. Good Work.
Deciding on eShop or Physical. Help!!!
MGS4 OT was godlike, one in a lifetime if I said so myself.

Physical for soundtrak, digital for Club Nintendo points.

I love this one. It remembers the P1 guy!

cajunator

Banned
Art time? Art time.
Remember the day SMT IV was announced, and everyone had a feeling news was happening? Atlus did announce a new arcade game, which in turn meant they got a certain licence I'm fond of from the clutches of Sega.

hnnnggg. (has anyone else had heart trouble in here before or was that the first hnnging?)

Physical for soundtrak, digital for Club Nintendo points.

I love this one. It remembers the P1 guy!

I dontl ike Persona much, but I do like this development.

Esura

Banned
Art time? Art time.

Persona x K-ON! would be the most dopest stuff ever! Would make MVC3 hype look tame in comparison.

Too cute to comment on. Felt like I got diabetes from looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom