• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I swear, I got sleep for like eight hours and there's so many new pages.

Are you guys posting during the Dark Hour or something?

Also I liked Evokers, that beginning cutscene with Yukari in 3 was just too good when you have absolutely no clue what was happening. At least to me.

lol, I'm almost wondering the same thing. This thread is moving pretty fast.

Kazzy

Oh come on. Minato don't got the swag like Yu. And all the girls like Yu.

Yu is the baddest mofo low down around this town.

Kids, be careful!

9DWFm3g.jpg

kewlmyc

Oh come on. Minato don't got the swag like Yu. And all the girls like Yu.

Yu is the baddest mofo low down around this town.
Sigh, there's that word again. I blame the anime for this.

Also, comparing silent protagonists seems silly since the characters are who you make them to be. Yu and Minato can be anywhere from losers who go straight home after school to badasses who date all the girls and 100% all of their test.

Esura

Banned
Kids, be careful!

Persona+4.+Yu+Narukami_dbe840_3188975.jpg

Your image isn't showing Kazzy.

Also, comparing silent protagonists seems silly since the characters are who you make them to be. Yu and Minato can be anywhere from losers who go straight home after school to badasses who date all the girls and 100% all of their test.

They seem to have some defined traits though if we go by the small nuances in their choices and responses in their games. The anime version of Yu is pretty much how I figured him to be from my time with him in P4. I thought Yu had swag before the anime too. My "Yu" had all the school girls around his fingertips, but Chie was his main squeeze...except for certain days he felt like seeing some Yukiko or Ayane or something. I like at the end
all mah girls see me off. Just flipping beautiful!

Kazzy

Your image isn't showing Kazzy.

Avert your eyes, don't quote my mistakes!

But the anime interpretation was largely modelled around the answers you could give in the game, and his actual dialogue reflects this.

Even in official media, Minato is always positioned as something of a loner.

kewlmyc

They seem to have some defined traits though if we go by the small nuances in their choices and responses in their games. The anime version of Yu is pretty much how I figured him to be from my time with him in P4. I thought Yu had swag before the anime too. My "Yu" had all the girls, but Chie was his main squeeze...except for certain days he felt like seeing some Yukiko or Rise or something.
Most people in this thread and the Persona fandom in general just always seem to compare the anime Yu to Minato which seems unfair since Minato doesn't have an anime counterpart yet. I think that people should wait till the P3 movie trilogy comes out first to compare the two.

I can kinda understand your point though. Minato occasionally has more funny dickhead options (like laughing at Kenji, which I did) and while Yu seems to be more laid back.

Also, both have terrible posture. Look at Yu when he sits down. That's one of the stupider arguments people give.

It's good that P3 will be more than one movie. I couldn't imagine them trying to fit it all into a single movie. Hopefully the animation is higher quality too.

Esura

Banned
Avert your eyes, don't quote my mistakes!

You posted a picture of my MC, Esura Narukami.

Most people in this thread and the Persona fandom in general just always seem to compare the anime Yu to Minato which seems unfair since Minato doesn't have an anime counterpart yet. I think that people should wait till the P3 movie trilogy comes out first to compare the two.

I can kinda understand your point though. Minato occasionally has more funny dickhead options (like laughing at Kenji, which I did) and while Yu seems to be more laid back.

Also, both have terrible posture. Look at Yu when he sits down. That's one of the stupider arguments people give.

Minato had a lot of "...." responses too. I think Minato would be one of those characters that is slightly dickish and keeps to himself until he joins SEES and befriends everyone. I wonder would the movie reflect this.

No comment on their postures, hard to defend those. Then again, what teenager has good posture anyways? :p

Is Lisa's dad really Steven Seagal?

tumblr_m8vnn6KfZC1qd8hs9.png

Is Garcon Soejima really Soejima?
Is the Demon Painter really Kaneko?
Is Hitler really Hitler?
Is Tadashi-kun really Satomi Tadashi?
Is Zhuangzi really Zhuangzi, or is he really a dreaming butterfly?

suzu

Pretty much. My P3/P3P protagonists were dating everybody and being badass. lol.

I still like the P4 protagonist more, but that's mostly because of his character design.

Squire

Banned
Well I missed a lot.

Anyway, can we take a favorite character poll? That's be fun. Lets do makes and females!

FluxWaveZ

Seems like the P4A art book contains a bunch of stages that do not appear in the actual game. There's one that looks like the area for the boss fight of Yukiko's dungeon and one with a bunch of burly men statues and fountains that makes me think of Kanji's dungeon.

Udon announced their localizations for the P3 and P4 art books in November 2011, so it might be a while before we see one for P4A...

Anyway, can we take a favorite character poll? That's be fun. Lets do makes and females!

We already did that on page 5!

Dantis

Boosh. Two Persona pictures finished in one day. Pretty tragic really.

Not as good as my Chie one, because I was too lazy to add any shading, but I think it's still neat.

Well I missed a lot.

Honestly, I don't even know who I'd choose.

It would be a fierce, fierce battle for any other spot, but for number one, the answer is clear cut and simple. Maya Amano.

Trigger

Well Chie is studying to be a cop so she'll have guns and money soon enough. Heck, she'll be a cop who knows kung-fu. Who wouldn't like that? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom