• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubern

Checking that TVTropes link earlier and reading some articles, I read that Troy Baker only did the first part of the series' US dub and then dropped out, is that true? o_O

Why would you do that?

FluxWaveZ

Checking that TVTropes link earlier and reading some articles, I read that Troy Baker only did the first part of the series' US dub and then dropped out, is that true? o_O

Why would you do that?

That is true, and it is because he had recently gotten married and was going on a 3-week honeymoon to Italy.

Jintor

Meanwhile Aigis and Nanako are totally hanging out.

Did Dojima actually have any voiced lines in P4A? I don't recall any...

FluxWaveZ

Did Dojima actually have any voiced lines in P4A? I don't recall any...

No he didn't, which was a bit unfortunate. He only appears in a single scene, though, so it's understandable.

Related to voice acting, I wonder how they'll handle Igor in the future. They won't be able to fall back on pre-recorded lines forever and, since his Japanese VA passed away, it doesn't seem like replacing him is really an option.

FluxWaveZ

Is it just him kicking it with Yu and Nanako before everything goes to shit in Yu's storyline path?

Pretty much, yes.

2427421-persona.4_.the.ultimate.in.mayonaka.arena.600.1208129.jpg

Esura

Banned
I always rolled with Aigis, Akihiko and Yukari in FES and for P4G my team was Chie, Yukiko and Yosuke till I got Natoto.

I liked Yukari but I didn't need her for her healing or her Garu spells after I got some ultimate personas with some decent healing spells. I used Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko throughout the entire game without switching once. Everyone always told me Chie sucked and I didn't believe them. Glad I didn't cause her God Hand after all those buffs does major damage.

Esura

Banned
Yus!

Then in P3P, Aki was swapped out for Mitsuru for the GURL POWAH.

I usually like going with the all female teams but I was fond of Akihiko's buffs and I was too lazy to give my MC Personas that focuses on buffing whereas I had a nice stable of decent healing Personas.

I liked Yukari but I didn't need her for her healing or her Garu spells after I got some ultimate personas with some decent healing spells. I used Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko throughout the entire game without switching once. Everyone always told me Chie sucked and I didn't believe them. Glad I didn't cause her God Hand after all those buffs does major damage.

Yeah, God Hand did some damage, thats how I got the trophy Going Nova.

Jintor

I usually like going with the all female teams but I was fond of Akihiko's buffs and I was too lazy to give my MC Personas that focuses on buffing whereas I had a nice stable of decent healing Personas.

More characters need debuff/buffin' abilities because MC is always going to be damage central

Esura

Banned
Yeah, God Hand did some damage, thats how I got the trophy Going Nova.

Man I want Golden so bad. Persona game with trophies....yum.

I never felt like my team was hampered by Chie's skill learning slump either since unless the Shadows or boss was immune to physical, her current physical skills + buffs were more than enough to make up for her lack of decent post Bufu level 1 skills.

More characters need debuff/buffin' abilities because MC is always going to be damage central

In P4 Chie was my powerhouse with MC somewhat second. In P3FES I had slightly better set up of Personas than I did in 4, possibly because I got used to how Persona games worked in 4. My MC did the damage dealing and healing in 3.

Jintor

Man I want Golden so bad. Persona game with trophies....yum.

they're addictive

I got the platinum because once i had a bunch of them I felt, like, 'why not?'

fifty hours later...

Kind of surprised the live band mix of Reach Out To The Truth isn't in Golden anywhere. That is like the ultimate feel-good mix of RoTTT with the counterpoint voice and the slight pitch change and just generally being amazing. Could've put in another boss or something. Just stuff in Ultima Weapon, I don't know

Esura

Banned
they're addictive

I got the platinum because once i had a bunch of them I felt, like, 'why not?'

fifty hours later...

Kind of surprised the live band mix of Reach Out To The Truth isn't in Golden anywhere. That is like the ultimate feel-good mix of RoTTT with the counterpoint voice and the slight pitch change and just generally being amazing. Could've put in another boss or something. Just stuff in Ultima Weapon, I don't know

Or have you fight against Elizabeth in a special dungeon. She is pretty much the Persona equivalent of Ultima/Ruby/Sapphire Weapon combined anyway.

So do your Vita trophies show up with your PS3 trophies or do it have it's own trophy category?

Dantis

I would have paid you. :(

Just import it bro. I think my copy was like £20 plus shipping. Not too bad at all.

I think it would be cool if they made "Home Made Kazoku" (I like them) do a couple of tracks especially for the Persona 5 Soundtrack. I think they would fit in perfectly.

Example of their work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se8V9nQ13HY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxbCMRS6GDQ
http://club.ados.fr/saori64/videos-jpop-188089/video/kazoku-nagareboshi-shooting-3151175.html
Search for more.

I'd rather they stayed away from hiring bands, because then you completely lose Meguro's sound, which I think is very unique and a part of modern Persona.

I've mentioned it before, and there is zero chance of this happening, but I'd love them to hire Tsukiko Amano to do the vocals for some tracks.

Also, Aigis looks silly with a pony tail, but kinda boss in a Yasogami outfit.

omg_mjd

Started P3 FES for the first time today. Already finished P3P (Male MC) and doing a FeMC NG+. (And I'm also on my 2nd play-through of P4G.)

Really nice to see the animated cut scenes that I missed out on but it makes me sad that this game is Male MC-only. At least there's The Answer to look forward to after I finish.

Damn this series is addicting.

Started P3 FES for the first time today. Already finished P3P (Male MC) and doing a FeMC NG+. (And I'm also on my 2nd play-through of P4G.)

Really nice to see the animated cut scenes that I missed out on but it makes me sad that this game is Male MC-only. At least there's The Answer to look forward to after I finish.

Damn this series is addicting.

Alright, who's gonna tell him?

And then you try to sing the lyrics, and then you realize you have no idea what they're saying.

I love singing along to the battle theme. I just do it quietly since I'm sure I sound ridiculous. "Close your mind! Wear your blind! Ready for bridge to nowheeeere!"

Jintor

I just realised that JYB occasionally dips into his Vash voice in the dub

I really like the soundtrack just completely switching over to the P3 OST when they visit Tatsumi Port Island. It's all scene-appropriate, too, which is nice.

Dantis

I try to sing along with Bloody Destiny sometimes, but then I realize I don't understand any of the lyrics beyond the first line.

I sing along with it anyway. It's pretty much just noises though, lol.

Kawamura has a great singing voice, but her English is really awful.

Esura

Banned
I try to sing along with Bloody Destiny sometimes, but then I realize I don't understand any of the lyrics beyond the first line.

I just made up my own lyrics for Bloody Destiny lol. Like what I used to do with some old anime openings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom