• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Already have a few times, Jintor and Armada are already working on stuff for the website. haha

Going to post Episode 3 in a few hours and I thought some sort of title card should go with it.

Considering the theme, why not something of Jun and Tatsuya?

Ya know, if Index owns Madhouse and Atlus, I must know why Madhouse isn't making the P3 movie. Man I like Madhouse, I'd love to see them handle the project.

Ya know, if Index owns Madhouse and Atlus, I must know why Madhouse isn't making the P3 movie. Man I like Madhouse, I'd love to see them handle the project.

I know, right! After Gainax, MADHOUSE is my favourite animation company. I love Highschool of the--I mean, Summer Wars.

>_>

<_<

^_^

cjkeats

No love for Shaft in here? You monsters.
Aniplex is a production and distrubtion company, not the animation studio themselves. The studio is AIC A.S.T.A.

ouu I like AIC. Hope the movie comes out better quality than the show. They've done some of my favorite shows.

<--- including that one

Squire

Banned
Aniplex is a production and distrubtion company, not the animation studio themselves. The studio is AIC A.S.T.A.

Ah, you're right. BONES did FMA under them, which is what I was thinking of. Wasn't P4 by A-1 Pictures?

ouu I like AIC. Hope the movie comes out better quality than the show. They've done some of my favorite shows.

<--- including that one

Who, your avatar? That's from Oreimo, right?

Moonlight

Banned
I'm disappointed that none of you have realized the good grace of Studio Trigger. Which basically means none of you have seen Little Witch Academia. And you totally should. Like, I'm just saying.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Ufotable (Fate/Zero), KyoAni, and them make up a holy trinity of studios that will save anime.

Sophia

Ah, you're right. BONES did FMA under them, which is what I was thinking of. Wasn't P4 by A-1 Pictures?

A-1 Pictures did the animated cut-scenes for the game itself. AIC A.S.T.A did the anime. Madhouse did the new stuff for Golden as well as Persona 4 Arena's animation scenes.

Persona 3's animated sequences were animated by some company called Point Pictures. Persona 3 the movie is AIC A.S.T.A however.

Trinity Soul was A-1 Pictures.

I'm disappointed that none of you have realized the good grace of Studio Trigger. Which basically means none of you have seen Little Witch Academia. And you totally should. Like, I'm just saying.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Ufotable (Fate/Zero), KyoAni, and them make up a holy trinity of studios that will save anime.

When Ufotable makes an anime adaptation of Heaven's Feel, then I'll consider then the savior of anime.

Squire

Banned
KyoAni is so so good. I don't watch that much anime, but I've seen the first season of Haruhi upwards of five times. Loved how subversive it was.

Dying to see Fate/zero.

Hahahaha! I like HOTD and Summer Wars.

Aniplex is a good studio though. I also like Gainax and Gonzo.

Oh! And KyoAni!

Haha; HOTD is more of a guilty pleasure for me, while SW is one of my favourite anime-related things ever. It's just sooooooo good!

Speaking of so good, I've been watching Twin Peaks for the first time and it's astounding how much the Persona series draws from it. I love seeing the inspirations for different aspects of the series almost as much as I love the plot itself ^_^

Squire

Banned
Haha; HOTD is more of a guilty pleasure for me, while SW is one of my favourite anime-related things ever. It's just sooooooo good!

Ditto on HOTD. And yeah, if you like SW track down the first two Digimon movies!

A-1 Pictures did the animated cut-scenes for the game itself. AIC A.S.T.A did the anime. Madhouse did the new stuff for Golden as well as Persona 4 Arena's animation scenes.

Persona 3's animated sequences were animated by some company called Point Pictures. Persona 3 the movie is AIC A.S.T.A however.

Trinity Soul was A1 Pictures.

Yeah, this stuff confuses me. Glad you've got it clear. @.@

cjkeats

I've preached LWA in this thread before, and I'm not the only one. I hope they can follow it up with something just as good.

But anime will be fine as long as Gainax KyoAni and Shaft are still around. At least, I'll be fine with it.

KyoAni is so so good. I don't watch that much anime, but I've seen the first season of Haruhi upwards of five times. Loved how subversive it was.

Dying to see Fate/zero.

Loved Haruhi. KoyAni also did K-on!, which is another of my all time favourites.

Fate/Zero put me to sleep. It took me an entire day to watch episode one, because it's one hell of an info dump. It's supposed to be awesome after that, so I plan on going back to it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Qhwoxfn.jpg

Shaft is awesome.

Squire

Banned
Gainax needs to do something else that I like. I love EVA and FLCL, but I wasn't into TTGL. I do like Yoko's design though.

Sophia

I felt the same about TTGL. Stopped halfway through. Oddly enough the Gainax thin I enjoyed most that wasn't Eva was Hanamaru Kindergarten. It was hilarious.

You should have watched the final arc of Gurren Lagann at least. It's the best part.

So when does Little Witch Academia become a 26-episode TV series? Besides in my dreams....

Jintor

They spent like a third of TTGL's budget on the last two episodes. It fucking shows. And it's pretty incredibly normally, too.

Gainax needs to do something else that I like. I love EVA and FLCL, but I wasn't into TTGL. I do like Yoko's design though.

Ah, that's a shame. TTGL is probably my favourite anime by merit of its energy and music alone.

Screw it; here's my list:

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
4. Trigun
5. Wolf's Rain
6. Digimon Tamers
7. Soul Eater
8. Samurai Champloo
9. Gunbuster
10. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (It was cancelled too soon... T^T)

Movies:

1. Spirited Away
2. Summer Wars
3. Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
4. Gurren Lagann: The Lights in the Sky Are Stars
5. Grave of the Fireflies

PK Gaming

Speaking of so good, I've been watching Twin Peaks for the first time and it's astounding how much the Persona series draws from it. I love seeing the inspirations for different aspects of the series almost as much as I love the plot itself ^_^

I just watched Summer Wars last summer

it was bloody amazing, one of my favorite things ever

Moonlight

Banned

Dying to see Fate/zero.
If you have time, you should consider looking into Hyouka. It's one of KyoAni's most recent works, and I have no trouble saying that it counts as one of their best. It's actually what brought me back into the hobby after being estranged for a good while. It's a ridiculously well-produced, well paced TV series driven by some of the best characterization and development I've seen in an anime in the last five years.

And if you liked Haruhi, the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is a really fantastic movie.

Fate/Zero put me to sleep. It took me an entire day to watch episode one, because it's one hell of an info dump. It's supposed to be awesome after that, so I plan on going back to it.
I won't blame you too hard, it's very slow to start, but once it gets going (around episode 3?) it really gets going.

So when does Little Witch Academia become a 26-episode TV series? Besides in my dreams....
It's inevitable. It has to be. :(

Oh, and if you guys loved Summer Wars and/or The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, you should really, really consider looking into Wolf Children. It's the latest movie from Mamoru Hosoda, the director of the two movies. And I make no exaggeration when I say that it's his finest work yet. There's actually on OT hanging around and it's pretty unanimous about its' quality.

Necrovex

Ah, that's a shame. TTGL is probably my favourite anime by merit of its energy and music alone.

Screw it; here's my list:

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
4. Trigun
5. Wolf's Rain
6. Digimon Tamers
7. Soul Eater
8. Samurai Champloo
9. Gunbuster
10. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (It was cancelled too soon... T^T)

Movies:

1. Spirited Away
2. Summer Wars
3. Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
4. Gurren Lagann: The Lights in the Sky Are Stars
5. Grave of the Fireflies

The Count needs to be at your number one spot. Just saying.

When you guys say HOTD, I keep thinking of House of the Dead and go :D but then I realize and go D:

HOTD has the best plot ever. How can you not love all of that plot the show tosses at you?! Thinking about that plot makes me all giggly and good inside.

Persona 5 could learn a thing or two from HOTD and its...plot.

Jintor

Haruhi is one of those series I like less as time goes on. I was really really into it a few years back but now I look back and ask myself why. The movie though is still pretty amazing and I'm glad I saw it.

cjkeats

If you have time, you should consider looking into Hyouka. It's one of KyoAni's most recent works, and I have no trouble saying that it counts as one of their best. It's actually what brought me back into the hobby after being estranged for a good while. It's a ridiculously well-produced, well paced TV series driven by some of the best characterization and development I've seen in an anime in the last five years.

And if you liked Haruhi, the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is a really fantastic movie.

Oh, and if you guys loved Summer Wars and/or The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, you should really, really consider looking into Wolf Children. It's the latest movie from Mamoru Hosoda, the director of the two movies. And I make no exaggeration when I say that it's his finest work yet. There's actually on OT hanging around and it's pretty unanimous about its' quality.

I can vouch for everything recommended here. Wolf Children is beautiful, Hyouka is very good. Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is fantastic, espically if you're a big fan of the show.

EDIT: A personal recommendation from me would be Madoka Magica. I've seen it 3 times(The show twice and the recap movies in theatres) and it's just amazing.

HOTD has the best plot ever. How can you not love all of that plot the show tosses at you?! Thinking about that plot makes me all giggly and good inside.

James go and prevent the confusion in the city > high school of the dead "plot"

Squire

Banned

I'll have to look that up! I've been meaning to see Dissapearance for a while and I saw Duckroll's Wolf Children OT. Waiting on the dub release in the fall.

I'd like it more if it didn't take as many liberties with the original story (which I studied at length in high school French), but it's still an incredible testament to how awesome you can make an anime's visuals and story.

And as long as I own a signed copy of the Gurren Lagann Best Sound OST, I don't think TTGL's budging from my top spot ;P

Lunar15

tumblr_mi2gs0vw5O1qmbtgao1_500.gif

I kid.

But back on to Persona, the lack of any information on it from Atlus makes me think that we'll never really see a resolution to the plot-threads of Arena. They'll probably just move on to 5 which will be a separate story.

Squire

Banned
Obviously they need to do something or the company will close and we'll never see anything SMT-related ever again.

Obviously.

FluxWaveZ

But back on to Persona, the lack of any information on it from Atlus makes me think that we'll never really see a resolution to the plot-threads of Arena. They'll probably just move on to 5 which will be a separate story.

Or Persona 5 could be a direct sequel to Persona 4 Arena with Elizabeth as the main character. There's really nothing to indicate one way or the other.

Levito

Banned
Ugh I HATE HOTD, comically over the top fan service that's always in your face.

Twin Peaks is MASSIVELY popular in Japan, when the show was running they had huge funeral gatherings for one of the characters.

Yeah Persona 4's plot specifically feels very inspired by Twin Peaks, David Lynch is friggn brilliant.

w2NjbIv.gif

Also you should all definitely was Fate/Zero, easily one of the most well crafted anime ever.

FluxWaveZ

Elizabeth won't be the main character. She'd be absolutely boring as a silent protagonist. Kinda like Maya in EP. :p

I'd like to think they've learned their lesson after how absolutely stupid the tradition of having a silent protagonist ended up for Maya. There was an interview that stated it was a mistake, I believe, and Aigis as the protagonist in The Answer turned out alright, so maybe it could work.

cjkeats

Ugh I HATE HOTD, comically over the top fan service that's always in your face.
That was the point.

Twin Peaks is MASSIVELY popular in Japan, when the show was running they had huge funeral gatherings for one of the characters.
Yeah Persona 4's plot specifically feels very inspired by Twin Peaks, David Lynch is friggn brilliant.
Lest we forget dear old Deadly Premonition, the most blatantly inspired of them all.

cj_iwakura

Fate/Zero was fantastic, but my favorite anime remains Serial Experiments Lain. Sailor Moon, El Hazard: The Magnificent World, Bubblegum Crisis(2032, original), and Ranma 1/2 probably round out the list. Madoka Magica shot way up there too.

Sophia

I'd like to think they've learned their lesson after how absolutely stupid the tradition of having a silent protagonist ended up for Maya. There was an interview that stated it was a mistake, I believe, and Aigis as the protagonist in The Answer turned out alright, so maybe it could work.

Still, Elizabeth would be somewhat boring as a protagonist. She doesn't work well on her own. Part of what makes her so great in P3 and P4A is her reactions to everyone and everything around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom