• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when I used to frequent the P4G board on gamefaqs, there was a topic called Yu Was Not The First Guy To Fuck Rise that got to 500 posts. I sent back there a month ago and there was a topic called Yu Was The First Guy To Fuck Rise. I went back today and I see Rise Was The First Girl To Fuck Yu. Why do I keep going back there?

Dantis

So I got around to finishing my sketch. Lineart next.

Drawing is hard. :(

p4inp3casualsketch.png

I am also limiting my pictures to four characters max now, haha.

Meia

If it wasn't going to be Labrys it probably would have been Chie.

I'm ok with Labrys, as it could flesh them both out more. Then again, that gets into more creepy shipping category, so let's not. :p

Nice job with the sketch. Is Chie going to have the symbol in her hair in the final version?

Oh, as an update, I just finished the Harem Queen part of Persona 1. That dungeon was like the worst thing ever. :\

Dantis

I bet it won't. I also feel that people need to be a bit less confident that it'll even be announced this year.

Thought you said you were expecting an announcement mid-May? :p

Nice job with the sketch. Is Chie going to have the symbol in her hair in the final version?

Prooooobably not. You mean the XXII, right? They're only on her left side, I think. I'd need to change Chie's hair to make them work too.

Also thanks. ;)

Trigger

the weirdest pairing I've ever seen that has a few pictures is...

Lisa Silverman X Yosuke Hanamura.

I mean what.

Chie and Yosuke have some chemistry. I can see the leap in assuming Lisa would have the same kind of friendship if her and Yosuke were ever in the same class.

I bet it won't. I also feel that people need to be a bit less confident that it'll even be announced this year.

Don't fight the positive thinking!

Soriku

I predict something Persona related on May 14th, yeah, but I would be extremely surprised if that was Persona 5. Overall, I'm bearish on the prospects of a P5 announcement in 2013.

What's on May 14? Or is that just your own personal prediction lol.

They have to announce Persona 5 this year. They started working on it since 2010, Persona 4 Golden and Catherine will have been out for a while now, and SMT4 will also be released. They absolutely need to announce it this year. I think expecting nothing for the remainder of the year (8 months) is too pessimistic.

FluxWaveZ

They have to announce Persona 5 this year. They started working on it since 2010, Persona 4 Golden and Catherine will have been out for a while now, and SMT4 will also be released. They absolutely need to announce it this year. I think expecting nothing for the remainder of the year (8 months) is too pessimistic.

Why do they "have" to announce anything? They said they were working hard on the next Persona title last month. Heck, that could be the only thing we hear about its development until 2014.

They have SMTIV, Etrian Odyssey, SMT X Fire Emblem and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record all slated for a future release this year (except for maybe SMT X FE). Not to mention Persona 3: The Movie and the Devil Survivor 2 anime in the works.

Heh, that works.

Soriku

Why do they "have" to announce anything? They said they were working hard on the next Persona title last month. Heck, that could be the only thing we hear about its development until 2014.

They have SMTIV, Etrian Odyssey, SMT X Fire Emblem and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record all slated for a future release this year (except for maybe SMT X FE). Not to mention Persona 3: The Movie and the Devil Survivor 2 anime in the works.

SMT IV, EO, and DS2 all release in a few months. DS2's anime will end in a few months too, around the time DS2 Break Record releases.

Outside of that, all they have is SMTxFE (likely 2014, we haven't even seen an in-game screenshot or video yet) and Persona 3 anime (not even a game). That seems really sparse. In fact, with the P3 anime coming, if they don't plan to make another P3 port, it'd be best to announce Persona 5 for some overall Persona hype.

FluxWaveZ

SMT IV, EO, and DS2 all release in a few months. DS2's anime will end in a few months too, around the time DS2 Break Record releases.

Outside of that, all they have is SMTxFE (likely 2014, we haven't even seen an in-game screenshot or video yet) and Persona 3 anime (not even a game). That seems really sparse. In fact, with the P3 anime coming, if they don't plan to make another P3 port, it'd be best to announce Persona 5 for some overall Persona hype.

Atlus had 5 releases in Japan in 2012 (going by Wikipedia). In 2011, they had 6. In 2010, they had 5.

Hm, so yeah, I guess things do seem a bit sparse in Japan if the above is all they have for 2013, especially if SMT X FE is not a 2013 release (though, it would be possible). Still, that doesn't point to Persona 5 and could point to any number of unknown projects that could be announced and subsequently released this year.

Not to be too pessimistic about the whole thing, but since the release of Persona 4 five years ago, people have been saying "maybe P5 at TGS" every year. I think we just need to be a bit less confident in an impending announcement lest we disappoint ourselves once again.

Soriku

Atlus had 5 releases in Japan in 2012 (going by Wikipedia). In 2011, they had 6. In 2010, they had 5.

Hm, so yeah, I guess things do seem a bit sparse in Japan if the above is all they have for 2013, especially if SMT X FE is not a 2013 release (though, it would be possible). Still, that doesn't point to Persona 5 and could point to any number of unknown projects that could be announced and subsequently released this year.

They could do some announcements like EO5 or Devil Survivor 3 or something later in the year (though I think it's still early for DS3) but P5 is a loooooong time coming. I'd be shocked if it doesn't get announced this year. I'm expecting a 2014 release.

Venfayth

I haven't drawn in a long time. I have a lot of respect for you guys who do draw a lot. My problem was that I was never satisfied with anything I drew, no matter how long I spent on it. It always was never good enough, and that was too mentally draining for me.

Levito

Banned
Don't expect anything for about a week, I have actual work to do :T

Dude thank you so much for contributing! This is so awesome!

So aside from CJ and Inorigo. Who would like to be on the podcast for the anime episode? We'd talk about the P4 Anime of course, the upcoming P3 movie, and even trinity soul(loool).

Think I might have to make this episode 4 due people's timing conflicts on the mysticism episode. Nothing set in stone yet though.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Dude thank you so much for contributing! This is so awesome!

So aside from CJ and Inorigo. Who would like to be on the podcast for the anime episode? We'd talk about the P4 Anime of course, the upcoming P3 movie, and even trinity soul(loool).

Think I might have to make this episode 4 due people's timing conflicts on the mysticism episode. Nothing set in stone yet though.

My memory of the p4 anime is a little hazy (double Chie ftw) , but I'm sure I'll have some time to check out a bunch of clips n shit to recover my memory. ;p

So put me down as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom