• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Truth be told I actually was more hoping for Chie, but I didn't want ti to tie into the whole "Persona 4" podcast thing. hahaha

Not at home atm but I have a pretty cool fanart of Chie wearing headphones. (shocker)

Happy Birthday Twilt btw o;

Dantis

Actually Igor or Margaret would be really awesome. (Not Elizabeth because that's The Persona Podcast's mascot)

Margaret would be cool. No love for Marie? I think headphones would suit her!

Jack Frost would be very easy to do, but not very Persona-related. I mean, if I was doing Jack Frost, I'd have to airbrush shade him for a start. It would be the easiest of the characters though. Pretty sure I could pump out a Jack Frost picture in no time at all.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Here. :p

gCUnYlj.jpg

Meia

Keep multiple save files, get ready for strobing golden shadows and the block of Tartarus giving you a supreme headache, plus the last boss strobes like the shadows.

Guys, how's the PSN version of P3 FES? I wanna play the original game with all dem graphics and no Direct Commands.

Save data glitch can erase your data sometimes, but multiple saves should alleviate this. Some textures look weird at times, other flash repeatedly. The floors on one of the later blocks of Tartarus flash quite a bit, as well as the exterior of the monorail and the high cut battle armor.

Jintor

Let's just keep changing the image every 'cast

I have a rough idea for a banner image though, it's basically a Jack Frost podcasting

Save data glitch can erase your data sometimes, but multiple saves should alleviate this. Some textures look weird at times, other flash repeatedly. The floors on one of the later blocks of Tartarus flash quite a bit, as well as the exterior of the monorail and the high cut battle armor.

Keep multiple save files, get ready for strobing golden shadows and the block of Tartarus giving you a supreme headache, plus the last boss strobes like the shadows.

A bit buggy IIRC

Save glitches and some funky graphical issues.

The save thing you can get around by making multiple save files.
*Sigh*
So it's pretty bad.

Squire

Banned
Spencer Pressly(owner) contacted me randomly on twitter saying he was going to "check out the competition, haven't really spoke to him besides that though.

Ah, nice. (I think)

I'm (probably) not getting my P4A update, but I can get the next BlazBlue. Do any of you suggest trying an earlier game in that series? I've never played.

FluxWaveZ

I'm (probably) not getting my P4A update, but I can get the next BlazBlue. Do any of you suggest trying an earlier game in that series? I've never played.

BlazBlue's story is a convoluted mess. If you want to at least have a base understanding of what's actually happening without going to a wiki page, you'd need to get both Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift Extend. If that doesn't really matter and you're just in for the gameplay, get CSEX because that's pretty much how Chrono Phantasma will play.

Squire

Banned
BlazBlue's story is a convoluted mess. If you want to at least have a base understanding of what's actually happening without going to a wiki page, you'd need to get both Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift Extend. If that doesn't really matter and you're just in for the gameplay, get CSEX because that's pretty much how Chrono Phantasma will play.

Yeah, that sounds good. It looks silly at a glance. I'm in for the gameplay. Is the Vits port of CSEX any good?

cj_iwakura

Yeah, that sounds good. It looks silly at a glance. I'm in for the gameplay. Is the Vits port of CSEX any good?

The story is fantastic, and CSEX covers CT in an abridged format.

It's equal parts melodramatic and hilarious with a dash of hot-blooded epic.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Playing Bioshock Infinite after playing Persona 4 for God only knows how many hours is the worst thing ever.

Can't help but to picture Kanji every time Booker opens his mouth :\\\\

Levito

Banned
Playing Bioshock Infinite after playing Persona 4 for God only knows how many hours is the worst thing ever.

Can't help but to picture Kanji every time Booker opens his mouth :\\\\

That happened to me a couple years ago.

I randomly decided to pick up the original Brothers in Arms on Steam, main character is voiced by Troy Baker. Then I played Persona 4 again right after, heard Tory Baker as Kanji of course. Then Catherine came out, low and behold Troy Baker was Vincent.

Troy baker is also playing Joel in The Last Of Us, dude is in everything.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That happened to me a couple years ago.

I randomly decided to pick up the original Brothers in Arms on Steam, main character is voiced by Troy Baker. Then I played Persona 4 again right after, heard Tory Baker as Kanji of course. Then Catherine came out, low and behold Troy Baker was Vincent.

Troy baker is also playing Joel in The Last Of Us, dude is in everything.

It seriously hampers my attempt of getting immersed at Bioshock Infinite, to the point that I wished Troy Baker didn't get cast as Booker.

Last of Us is him too? Oooooooooh boyyyy.

Sophia

I didn't even recognize him as Booker until I was a third of the way in. His performance is so calm until after you get to Elizabeth.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I didn't even recognize him as Booker until I was a third of the way in. His performance is so calm until after you get to Elizabeth.

That's the thing.

At first I didn't recognize him too; all fine and dandy. But as the game went on for a bit, then I realized it was him, and THEN Kanji started to disrupt my thoughts :(

Couldn't shake off the feeling all the way to the end :((

Squire

Banned

That's the thing.

At first I didn't recognize him too; all fine and dandy. But as the game went on for a bit, then I realized it was him, and THEN Kanji started to disrupt my thoughts :(

Couldn't shake off the feeling all the way to the end :((

Levine should've thrown a "Get bent!" in there somewhere. I bet he likes P4. Sure.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Haha I doubt Ken likes JRPG's, I remember him railing on FF7 way back in the day on GFW Radio.

He didn't like convoluted story with unresolved plot points, I bet.

I bet he hated Metal Gear too.

It's quite amazing how him and his team managed to neatly wrap up Infinite.

Anyways, off topic here.

Yes, Troy Baker, you're awesome, but goddamn Kenji.

Dantis

Good game. Be prepared for a bollocks story though.

It was intriguing in Calamity Trigger, then it went ridiculous in later games. Lots of nonsensical madeup terminology and whatnot. Also an often creepy and awful sense of humour.

The core gameplay is really good though. It's my favourite 2D fighter. S'aaaaaaaaall about that Hakumen.

That's going be a lot of work unless we use copyrighted images. :p

This is my thinking also. If I spend a few hours on one image, then it won't be feasible to keep drawing more.

Dantis

So I was thinking something like this

SjUrfNQ.png

I also want to draw characters wearing headphones though because that sounds fun

Damn, I love it!

My only thing is, I'd change the text. Maybe make it closer to the Persona typography or something?

Also, I just sketched this up. Imagine that it's not a 20-minute sketch and is actually polished, and I think the final piece would really work.

EDIT: So I guess PS Plus gets Catherine this month. That's a surprising one.

Dantis

S. Link on top, FM underneath.

GOTTA IMPROVISE, JINTOR.

I can do the text if you want, and then you can just drop it onto your image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom