• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

I love the thin line effect but I don't know if the time investment would be worth it, haha ==;;

I mean I knocked out two quick (relatively finished) pieces yesterday because I felt like it... if I didn't have that sense of sponteneity to the business I don't know if I'd really enjoy drawing. And I'm still angling to get faster, too...

It's also why I can't draw on commission, haha. Struggling with this goddamn logo

I prefer to do things polished. I'm rarely happy with my work, so I feel like I have to keep fixing things with it. I enjoy doing these Persona pictures because they're the complete opposite of how I do my own stuff. When I draw my own pictures, I'm just throwing down colours all over the place until it looks accepable, but with these I'm using this very precise way of drawing. It makes for a nice contrast.

I guess I can only do it like this because I have so much time on my hands. I finished uni well over a year ago (It'll be two years before long, in fact...) and haven't gotten around to getting a full-time job. Should probably get on that.

Sophia

Yeah, I'm glad that's being phased out of RPGs altogether. It's a battle mechanic that plagues you outside of battle. Makes no sense from that perspective.

I'm okay with it as long as it doesn't KILL on outside of battle. Which it doesn't in P3 (can't remember about P2 and P1...)

Noi

I find it frustrating regardless. I don't see what it adds to gameplay whatsoever.

Item management. Personally, I never once used a dis-poison in P4 because it wears off after battle. In P3, I always made sure to be stocked up cause I knew the situation to use them would come.

I dont mind status effects staying after battle, I just dislike when they dont go away outright until you use an item.

Meia

Eh, it's an old school RPG mechanic that's existed forever, so never minded it.

Usually remember buying 10 Antidotes or whatever very early on in whatever RPG I played, because that was usually the first status effect you see, and the only one that doesn't wear off out of battle.

Necrovex

I hated outside poison effect when I was young, and I still hate that feature today. I always felt that it wasted my time. That's partly why I really enjoyed FFXIII. They tossed that awfulness away.
I'm part of the minority that really enjoyed FFXIII too.

Squire

Banned
So I'm really enjoying Fire Emblem, though I am completely awful at it.

I could say the same for Tactics Ogre! Have you played Valkyria Chronicles per chance?

I saw the LWA thread and some of the comments you guys had. High praise indeed! Added it to my YouTube watch lost.

Dantis

I could say the same for Tactics Ogre! Have you played Valkyria Chronicles per chance?

I saw the LWA thread and some of the comments you guys had. High praise indeed! Added it to my YouTube watch lost.

I have the first one. I'm terrible at that too, haha! I've only played probably the first three hours though, then I got sidetracked on something else.

What's LWA?

cjkeats

The poison mechanic was so useless in Pokemon. I usually just go in a circle until it fainted and just revive it.
PREACH!

Dantis, it's Little Witch Academia. There's a thread in OT. It's very good.

Soma

Ah.

...Think I'll... er... give that a miss.

iCfS0sBhpsrIq.png

FluxWaveZ

...only 26 minutes? Buh?

There's only one episode. Not too into its generic story, but the animation and attention to detail were fantastic (coming from someone who apparently doesn't mind bad animation in anime anyways).

Also, Sucy's an awesome character.

Necrovex

It's my understanding that this makes you a bad person.

What makes me a bad person is my fondness for Vanelle.

Little Witch Academia

Awesome 26 minute anime. Free on youtube so you have no excuse!

Just finished watching it because of this post. It was amazing. Like if Harry Potter was all about moe girls and was good.

Ah.

...Think I'll... er... give that a miss.

You're missing out, Dantis. Cute magical girls! How can you not lust for it?!

Kazzy

You're missing out, Dantis. Cute magical girls! How can you not lust for it?!

You're doing it wrong.

It's a whimsical adventure that looks damn beautiful. There is nothing untowards about it at all.

It comes thoroughly recommended too. Though in light of its (almost) universal praise, I hardly feel the need to champion it.

Dantis

You know guys, I've just noticed that a lot of the characters that I design ('Characters' is a stretch considering how little thought goes into them, but whatever) are red-headed. Not sure why, but now I'm thinking there should be more red-headed leads.

If EA is reading, and want to make me the art director of their next big title, I can guarantee a cast filled with ginger and auburn haired characters.

Well, he certainly won't be watching it now.

Correct.

I have a feeling it wouldn't be for me. ;)

You're doing it wrong.

It's a whimsical adventure that looks damn beautiful. There is nothing untowards about it at all.

It comes thoroughly recommended too. Though in light of its (almost) universal praise, I hardly feel the need to champion it.

Still no.

Squire

Banned
Ew, how weird. I can't believe you like sexual things. Some kinda freaky deviant who's going to ruin the earth and children and plants :mad:

This is a good post.

That reminds me, tonight's S.Link FM is about anime. I should re-watch my favorite parts of P4's adaptation.

Marche90

Uh... I think I'm gonna give LWA a chance. If P-Gaf recommends it, it should be good... I think.

Also, good to see that you're enjoying FE:A, Dantis. Just curious: in which difficulty are you playing it? Seeing the OT2 in Gaming again, made me think about replaying it in Hard/Classic, since I bailed out the first time I tried it, but I still have flashbacks to chapters 3, 4 & 5 in that mode. *shivers*

Also, of note. If Soejima is my favorite Japanese character designer, Yusuke Kozaki comes in second. I really love his designs
Lucina <3

Dantis

Uh... I think I'm gonna give LWA a chance. If P-Gaf recommends it, it should be good... I think.

Also, good to see that you're enjoying FE:A, Dantis. Just curious: in which difficulty are you playing it? Seeing the OT2 in Gaming again, made me think about replaying it in Hard/Classic, since I bailed out the first time I tried it, but I still have flashbacks to chapters 3, 4 & 5 in that mode. *shivers*

Also, of note. If Soejima is my favorite Japanese character designer, Yusuke Kozaki comes in second. I really love his designs
Lucina <3

Normal. I very, very rarely change the difficulty in games.

Kozaki is a really great artist, though sometimes his actual designs are a bit hit and miss. His style is terrific though.

Did you see Kotaku's article on him from a while back? Some of the stuff they posted is excellent.

Marche90

I think I saw it, but can't remember. I wonder if they put more images that aren't in his DeviantArt account? Kotaku's mobile site and my phone aren't getting along too well lately, so I won't check it till later.

And I have always loved that image, it was my wallpaper for quite a while! ;) (though fitting it for my monitor was a nightmare...)

Necrovex

Correct.

I have a feeling it wouldn't be for me. ;)

Jokes aside, it was a great OVA. A nice fun story, fantastic animations, and fun characters. Even with all that, the moe effect of the show might turn you off. But hey, it's only 26 minutes, so it's not that big of a gamble.

Venfayth

Jokes aside, it was a great OVA. A nice fun story, fantastic animations, and fun characters. Even with all that, the moe effect of the show might turn you off. But hey, it's only 26 minutes, so it's not that big of a gamble.

I just read the OT for it in offtopic, looks super fucking charming. Gonna watch it after I get off work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom