• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda confused about P4A's story. Is it a different story for each character or does it have one single story like MK9?

Different for each character, but Yu/Yukiko/Chie/Yosuke are basically the same thing with different narration. Some of the others intersect, and they all end up in the same place, but they are pretty cool.

Sophia

I'm kinda confused about P4A's story. Is it a different story for each character or does it have one single story like MK9?

Different for each character, however it's only necessary to play five of the 12 stories to learn everything. One from Yu/Yosuke/Yukiko/Chie. One from Kanji/Teddie. One from Aigis/Akihiko/Mitsuru/Naoto. Labrys's, and Elizabeth's. You'll receive cliffhanger endings until Labrys's story is completed, and Elizabeth's story is completed once you've seen at least two true endings.

You gotta problem with her accent? She'll put the kibosh on the whole shebang if you do..

Ey, dats my job, don' be tryin' ta take it, ya hear?

tumblr_mgjmpz11L31rcmcwgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgjmpz11L31rcmcwgo2_500.jpg

This game had so much potential. Instead of it just being P4 and some throwback P3 characters,they could have had a variety of characters from all of the persona games. Tetsuya, Maya,Junpei,Minato,Lisa ect. Nyarla(in his cool form), Izanami,Nyx(the cool design from the SMTgames), and Pandora could have been bosses in arcade mode. I thought they would at least take advantage of DLC and release more characters.

I wish it was a bit less terrible.
They copied and pasted the story from fanfiction.net

P4A should have had NO story. Just every playable character in a crossover fighter. Even if they couldn't fit in everyone, at least add in every P3 and 4 character.

This game had so much potential. Instead of it just being P4 and some throwback P3 characters,they could have had a variety of characters from all of the persona games. Tetsuya, Maya,Junpei,Minato,Lisa ect. Nyarla(in his cool form), Izanami,Nyx(the cool design from the SMTgames), and Pandora could have been bosses in arcade mode. I thought they would at least take advantage of DLC and release more characters.

They copied and pasted the story from fanfiction.net

I still feel like it could have been worse

Squire

Banned
I just realised that JYB occasionally dips into his Vash voice in the dub

I really like the soundtrack just completely switching over to the P3 OST when they visit Tatsumi Port Island. It's all scene-appropriate, too, which is nice.

I liked that a lot, too yeah.

The fuck is up with Labrys voice? I don't even........

She has an Osaka dialect in the JP version. When characters like that are localized, they're given a destiny US dialect to correlate. Labrys' accent is Long Island, NY, I'm pretty sure.

Which, yeah; really oddly specific. Still funny though.

I liked that a lot, too yeah.

She has an Osaka dialect in the JP version. When characters like that are localized, they're given a destiny US dialect to correlate. Labrys' accent is Long Island, NY, I'm pretty sure.

Which, yeah; really oddly specific. Still funny though.

Bostonian. NY people get annoyed when you say that lol.

Tiktaalik

I'm about 24 hours into Persona 3 Portable. Really digging it. I haven't been really reading anything about the game and I'm just winging it, pursuing SLinks that pop up and fusing personas whenever I can make new ones at my player level. I seem to be doing ok so far!

Uncle AJ

Ugh, seriously.

I hate his and Mitsuru's design. Awful awful awful.

This. I get they shouldn't be wearing school uniforms anymore, but the new outfits directly contradict their personalities that the RPG established. Mitsuru is classy, not a sadomasochist domme. And Akihiko isn't a 5-year-old pretending he's Superman.

Omikaru

Akihiko should've had a suit. Not sure what Mitsuru should've had, but definitely not a catsuit.

I still want to play the game once it finally comes out over here, even though some of you guys say it's not very good and I don't like fighting games all that much these days.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Akihiko should've had a suit. Not sure what Mitsuru should've had, but definitely not a catsuit.

I still want to play the game once it finally comes out over here, even though some of you guys say it's not very good and I don't like fighting games all that much these days.

The Story mode might be OK, but the game itself is very well done. Story Mode is easy as hell and really requires no fighting game skills to finish.

If Aigis shows up in any future Persona games, I wish she has that cool longcoat, it really suited her and served as a good disguise for her robotics.

Dantis

In the Soejima Artworks book, there's a picture of her in her motorcycle outfit. It looks awesome and would have totally fit.

Squire

Banned
Hey now, Mitsuru's costume was great.

I like them both, but yeah: Mitsuru and Akihiko's redesigns totally tap into fan receptors. Aigis' does the same thing, but it's also something she'd wear in the proper tone and context of Persona 3, so it wins.

Dantis be hatin' though
:p

Dantis

Whilst we're discussing Arena characters designs, I'd like to point out something that really bothers me about them:

Typically, you can tell a lot about Persona 3 and 4's characters through their design. Moreso than most games even. With Arena's you can tell nothing, and anything that you might think would probably be wrong. It's one of the many bizarre aspects of the project. I wonder if Soejima was either A: Working to what they were telling him he had to do or B: He was rushed because he was working on P5. Or maybe he just felt fighter designs didn't need the complexity?

It is weird though.

I like them both, but yeah: Mitsuru and Akihiko's redesigns totally tap into fan receptors. Aigis' does the same thing, but it's also something she'd wear in the proper tone and context of Persona 3, so it wins.

Dantis be hatin' though
:p

After I go to Australia to fight Jintor, I'm going to fly to America and fight you.

Esura

Banned
This. I get they shouldn't be wearing school uniforms anymore, but the new outfits directly contradict their personalities that the RPG established. Mitsuru is classy, not a sadomasochist domme. And Akihiko isn't a 5-year-old pretending he's Superman.

Mitsuru also doesn't have any fashion sense in P3 whatsoever. She got servants and stuff picking out all her wardrobe in the previous game. They joke about her lack of fashion sense in Arena as well. Akihiko was skipping college and traveling around the world Ryu-style trying to get stronger, so of course his wear would be a bit rough. Their new outfits fit the characters how they current are as of around P4/Arena time pretty good. These weren't exactly normal people to begin with in P3, lol.

You got to admit that Mitsuru's coat is boss though.

Mitsuru also doesn't have any fashion sense in P3 whatsoever. She got servants and stuff picking out all her wardrobe in the previous game. They joke about her lack of fashion sense in Arena as well. Akihiko was skipping college and traveling around the world Ryu-style trying to get stronger, so of course his wear would be a bit rough. Their new outfits fit the characters how they current are as of around P4/Arena time pretty good.

Why are you wearing Koromaru, Mitsuru?

Squire

Banned
Whilst we're discussing Arena characters designs, I'd like to point out something that really bothers me about them:

Typically, you can tell a lot about Persona 3 and 4's characters through their design. Moreso than most games even. With Arena's you can tell nothing, and anything that you might think would probably be wrong. It's one of the many bizarre aspects of the project. I wonder if Soejima was either A: Working to what they were telling him he had to do or B: He was rushed because he was working on P5. Or maybe he just felt fighter designs didn't need the complexity?

It is weird though.

After I go to Australia to fight Jintor, I'm going to fly to America and fight you.

It's a fighting game with a light plot. The fan service is half the point even. You're massively over-thinking it. Nothing P4A does is as thoughtful as a mainline game and I doubt that was ever even the slightest of intents.

Also: bring it on! :b

Dantis

Mitsuru also doesn't have any fashion sense in P3 whatsoever. She got servants and stuff picking out all her wardrobe in the previous game. They joke about her lack of fashion sense in Arena as well. Akihiko was skipping college and traveling around the world Ryu-style trying to get stronger, so of course his wear would be a bit rough. Their new outfits fit the characters how they current are as of around P4/Arena time pretty good. These weren't exactly normal people to begin with in P3, lol.

I disagree with everything in this post.

It's a fighting game with a light plot. The fan service is half the point even. You're massively over-thinking it. Nothing P4A does is as thoughtful as a mainline game and I doubt that was ever even the slightest of intents.

Also: bring it on! :b

You're right, I am over-thinking it. But it's because of the execution that I have to.

Let's pretend for a second that this is inarguably canon. Let's say that Akihiko and Mitsuru return in P5. If that happens, they either have to pretend Arena never happened, or bring in the new, ruined P3 characters.

I wish they'd done nothing. Should have stuck with some dumbass nonsense story rather than the farce that they went with. It's even worse because apparently the gameplay is actually solid, but now when I play it I'll just be seething over everything else too much to notice.

Dantis

Got to be a bit specific, cause stuff like Mitsuru not having any fashion sense is 100% canon.

Obviously, I didn't mean that part, haha.

I disagree that it fits the characters. At all. Even a little bit. And I disagree that Mitsuru's coat looks good. It looks awful.

Anyway, I'll drop it. If I keep giving it a kicking, people will get (Rightfully) mad at me.

Esura

Banned

I disagree that it fits the characters. At all. Even a little bit. And I disagree that Mitsuru's coat looks good. It looks awful.

Anyway, I'll drop it. If I keep giving it a kicking, people will get (Rightfully) mad at me.

Well, you only stating what you think. No reason for anyone to (Rightfully) get mad at you lol.

Strongly disagree with the coat being awful though. If I was a woman I would totally work a coat like that. Its freaking fur and considering it's Mitsuru, probably expensive Polar bear coat or something.

EDIT: Look at that coat! She could of worn anything under that coat and she'd still look good cause of that coat.

Catsuit = lame, coat = baller.

Dantis

In Persona 3 her outfits were realistic and stylish. The coat isn't, and that's why I don't like it. It also makes zero sense within the context.

Esura

Banned
In Persona 3 her outfits were realistic and stylish. The coat isn't, and that's why I don't like it. It also makes zero sense within the context.

Well...I did see people with similar coats like it. Was fake though but still look good.

And Mitsuru is a 20 year old, uber rich Persona user that is the head of a multi million dollar corporation and leads a secret government ran anti-Shadow organization...don't see how it doesn't make sense within the context. Her coat and glasses somewhat represents her standing in society.

Dantis

...You see people wear coats similar to that? :/

Maybe it's because fashion is different where you live, but here in England, there isn't anything even close.

Long fur coats? Really? A 20 year old, no less?

Esura

Banned

Maybe it's because fashion is different where you live, but here in England, there isn't anything even close.

Long fur coats? Really?

It's not all that uncommon to see somewhat similar long fur coats like that in the US in my area. Should be established that these coats I see are 100% fake as fuck though and I could go buy three of them right now for the cheap. And the people who normally wear them are older women....

Long fur coats? Really? A 20 year old, no less?

For the rich, indeed its pretty normal

Kanye West and his girlfriend, for
a silly
example

kanye-west-amber-rose-fur-coats-louis-vuitton-paris-fashion-week.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom