• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Fur coats have nothing to do with being cold for the snooty rich...Thing is though, Mitsuru is rich, but not the snooty rich type.

It doesn't fit the character and it doesn't fit with how she dressed in the previous game. Before she dressed like you'd expect a posh young woman to dress. At best, here she dresses like Kanye West's girlfriend. In a spy catsuit.

But we're digressing. The whole point is, I don't like the outfit. That's all there is to it.

Speaking of character designs, favourites from each game? Say you had to choose the best male and female design from each game, who would you pick?

For me it would be:

P1: Elly annnnnnd... Nanjo maybe? I dunno. I don't like P1's art.

P2: Maki! The best of Kaneko's female designs. And Tatsuya.

P3: FeMC and MC. Fuck you, I don't care if I'm boring.

P4: Probably... Narukami and Naoto? Changed my mind! Gonna mix things up a bit: Naoto and Dojima. BOOMALOOM.

Jintor

surprisingly I will agree with dantis-kun on the ridiculousness of akihiko and mitsuru's clothes in p4a

i don't really mind the story because I like the bits when characters from one series meet characters from the other, but frankly there's not nearly enough 'wait what there's other persona users let's share info' because it all gets overriden by the labyrs plot

also seeing everybody's internal narration reminds you that 70% of the cast are idiots

Trigger

Not Persona-related, but Catherine is still a lovely looking game. I'm hoping this is still the standard graphically for P5.

Speaking of character designs, favourites from each game? Say you had to choose the best male and female design from each game, who would you pick?

P1: Masao and Kei (I don't care for any of the girls.)
P2: Lisa and Tatsuya; Katsuya and Ulala
P3: Yukari and Junpei
P4: Chie and Teddie

Overall I tend to prefer characters with more "normal" designs. Teddie is the exception.

It doesn't fit the character and it doesn't fit with how she dressed in the previous game. Before she dressed like you'd expect a posh young woman to dress. At best, here she dresses like Kanye West's girlfriend. In a spy catsuit.

But we're digressing. The whole point is, I don't like the outfit. That's all there is to it.

For me it would be:

P1: Elly annnnnnd... Nanjo maybe? I dunno. I don't like P1's art.

P2: Maki! The best of Kaneko's female designs. And Tatsuya.

P3: FeMC and MC. Fuck you, I don't care if I'm boring.

P4: Probably... Narukami and Naoto? Changed my mind! Gonna mix things up a bit: Naoto and Dojima. BOOMALOOM.

P1: Eriko Kirishima and Kei Nanjo
P2IS: Yukino Mayuzumi (So Maya is not in 2 spots) and Eikichi Mishina
P2EP: Maya Amano and Katsuya Suou/Baofu (Tie)
P3: Yukari Takeba and Shinjiro Agaraki
P4: Kanji Tatsumi and Yukiko Amagi
P4DANTIS: Labrys

It look stupid, although the fanboy in me secretly the catsuit lol. That picture has got to be old as fuck,no way in hell Kanye's jeans are that baggy.

That picture is 2010, but the dude has pictures of fur coats for years, including a description of this:

Kanye West has long labeled himself as the "Louis Vuitton Don" for his dapper style and taste, and the rapper definitely lived up to his name at the label's Menswear Fall/Winter Collection for 2013/14 show on Thursday. Kanye showed up to the show wearing a fur-lined khaki green jacket, which had a fur hood which will surely offput the people at PETA.

also seeing everybody's internal narration reminds you that 70% of the cast are idiots
Well, how dumb they act towards the case in P4OG should have tipped you off to that already bro

Squire

Banned
You're right, I am over-thinking it. But it's because of the execution that I have to.

Let's pretend for a second that this is inarguably canon. Let's say that Akihiko and Mitsuru return in P5. If that happens, they either have to pretend Arena never happened, or bring in the new, ruined P3 characters.

I wish they'd done nothing. Should have stuck with some dumbass nonsense story rather than the farce that they went with. It's even worse because apparently the gameplay is actually solid, but now when I play it I'll just be seething over everything else too much to notice.

The core issue is definitely the fact that it's canon. If it was a fun, "What if...?" we'd have no problem. But it could theoretically create problems later as they seem to be possibly building to something big in the fiction.

But it's a great game though. I hope you play and enjoy it since it is a phenomenal fighting game.

Jintor

Well, how dumb they act towards the case in P4OG should have tipped you off to that already bro

Yeah but the bits when they keep their mouths shut make you think there's actual thought going on there

nope

it's dumb-ass redundant internal monologue all the time

only Yu, Naoto, Mitsuru and Aigis escape unscathed

Well, Mitsuru really has no fashion sense to begin with so...

It's a wonder she looks as good as she does

If they were going to do the fanservice route I was really hoping for a straight out P3/P4 afterparty after the main plot was over where everybody hangs out and Rise and Fuuka get to trade comm secrets and everybody fails at cooking

Esura

Banned
Well, Mitsuru really has no fashion sense to begin with so...

Exactly lol.

My favorite designs would have to be...

P1: Maki, Yukino, Elly
P2: Maya, Yukino, Lisa
P3: Elizabeth, Aigis, Mitsuru, Yukari/Yuka
P4: Chie, Yukiko, Margaret, Rise

P4A: Labrys, Elizabeth, Mitsuru, Aigis

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's a wonder she looks as good as she does

It was mostly due to people buying her clothes for her, during her route she flat out admits all this very early.

Of course when you look like Mitsuru does physically, you can make anything look good.

Dantis

What? She has some of best fashion sense in the series. All her outfits are French styled.

At some point she says that she has no style and she only looks good because of the Kirijo stylist. Has nothing to do with a lack of style in Arena though, unless she fired the stylist. Not to mention it wouldn't be out of character for her to be modest.

And yeah, I still plan to rent Arena. I'll have to see if I can convince some of PersonaGAF to game on with me.

Jintor

What? She has some of best fashion sense in the series. All her outfits are French styled.

FES reveals she just wears what the family stylists selects for her

I kinda want to draw Mitsuru wandering around her mansion in the least fashionable clothes imaginable

At some point she says that she has no style and she only looks good because of the Kirijo stylist. Has nothing to do with a lack of style in Arena though, unless she fired the stylist.

Well, she might have decided that a shadow op didn't really need a stylist

Yeah but the bits when they keep their mouths shut make you think there's actual thought going on there

nope

it's dumb-ass redundant internal monologue all the time

only Yu, Naoto, Mitsuru and Aigis escape unscathed
Did you see how Kanji made his way into the TV world? Did you see how he thought everything was a dream?

My favourite Persona character designs:

P1: Brad and Eriko

P2: Katsuya and Maya

P3: MC and Mitsuru

P4: Dojima and Naoto - except for those dumb plaid pants. I like Naoto's school uniform the best.

In a recent post to the official Persona blog, Persona 4 Arena director Kazuhisa Wada divulged some information pertaining to the story mode being included in the game’s console release. According to Wada, P4A has been created as an official sequel to Persona 4, and will detail events that happen after the initial game’s story over the course of 30 to 40 hours of play time. The story will play out in the same visual novel style as Arc System Works’ BlazBlue titles, and will be fully voiced throughout.

While it’s been obvious for quite some time that the story mode would would extend past the events in Persona 3 and Persona 4, the amount of work they’ve put into creating a great experience for fans of those games definitely extends its appeal past just the members of the fighting game community. They also released a better quality version of the story mode trailer that was previously shown on Famitsu.

Persona 4 Arena is set to release on July 26th in Japan and August 7th in North America for both Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Tiktaalik

...You see people wear coats similar to that? :/

Maybe it's because fashion is different where you live, but here in England, there isn't anything even close.

Long fur coats? Really? A 20 year old, no less?

Now we're veering OT, but I was just in Paris a few weeks ago, and one of the notable things that surprised me that there were lots of young 20 year old women wearing fur coats. I'd never see that sort of thing in Vancouver.

Maybe it does make sense that Mitsuru would wear one. :)

Squire

Banned
At some point she says that she has no style and she only looks good because of the Kirijo stylist. Has nothing to do with a lack of style in Arena though, unless she fired the stylist. Not to mention it wouldn't be out of character for her to be modest.

And yeah, I still plan to rent Arena. I'll have to see if I can convince some of PersonaGAF to game on with me.

FES reveals she just wears what the family stylists selects for her

I kinda want to draw Mitsuru wandering around her mansion in the least fashionable clothes imaginable

Oh, I see. That's interesting.

I would buy FES on Vita in an instant.

I would buy a Persona Generations, which is just P1, P2 Duology hyper uprez, and P3FES and P3P combined. ANOTHER P3 alone? Screw that noise.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Imagine if surprise! online multi is region locked for no reason

The only way I would forgive this god damn delay is if it came out on Vita at the same time in PAL or something :/

It isn't though, because you can play with Japanese people.

Jintor

But via the twisted logic of region locking PAL is so seperate from US even though we fucking speak ENGLISH you're going to take GOD DAMN FUCKING A YEAR to LOCALISE YOUR FUCKING GAME

i know there's more to it than that but I don't give a shit you didn't even need to retranslate it what the fuck is going on

Squire

Banned
I would buy Persona 3 again. If only to have a non-compromised version of Persona 3 Portable.

That's what makes me wonder how far they would go. It would probably be no big deal for the B-team to go from P4G to a re-release of FES that's just been converted to HD, but I imagine re-doing P3P's female scenario in in the style of FES and P4 (all 3D) would be more work. Hmm.

I like the title "Persona 3 Platinum" though!

Sophia

That's what makes me wonder how far they would go. It would probably be no big deal for the B-team to go from P4G to a re-release of FES that's just been converted to HD, but I imagine re-doing P3P's female scenario in in the style of FES and P4 (all 3D) would be more work. Hmm.

I like the title "Persona 3 Platinum" though!

Yeah I'm not merely buying a re-release of FES. However I would re buy P3P if it was brought up to the standards of Persona 4 Golden.

Squire

Banned
Yeah I'm not merely buying a re-release of FES. However I would re buy P3P if it was brought up to the standards of Persona 4 Golden.

If hope for the latter, but I'd take FES HD just because I don't really like playing it on my TV :/

But where will they fit another hotspring scene?

Of all the things they could and should do with another release of P3, new events is probably not on the list.

If hope for the latter, but I'd take FES HD just because I don't really like playing it on my TV :/

Of all the things they could and should do with another release of P3, new events is probably not on the list.
I don't think FES is that bad on ps3. Well maybe it's just me haha

Squire

Banned
I don't think FES is that bad on ps3. Well maybe it's just me haha

It's not bad, but it's not HD or 16;9 which my TV is and maintaining three save slots to cover my ass from the disappearing saves glitch is annoying and tedious. If I could get the game somewhere else, if be pretty pleased.

It's bad. Graphical glitches + save bug + massive color issue until they fixed it.

As long as we're not talking gameplay, all good. :p

Man I really wish it was Future they gave out and not 1. Future is slick and smooth, its pretty easy and laid back, no time limits and an open world to freely explore. 1 is like.....I still like it but...UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH at the levels starting at Grind City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom