• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

ulala_and_baofu_by_in_gravity-d3hyxp7.jpg

#teamballertown

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Baofu and Ulala are the only Persona team members who officially become a couple. I was pretty happy with how it ended for them.

Soma

I should actually finish Innocent Sin at some point.

I last left off at
fighting those Nazi Robots at Mt. Something

Soma

The result of boredom + insomnia:

It's a sad attempt at trying to jock Olly Moss' style and all but I think after tweaking this up a bit I kinda want to do versions for the other three Persona games.

Dantis

So this topic really went places when I was out.

Honestly, glad I missed it.

It's a sad attempt at trying to jock Olly Moss' style and all but I think after tweaking this up a bit I kinda want to do versions for the other three Persona games.

This is excellent.

Moonlight

Banned

This is fucking inspired. I'd personally love to see what you could do for the other three games, because goddamn, it's just great.

Moonlight

Banned
Seriously, why isn't it a show? There are way worse concepts out there that have become shows....
They said if the short takes off, they're open for a TV series!

But for real, watch it. I would stake my reputation on it, if I had one. It's that good.

Jintor

Damnit, now I'm watching it again.

Oh well, Saturday Morning Cartoons before I go grab Fire Emblem I guess.

Seriously. Dantis. Give it a shot.

cjkeats

Restarted Catherine. Man I love this.

The first time I played it was before I played Persona. This time is post-Persona.
the Iwatodai Dorm music works so good at the bar.

Necrovex

Seriously, why isn't it a show? There are way worse concepts out there that have become shows....

This anime season alone have a ton of concepts that are utter shit. I would love LWA to be a full-length shows. There seems to be a lot of stories to uncover in its universe. I wonder if LWA would focus on an overarching arc or become more of an episodic show? I really hope the former.

YOU'LL HAVE TO CATCH ME FIRST.

I won't mention anything Miku, AKB or idol related in this thread for a whole week if you watch it!

Edit: Or even K-On!

Levito

Banned
Dear god I just watched 18 episodes of the P4 anime in a row in preparation for the podcast tonight, haven't marathoned like that since I started Breaking Bad last summer.

Detective Nanako was sickeningly adorable. :3

Meia

After watching it again, if it became a 26 episode show with an overall plot, I would not mind if 20 of those episodes were devoted to Sucy.

....just sayin'. :p

And Loveline Nanako was some of the best stuff in the P4 anime. :D

cj_iwakura

I've made it clear I'm not a big fan of the pandering content in P4G either, but it doesn't really get to me. Whenever I get a Vita, I highly doubt I'll get it, just DJ MAX Technika as fast as the money can hit the table.

Necrovex

I was playing Siren Blood Curse earlier tonight (I've bought it when it came out years ago, and I finally decided to start plowing through it), and I started to wonder what if Persona 4 had a survival horror element to it.

I can imagine it now: Nanako is by herself, trapped in a dungeon, the shadows are attempting to tear her face off, and the only way for her to survive is to sneak by the creatures and get back to her big bro, who is searching for her in said dungeon. Mmmmmm, I can vividly imagine the death scenes now.

Sophia

I was playing Siren Blood Curse earlier tonight (I've bought it when it came out years ago, and I finally decided to start plowing through it), and I started to wonder what if Persona 4 had a survival horror element to it.

I can imagine it now: Nanako is by herself, trapped in a dungeon, the shadows are attempting to tear her face off, and the only way for her to survive is to sneak by the creatures and get back to her big bro, who is searching for her in said dungeon. Mmmmmm, I can vividly imagine the death scenes now.

Dude you might want to lay off the creepiness. =p

cj_iwakura

I can't wait for your thoughts on Blood Curse's ending. It doesn't seem like much until it hits you.

Also, I watched Academia. Cute, but it didn't reinvent the magical girl genre like Madoka Magica did.

FluxWaveZ

So Persona X Corpse Party?

Sure, why not.

Necrovex

Dude you might want to lay off the creepiness. =p

Never!
Though, the lusting comment earlier might have bit a tad much. :p

Oh god, I'm becoming one of those herbivore males.

I can't wait for your thoughts on Blood Curse's ending. It doesn't seem like much until it hits you.

Also, I watched Academia. Cute, but it didn't reinvent the magical girl genre like Madoka Magica did.

I'll make a post about my impressions of Blood Curse when I finish. I'm aiming to get through three chapters every other night. I should probably make a LTTP for it; I haven't seen a Blood Curse thread since 2011.

I doubt we'll see something as trope-defining as Madoka Magica for at least half a decade. LWA is just a fun quality show OVA.

So Persona X Corpse Party?

Sure, why not.

Yeah, basically. The art style (i.e. character portrait) would mesh fairly well together too. We're getting a Fire Emblem X SMT. So anything is possible.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, basically. The art style (i.e. character portrait) would mesh fairly well together too. We're getting a Fire Emblem X SMT. So anything is possible.

I was just kidding; I don't want that to happen. And I don't think Persona looks anything like Corpse Party (thank goodness).

Levito

Banned
How long until? I'm on GMT+10 so if it's from 1am - 6am local time I won't be able to join.

Sorry man I forgot to check the thread out again after we started recording. Gave you and Dantis a special shout out though.

Remember folks if you guys ever want to be on for a particular topic, or if you'd like to suggest a topic then just send me a PM.

Dantis

Whoa whoa whoa!

No need to involve Miku in this.

I wish the developers of Yakuza 5 had said this.

Sorry man I forgot to check the thread out again after we started recording. Gave you and Dantis a special shout out though.

Remember folks if you guys ever want to be on for a particular topic, or if you'd like to suggest a topic then just send me a PM.

YES.

This means that I've been mentioned on three out of four podcasts (I don't think I was mentioned on the last one?). I'm pretty much an unofficial cast member at this point.

Marche90

Stayed up long enough without doing nothing to see Dantis awake again...

Ok, I seriously need to get some rest ._. (3:20 AM here)

See you guys in 10+ hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom