• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys buy persona 3 for the fourth time? I kinda think they'll release persona 3 platinum alongside the p3 movies and promote p5 with it.

If it combined Fes content (anime cutscenes, walking around outside of Tartarus, The Answer) and Portable content (direct party control, skill card stuff, FeMC) and if it were on Vita, I'd buy it day 1.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Sorry for the people who bought OG Ninja Gaiden 3

He impulsed bought a Wii U and was unhappy with his purchase. One of his reasons of getting it was NG3: RE, now it's coming out on PS3/360 with all the stuff that came on the Wii U version plus morel olol.

Marche90

Inorigo same the same thing on twitter haha.

That is, unless he doesn't throw the damn thing out the window first.

Doubt he will be able to. He would be crying whenever the first media of SMTXFE surfaces if that were to happen.

Either way, who knows how long it will take to get out of Japan, so, good for early adopters.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Doubt he will be able to. He would be crying whenever the first media of SMTXFE surfaces if that were to happen.

Either way, who knows how long it will take to get out of Japan, so, good for early adopters.

Considering all we had was an announcement that the game is being worked on (with no game footage), I'd probably wouldn't expect it until maybe late 2013 in Japan. Probably Spring to Summer 2014, maybe later outside NA.

It's one SMT game I'll miss, but eh.

So I got another fusion accident and I got Satan again, I am scared, Gaf.

Your game is possessed. Call an exorcist.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Man I'm lucky if I get ONE fusion accident in a playthorugh, and you've already gotten two of the best. >_>;

I didn't get one until I was just fusing random personae for the 50 fusion trophy. And that was on the last day of the game.

Jintor

Is it possible to get a Persona you haven't unlocked via social links through fusion accident?

That would be amazing. Roll to get Lucifer the rebel king of hell.

I want the updated P2 playable on PS3. I don't like playing long RPGs on handhelds. I got through P3P, but it was a chore. I much preferred relaxing with P3FES on my PS3.

Jintor

I want the updated P2 playable on PS3. I don't like playing long RPGs on handhelds. I got through P3P, but it was a chore. I much preferred relaxing with P3FES on my PS3.

Complete opposite

nothing like lying in bed at 3am thinking man i should go to sleep but this vita is right here let's just keep playing

Sophia

I never noticed it til now, but Aigis brings up the cross-dressing pageant indirectly in P4A when talking to Yosuke. That's hilarious. XD

Wow I just wasted 3 hours grinding in Tartarus :|
The Reaper appears more frequently now, but I only have 3 weeks before Nyx appears.
Also is Raphael any good?

Jintor

Also the Madman blu rays don't come with director's commentary what the fuck

picked up the soejima artbook it's got a big picture of aigis on the cover i want that figurine

Jintor

I played a little FFVII because I picked it up on the PSN sale. Man it really makes you appreciate a game made like a decade later. That's a trite thing to say but I don't care! Love the way that game smoothly cuts between cutscenes and engine, only possible because engine backgrounds are just videos anyway afaik or whatever but still

Shinypogs

Is there an average amount of time you can be on a floor before the reaper shows up? I'm kinda hesitant to play again now because I enjoy a good stroll through an area as opposed to the feeling of 'oh god find the stairs asap' that I'm now experiencing just setting foot onto any given floor. I kind of like that it's different and harder than the chest system in P4G but at the same time it's sucking the will to explore out of me.

I feel like golden as my first persona game has under prepared me for P3P where 'at some point you will die and lose progress' seems like a given.

Would most people prefer to see the reaper come back to persona 3 style appearances in P5?

Sophia

You have more than enough time to clear out an entire floor before the Reaper shows up. Usually you have to stay on a floor as three times as long as necessary. Unless you picked up one of the skull marked cards in Shuffle Time or it's a special floor (all gold shadows/no shadows/etc.)

Sophia

Oh, is that the one to get? P4 Design Works keeps popping up in my recommendations on Amazon and I'm thinking I'll take the plunge pretty soon.

Soejima's artbook is full of CG illustrations, paintings, and hand-drawn art. It's the source of my avatar too. Where as the Design Works is more concept arts and stuff. There's a bit of duplication tho if I understand correctly.

Jintor

they're both good

i hope udon brings over the arena artbook

Is there an average amount of time you can be on a floor before the reaper shows up? I'm kinda hesitant to play again now because I enjoy a good stroll through an area as opposed to the feeling of 'oh god find the stairs asap' that I'm now experiencing just setting foot onto any given floor. I kind of like that it's different and harder than the chest system in P4G but at the same time it's sucking the will to explore out of me.

There's god damn 250 levels of Tartarus. Get to the goddamn stairs and get out asap

also the ziodyne effect + sound is fucking ace. BLAST FROM THE HEAVENS. Way cooler than the megidola spells

FluxWaveZ

Wish everything Persona could be localized. There'll never be an English version of the P4A manga (or Persona 4: The Card Battle, or the Naoto spin-off novel, or the Yosuke spin-off manga
, or Eternal Punishment PSP
)...
2427940-whz6pk1.jpg

Jintor

Wish everything Persona could be localized. There'll never be an English version of the P4A manga

man think we'll even get the p4/p3 mangas? Even though tbh they're kind of eh?

I kinda wonder if The Magician is any good. Yosuke seems like exactly the kind of character who would fit a spin-off manga tbh

Squire

Banned
That's a pretty badass cover. I want Yosuke's head phones.

God, I'm so tempted to start P4G again. Might not be able to hold out for the EU release. I'm 7 and 1/2 hours into FES; 3 days before the first full moon.

man think we'll even get the p4/p3 mangas? Even though tbh they're kind of eh?

I kinda wonder if The Magician is any good. Yosuke seems like exactly the kind of character who would fit a spin-off manga tbh

Buddy comedy with him and Teddy. I'm telling you, guys: It's genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom