• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

Whilst I would also take issue with the statement on a personal level,
You'd be much more enjoyable to talk to if you'd lighten up once in a while.
I think me and Buddha are the only two regulars in the topic not interested in that kind of thing.

If there's one thing I noticed about Persona, it brings in people from EVERYWHERE. Anime nerds, fighting game people, even the shooter crowds.

It's a diverse thing.

finally finished persona 4 the animation.

meh at best. it was at least tolerable...

switching kanji's voice from troy baker to matthew mercer felt off. mercer at least tried to sound like baker's kanji...

Venfayth

Whilst I would also take issue with the statement on a personal level, I think me and Buddha are the only two regulars in the topic not interested in that kind of thing.

Your phrasing makes me think you might know I was being ironic, but I don't know if that was intentional.

Smedwicks also doesn't like anime. :D

Sophia

If there's one thing I noticed about Persona, it brings in people from EVERYWHERE. Anime nerds, fighting game people, even the shooter crowds.

It's a diverse thing.

Persona's just got that magical thing that somehow brings anime otaku, fighting game players, robots, reincarnations of the Buddha, and even Dantis together as one. :D

>2013
>Still using whilst

get with the times UK.

Just because you lack sophistication whilst speaking, does not mean we all do!

Dantis

>__________________>

Just saw this on the Arena EU Facebook page:

PERSONA EUROPE'S SWAG-A-LICIOUS CROSS-DRESSING COMPO!
You can all thank/blame Chris Winters for the theme of this one.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say who Chris Winters is, but you know who you are.

And you're a bad, bad person.

This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Let's have a group hug.

newsradio-group-hug.jpg

I probably look like a freak for hugging my laptop in public.

WORTH IT

Also I am infinitely sad that a better quality version of the Newsradio hug doesn't seem to exist :'(

Aw man, I finished P3 and since I wasn't playing FES I decided to check out The Answer online but, how the heck did I miss this?!

P3 ENDING SPOILERS:
The protagonist dies? What? Where was the mention of the sacrifice in the main story? They stick around until March and then just go? That flew right over my head.

FluxWaveZ

Aw man, I finished P3 and since I wasn't playing FES I decided to check out The Answer online but, how the heck did I miss this?!

P3 ENDING SPOILERS:
The protagonist dies? What? Where was the mention of the sacrifice in the main story? They stick around until March and then just go? That flew right over my head.

There are hints all over the place after the final battle concerning what's going to occur, but I was also unaware that
he died before starting The Answer, probably because I wanted him to live.

Trigger

P3 ENDING SPOILERS:

Like Flux said there's hints all over the place. It's easy to miss it given how serene the ending is and how very little it's discussed in depth post-P3.

There are hints all over the place after the final battle concerning what's going to occur, but I was also unaware that
he died before starting The Answer, probably because I wanted him to live.

At least I'm not the only one, I thought it was my incapability of reading between the lines kicking in again. I'm curious now, what were the hints? All I can think of is
the 'you feel very tired' prompts but that's happened so often in both P3 and 4 as a way of just getting you to skip to the next day I thought nothing of it.

Sophia

Can't. I'm not cool enough.

Too cool for school huh? :(

P3 ENDING SPOILERS:

Japanese audiences wouldn't have missed it, given the ending song is called
Memories of You

Dantis

Oh, all the butthurt posters cleared out? I might go back to it then.

Nah, I'm still there.

HUEHUEHUEHUE.

Thread of The Year

this is one of those times where "don't ever change" does not apply son, you disappoint me

*shrug*

Maybe I'll change my mind. Steam is actual factual dead at this point. If I wanted to chat and refused to go on IRC now, I'd be doing it just to be awkward, and that's too close to effort.

Sophia

Never a shortage of chatters in IRC. We got 12 people in there right now, and a few of us are always there cuz we can leave the client on and not get disconnected. :D

Dantis

So I just came across the native resolution version of the Arena art (It's here, if anyone is interested). I found it a few months ago, but forgot to save it, and found it again today on GAF, so that was a pleasant surprise.

THOUGHTS!:

In both Arena and Golden, he uses hand-drawn gradients in a more typical shading style, as opposed to just moving from top to bottom. I think the new way looks more dynamic, but also more cartoony.

Soejima's lineart is astounding. I mean, what the hell. It's flawless. I know that this is one of his most recent pictures, and his older stuff isn't nearly as sharp, but man, the level he's at now is insane.

Soejima works at an even higher resolution than I'd expected. The Arena cover is a 6k square (Or thereabouts).

Even though I can appreciate the technical qualities, I still don't like the illustration. ;)

PK Gaming

Like Flux said there's hints all over the place. It's easy to miss it given how serene the ending is and how very little it's discussed in depth post-P3.

By far the best hint was the great seal's HP requirement. It requires all of your HP to use, and we all know happens when your HP hits 0...

By far the best hint was the great seal's HP requirement. It requires all of your HP to use, and we all know happens when your HP hits 0...

Game over screen and X button bashing.

So I just came across the native resolution version of the Arena art (It's here, if anyone is interested). I found it a few months ago, but forgot to save it, and found it again today on GAF, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Soejima's lineart is astounding. I mean, what the hell. It's flawless. I know that this is one of his most recent pictures, and his older stuff isn't nearly as sharp, but man, the level he's at now is insane.

Thanks for sharing. Interesting... look at the top right corner, where Labrys' visor thingy is cut off. See those crossing lines? Wonder how he does the lineart, certainly doesn't seem freehand...

Omikaru

>__________________>

Just saw this on the Arena EU Facebook page:

I don't know if I'm allowed to say who Chris Winters is, but you know who you are.

And you're a bad, bad person.

Oh my god. That Chris Winters dude is such a fucking asshole.

He's me.

I'm going to ask for free stuff. Or if I can be a judge.

Dantis

Thanks for sharing. Interesting... look at the top right corner, where Labrys' visor thingy is cut off. See those crossing lines? Wonder how he does the lineart, certainly doesn't seem freehand...

It's the pen tool in Photoshop. Same way I did my Aigis picture.

He's just a lot better at it than me. ;)

Oh my god. That Chris Winters dude is such a fucking asshole.

He's me.

I'm going to ask for free stuff. Or if I can be a judge.

Wasn't sure if you'd want me to say it was you.

CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG NOW THOUGH, ISN'T IT?

Dantor pls

LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom