• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
I posted this in the Arcade stick thread but forgot to post it in here. This was the first time I tried to modify anything. It was one of those WWE Brawlsticks, and I put in Sanwa parts and obviously changed the graphic on the top.

mRjVeNDl.jpg

Best character in P4. Best Character in P4A. :)

I like you :)

Moonlight

Banned
Am I thinking to hard that there's something behind Rise being the the one to wear the uniform without altering it?
Just means Rise doesn't need to rely on any fashion gimmicks in order to stand out.

Yes, and Golden missed a real opportunity by not giving us costumes for her.
For certain, and it's weird because I feel like donning random costumes for the hell of it (or because Yu asked them) would fit in with Rise the most, out of the party.

Am I thinking to hard that there's something behind Rise being the the one to wear the uniform without altering it?

I would guess from a design standpoint she doesn't need to alter it because she's identifiable from her hairstyle anyway. Like Moonlight said, she already stands out.

And what the heck is waifu wars?

Meia

Sound out "waifu" in your head. Should be easy enough to figure out based on context after that. :p

More I play P2: IS for the first time, more I'm loving Maya. Great character.

Sophia

The question dodging implies this is probably something best left unknown?

"mai waifu" = my wife. Bastardized as how a Japanese person would say it. To say that a fictional character is your "waifu" is like proclaiming your love for them. It's.... very otaku-ish.

Everyone here is basically using the term in jest.

Or so I hope....

Venfayth

"mai waifu" = my wife. Bastardized as how a Japanese person would say it. To say that a fictional character is your "waifu" is like proclaiming your love for them. It's.... very otaku-ish.

Everyone here is basically using the term in jest.

Or so I hope....

Who's your waifu?

cjkeats

So it's like those crazy stories about otakus obsessing over idols... only fictional. Not sure which one is scarier.

95% of the time it's a joke. In here, it's always a joke just to get on the more uptight members nerves. *points to above posts*

There is that one guy in Japan who married a love plus character, but that's about as extreme as it gets.
I've been playing love plus and I don't know what he was thinking, these characters are awful.

Trigger

I'm jelly. The only Xenosaga merchandise I have left is a small artbook, and I don't actually remember how I got it (Gamestop probably).

That's another series I've missed out on. Is it related to Xenoblade?

No, they have the same creators and the Xeno-tag is all.

I own all 3 but haven't played them yet. Is it worth the time investment?

Yes, and then come back here so that we can all discuss it.

How have you not played them yet? lol

Sophia

I own all 3 but haven't played them yet. Is it worth the time investment?

Xenosaga 1 is very fun, if a bit dated. Xenosaga 3 is one of the best RPGs on the Playstation 2.

Skip Xenosaga 2 and watch the cutscenes online. Save yourself the pain.

That's another series I've missed out on. Is it related to Xenoblade?

Same creator, that's all. Xenoblade's storyline has nothing to do with Xenosaga, but they reuse a lot of similar plot points and details.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'm jelly. The only Xenosaga merchandise I have left is a small artbook, and I don't actually remember how I got it (Gamestop probably).

No, they have the same creators and the Xeno-tag is all.

Yes, and then come back here so that we can all discuss it.

How have you not played them yet? lol

I own like 30 ps2 RPGS I haven't gotten to yet. I keep saying I'll get to them soon but things keep popping up.

Astra

nprBDW2.jpg

Not pictured: Xenosaga 2 because I don't own it.

*robofist*

I LOVE this series. Two is my least favorite, but I still enjoy it a lot. The battle system is good in theory, but the implementation is a mess. Your average battles taking several minutes was just unbearably tedious.
unBEARably teddious
I am glad 3 was able to save the day... for the most part. I loved the extensive database 3.

Trigger

30 rpgs?!

I probably would have loved it had the game actually been finished properly. As it stands it's just a technical mess.

Yeah, I've read about the development issues regarding 2. I was not sad to see the art style ditched in the transition to Episode 3 though.

MikeDip

30 rpgs?!

Yeah, I've read about the development issues regarding 2. I was not sad to see the art style ditched in the transition to Episode 3 though.
30 isn't many is it? For someone who loves RPGs? I feel bad for not getting to them yet though.

MikeDip

I've never had a backlog so the idea of having so many unplayed games boggles my mind, lol.

Across all systems, my backlog is at minimum 200. Most likely higher... my 3ds says I've put 128 games in it,ds and 3ds(I test all my games), and I'm pretty sure I've only actually played like 20 of them.

MikeDip

Why not just buy games when you plan to play them? You'd save a ton of cash...

I have a thing for sales. If I know it's a game I want and it's on sale.... I will buy it. I always intend to play them right away, but things keep popping up.

Venfayth

Why not just buy games when you plan to play them? You'd save a ton of cash...

That's what I do :D

I'm not sure there's any TRUE justification for buying that many games, but once games truly become your hobby, even spending that amount of money on it is not really that bizarre compared to other hobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom