• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

I like the Yu v. Labrys art, but I think it would have been better suited for the manual or something. Cover needed dat Izanagi. Also, it showed off a significant portion of the cast.

Mazre

Progressing steadily through P2:IS and really enjoying it. I particularly like the 'rumors become reality' mechanic and feel they utilized it to great effect. It was pretty heavily telegraphed prior to entering the caves but it was still amusing to exit and suddenly
the third reich acting like they're the spanish inquisition

Tangentially related, I was waiting for movers to show up this morning and browsing the thread on my phone. Google ads provided me with an ad for "Meat Processing Software".

Squire

Banned
Death Note is good.

Mamoru Hasoda is a modern prodigy. (I haven't seen TGWLT, but the Digimon movies and Summer Wars are excellent and everyone swears by Wolf Children.)

Necrovex

Death Note is good.

Mamoru Hasoda is a modern prodigy. (I haven't seen TGWLT, but the Digimon movies and Summer Wars are excellent and everyone swears by Wolf Children.)

I loved The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. If the Blu-Ray didn't cost an obscene price, I would buy it.

I am excited to see Wolf Children.

Sophia

Today I learned: Everything stops Ceaser in Persona 4 Arena. Including, apparently, Labrys's 5A. And when I learned this Guile's theme was playing in the background.

cjkeats

I have literally heard nothing but good things about it. I think it's on Netflix, so I'll probably watch it soon.
If you enjoy it, give Summer Wars and Wolf Children a watch too. All from the same director, Mamoru Hosoda, and he is quite good at what he does. I believe Wolf Children is geting dubbed soon if that's your preferable way to watch.
That said, I haven't seen TGWLTT myself yet, even though I've had it sitting here for ages.
Might do that tonight now that I've been reminded of it.
I never thought DN fell off, but I watched it on TV. I think there was a year-long gap between it, too.

I watched it all at once, so maybe it came across as different, but everything in the second half after you know what happened just felt unnecessary. And Mello and Near sucked.

TWILT

Banned
Death Note is amazing up till episode 25.

The last 12 episodes (26-37 where
Near and Mello enter the story
) are okay IMO, but I know people who can't stand it lol.

Moonlight

Banned
I actually think Summer Wars is Hosoda's weakest work. Which isn't to say it's bad at all, as Hosoda is a fucking spectacular director, just that it felt like a move that tried to put too much on its' plate and the pace and handling of content suffered somewhat as a result. Still a great film, but would've gone down better with some trimming.

Everyone should watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and particularly Wolf Children, though. Easily his strongest, most confident work yet.

Dantis

So I just played Omikaru at Arena for a few games.
Honestly, I actually enjoyed it. I still have a problem with a lot of stuff with the game, but playing against a real persona is definitely enjoyable at least to some extent.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Honestly, I actually enjoyed it. I still have a problem with a lot of stuff with the game, but playing against a real persona is definitely enjoyable at least to some extent.
wow you actually played it huh

Kazzy

Maybe you should try to avoid making unsubstantive posts in the future then - about a game you had never even played, no less!

You've been P4A's biggest detractor for so long. Now that's just mean!

Dantis

Maybe you should try to avoid making unsubstantive posts in the future then - about a game you had never even played, no less!

You've been P4A's biggest detractor for so long. Now that's just mean!

If it makes you feel better, I still have, like, mega problems with this game. It is absolutely not a Persona game, which is where most of my problems stem from.

But I figured I should try and keep it positive in here. Everyone got rather upset with me in the Arena OT. ;)

Risette

A Good Citizen
If it makes you feel better, I still have, like, mega problems with this game. It is absolutely not a Persona game, which is where most of my problems stem from.

But I figured I should try and keep it positive in here. Everyone got rather upset with me in the Arena OT. ;)
It says Persona on the box.

Levito

Banned

What constitutes being a Persona game or not?

We're about to reach last.fm forums level of elitism! Superiority seniority maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Squire

Banned
If they go with that Ska-themed OST for P5 as we suggested, I would like remixes of Smash Mouth's "All-Star" and "Can't Get Enough Of You, Baby".

Or just license the originals.

If they go with that Ska-themed OST for P5 as we suggested, I would like remixes of Smash Mouth's "All-Star" and "Can't Get Enough Of You, Baby".

Or just license the originals.

it would be remixes so they can have that awful vocalist awkwardly trying to sing in english while never once hitting the correct key, as is custom in the Persona series nowadays.

Dantis

Dale North from Destructoid just remixed Heartbeat, Heartbreak, it's pretty good!

Times like this remind me how much I like Persona 4.

I really, really like Persona 4.

As an aside, that's a neat remix.

it would be remixes so they can have that awful vocalist awkwardly trying to sing in english while never once hitting the correct key, as is custom in the Persona series nowadays.

I find the broken English and gibberish lyrics somewhat charming.

Dantis

Good thing it doesn't!

I was trying to work out if he was being ironic, haha.

Yeah, stop having so much contempt for the series you like!

Only Arena and Golden, brah. I love everything else.

But man, those two games really rub me the wrong way. You may have noticed.

I was trying to figure out if pizzaroll was being ironic or not. hahaha

Can I jinx you over the Internet?

cj_iwakura

I was trying to work out if he was being ironic, haha.

Only Arena and Golden, brah. I love everything else.

But man, those two games really rub me the wrong way. You may have noticed.

I enjoyed Arena, but I agree on Golden. It takes P4 in entirely the wrong direction. I think Arena was more true to P4's tone than Golden.

Kazzy

I think what pizzaroll is trying to say, is that it's the best, because it doesn't bear the SMT name.

No overbearing expectations to consider!

Dantis

I enjoyed Arena, but I agree on Golden. It takes P4 in entirely the wrong direction. I think Arena was more true to P4's tone than Golden.

I feel like Arena is much more shallow than P4, though most of my problems come from the way the story is presented. If it was more concise, and a bit less fan-fictiony, I wouldn't be as bothered by it.

So many people mad about videogames.

I complain about Arena (And previously, Golden) a lot, but it's just text. In reality I'm chill.

cj_iwakura

I feel like Arena is much more shallow than P4, though most of my problems come from the way the story is presented. If it was more concise, and a bit less fan-fictiony, I wouldn't be as bothered by it.

Golden is even MORE fanfictiony. But if Arena is the crazy action/sentai kind of fanfic, Golden's the eroge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom