• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Mhmm. Daisuke Ishiwatari is the Guilty Gear character designer. His own art has this really retro heavy metal look to it, so I guess it maybe clashes with Blazblue's art.

Mori's actual designs are often decent, but some of his portraits look way off to me. The new Noel portrait is a great example.

I think he draws male characters much better than females, also.

Well Mori is an unapologetic fetishist, so yeah.

Squire

Banned
I am the law.

220px-Dredd2012Poster.jpg

PK Gaming

Just got back from seeing Iron Man 3!

Overall it was a pretty good movie. The opening half was standard stuff, with things I liked (likeable leads) and things I didn't like (lame script, stupid plot points). The final act of the movie is the best climax i've seen in recent memory. Even if you didn't like 75% of the movie, that final act absolutely makes up for it.

Meia

I was new but two months ago; now look at me! I've clawed my way to the bottom rung here faster than the Flash on speed!

Could be worse: Your first posts ever on a site like neogaf could be in this very thread as you slowly try to weasel your way into a community you've read posts from for years. :p

Heck, didn't even know there was much of an anime-gaf. Learn something new every day.

And don't care, original Dredd was AWESOME.

Overall it was a pretty good movie. The opening half was standard stuff, with things I liked (likeable leads) and things I didn't like (lame script, stupid plot points). The final act of the movie is the best climax i've seen in recent memory. Even if you didn't like 75% of the movie, that final act absolutely makes up for it.

Fire-breathing Guy Pearce
ruined any kind of seriousness that the movie was going for, but
Trevor Slattery
made everything okay.

Man, I want that guy to have his own movie.

Rhapsody

Banned
I guess I'm the only one here that doesn't like Mori's art in BB. :-/
Much preferred CS's art.

Agreed. Just saw it yesterday and thought the movie was great, especially the end.

Easily in the top 5 best superhero movies. EASILY.

What's your Top 5?

I think mine is:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Under The Red Hood
5. Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

If we're just talking comic book movies in general than Scott Pilgrim is my definite #1 and Sin City replaces either Superman II or Red Hood.

PK Gaming

Amanda winn-lee interview / podcast thing.

A very enjoyable listen and it was posted recently. She seems like a really cool person / great person to talk to... who knows, she might agree to show up on S.link :p

(that said, i'd probably ask her a few months down the line)

I love how she has a penchant for laughing like Yukiko.

EDIT: I haven't done her justice, omg. She's a GEM.

Necrovex

If we're just talking comic book movies in general than Scott Pilgrim is my definite #1 and Sin City replaces either Superman II or Red Hood.

It's hard going back to Scott Pilgrim after reading the comic. I always just become so sad how the film massacred Kim's and Envy's development. :-(

cjkeats

Guys no one told me Ayana Taketatsu was Labrys in JP. This is a big deal to me. Time to replay arena with Japanese voices.
It's hard going back to Scott Pilgrim after reading the comic. I always just become so sad how the film massacred Kim's and Envy's development. :-(

I hear you on that one. God those comics are good.

cjkeats

Her accent throws me off whenever I listen to the Japanese track. Ayana Taketatsu's performance is great however.

*points to avatar* Always is.
I haven't heard any of Arena in japanese yet, only the announcers when I played someone using them. I've been meaning to refresh the story in that and go for some of the 360 achievements seeing as I bought that version and never played it.

Rhapsody

Banned
I pretty much stuck with Arena's English VAs until I stopped playing story mode. Gonna switch it back when I get around to finishing Labrys's story mode (whenever that is).

I'm more bummed about how Roxy and the Katyanagi twins' fights are basically reduced to almost random encounters with little buildup, but I think the movie as a whole is more than the sum of its parts. It's still got excellent writing and directing (thank you based Edgar Wright), the visuals are fantastic and among the most true to the source material I've ever seen, and the cinematography is amazing (seriously; I love the way they shot my home city).

I still think it could have benefitted a lot from being split into two parts (Books 1-3 and 4-6), but as it is it's my favourite comic book movie and one of my Top 10 movies of all time, so I can't complain too much :)

Uraizen

Banned
*points to avatar* Always is.
I haven't heard any of Arena in japanese yet, only the announcers when I played someone using them. I've been meaning to refresh the story in that and go for some of the 360 achievements seeing as I bought that version and never played it.

You sure about that? I had mine set to japanese voices when we played.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm never switching to japanese audio in Arena. Japanese Rise navigator is near ear grating.

Haha, a lot of people would agree. I don't mind it so much, but I definitely understand.

I don't like Japanese Yosuke though. Makes him sound too much of a joke character or something.

Levito

Banned
What's your Top 5?

I think mine is:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Under The Red Hood
5. Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

Should just say comic book movies, mine would be:

1.) The Dark Knight
2.) Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
3.) Dredd
4.) The Dark Knight Rises
5.) Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom