• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikaru

It's never going to be a Microsoft exclusive, so I wouldn't worry about that! ;P

Imagine the meltdowns, though. Blimey. Though I'm not sure even Persona 5 is enough to make me buy Microsoft hardware, mind.

Meia

I would probably give any amount of monies to wake up one day and suddenly see Atlus's like entire catalogue on Steam or something.

Won't happen I know, but still, one can dream. :)

I own every system, so it shouldn't matter which system the game finds it's way on, but I don't want the choice to make the game suffer. I can't see that not being the case if 3DS is the one tapped, so that's why I'm hoping it won't be. Lot of logical reasons why it won't be, but there are also logical reasons why 4 Arena shouldn't have taken 11 months to cross a pond either.

It's never going to be a Microsoft exclusive, so I wouldn't worry about that! ;P

Imagine the meltdowns, though. Blimey. Though I'm not sure even Persona 5 is enough to make me buy Microsoft hardware, mind.

It would force me to temporarily skip P5 at least, since I'm not a fan of Microsoft or their business model. I would pick up the inevitible remake, though ;)

But jesus; the meltdowns. It would be like Bayonettagate on a catastrophic scale.

Sophia

Forget the meltdowns here; I'd wanna see the kind of meltdowns the Japanese fanbase would have. It'd almost be worth it.

Why? It would make sense with crossplay.

That's what I said, but Dantis seems to think the system will be too weak for it. Or at least he did think that.

Dantis

Why? It would make sense with crossplay.

A direct port isn't possible. A scaled down port is feasible depending on the scale of the game, but would require outsourcing to a seperate company (Like when Bluepoint was hired to port Playstation All Stars).

If it's going to be on Vita it will be later on, I'm sure of it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
A direct port isn't possible. A scaled down port is feasible depending on the scale of the game, but would require outsourcing to a seperate company (Like when Bluepoint was hired to port Playstation All Stars).

Are you still grossly underestimating what the Vita is capable of

Sophia

Oh come on? Since when has ever Atlus outsourced a MegaTen port in their 25 year history? :D

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Can you imagine it with Japanese fans and they way they behave? Someone would like, burn their entire Persona collection and destroy all their figures and stuff and make a ragepost on 2ch.

The meltdown will be glorious.

I mean they already did it when the PS3 port of ToV was announced.

Sophia

Lol.

Which is why Bluepoint was hired to port Playstation Allstars. Because it's trivial.

This conversation is fast becoming a farce.

Everything about Playstation Allstars's development history suggests the Vita version wasn't planned originally. Hence Bluepoint's involvement.

And it's not exactly trivial to scale something down. It all depends on what your development pipeline looks like.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Lol.

Which is why Bluepoint was hired to port Playstation Allstars. Because it's trivial.

This conversation is fast becoming a farce.
No, because you can't just wedge a separate project into an existing project no matter how trivial it is. It's a management and planning issue.

Dantis

This is silly because it's all speculatory anyway.

I am almost certain that it will not happen. Whilst possible, it seems infeasible to me.

That's all there is to it.

Sophia

Again, it's all about the development. If they intended to go for PS3/Vita, then it's not an unrealistic or infeasible goal at all.

Risette

A Good Citizen
This is silly because it's all speculatory anyway.

I am almost certain that it will not happen. Whilst possible, it seems infeasible to me.

That's all there is to it.
The most feasible reason for it not happening at launch is that a $40 (or JP equivalent) MSRP would eat into their console sales.

But with the importance of handheld gaming in Japan, and how Index has already planted the seeds for the Persona brand on Vita, I can't see it not happening at all. Most likely is a few months down the line with crossplay, ala DoA5 or the like.

Sophia

Amusing discovery.

http://webchat.globalgamers.net/

Works on the Vita. :)

2013-05-12-1148271nbiv.jpg
2013-05-12-1205111aa0e.jpg

Dantis

All this talk of Persona 5 is making me sad. It's such an unknown quantity at this point. I wish we knew something. COME ON ATLUS YOU'RE KILLING ME.

Also, probably going to play Arena later with Noi. Anyone want to join?

Sophia

If it's early enough, I'll join. I have one final raid in WoW before I go subscription free, but that's not til after you go to bed usually.

cj_iwakura

All this talk of Persona 5 is making me sad. It's such an unknown quantity at this point. I wish we knew something. COME ON ATLUS YOU'RE KILLING ME.

Also, probably going to play Arena later with Noi. Anyone want to join?

Sure thing, keep me posted.

And they could do worse than that adult noir motif the fan music channel has suggested.

Kazzy

Persona is pretty anime, I don't see what's wrong here.

Persona is extremely anime, whatever that means. I feel that many use it simply as a misnomer, and it's hard to divorce it from the preconception that runs deep for some. Unfortunately, that means that it's essentially a derogatory term around these parts, a lazy crutch - separate from any real meaning, that people like to implicate in their grandstanding.

Maybe it's indicative of a portion of anime, but it's not all anime. The same applies for anything else really, but things becoming homogenized - though you'd hope that things can still be judged on their own terms.

Using such tags, well, it just stifles discussion.

cj_iwakura

Persona is extremely anime, whatever that means. I feel that many use it simply as a misnomer, and it's hard to divorce it from the preconception that runs deep for some. Unfortunately, that means that it's essentially a derogatory term around these parts, a lazy crutch - separate from any real meaning, that people like to implicate in their grandstanding.

Maybe it's indicative of a portion of anime, but it's not all anime. The same applies for anything else really, but things becoming homogenized - though you'd hope that things can still be judged on their own terms.

Using such tags, well, it just stifles discussion.

Persona 1 and 2 feel pretty divorced from a lot of anime tropes, but I think that's because they're more SMT influenced.

Yamai outright said they got Doi to do SMTIV's art to make it more accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom