• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
These two pics from the pirated box art thread made me smile:

GlI7IPU.jpg

This reminds me of that tweet that Nich posted about some Persona/BLOPS2 game. (He was joking of course)

http://i.imgur.com/2wzkvvn.jpg

I imagine a lot of folks were probably really confused about the differences between "Weak to Physical" and "Weak to Attack."

I know I was! I just chalked it up to "well, the game has 3,422,656 different elements, I guess they just ran out of descriptors" and kept casting NukeMore/Megidola on everything.

Noi

Re-license Dante. Replace his character model with Dino. Problem solved.

I puked a little just typing that.

Marche90

No point in re-licensing Dante when they have a perfectly good version with Raidou. =P

Sadly with Atlus, I doubt that they would be willing to translate it. Normally that's how they roll. And probably you knew that. Captain leaving now

Also, rofl at the covers. Although they look kind of badass... I think?

Noi

No point in re-licensing Dante when they have a perfectly good version with Raidou. =P

No need to do translations of the Raidou stuff, since that's /technically/ a different game! I can't imagine it'd take more effort to just re-license something than take the effort to hack up and edit what's essentially a different version of the game. It's the reason why we have a PS3 Tales of Graces f in the US, but not a Wii version.

We aren't getting either anyway. ._.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
No need to do translations of the Raidou stuff, since that's /technically/ a different game! I can't imagine it'd take more effort to just re-license something than take the effort to hack up and edit what's essentially a different version of the game. It's the reason why we have a PS3 Tales of Graces f in the US, but not a Wii version.

We aren't getting either anyway. ._.

I thought it was because the Wii version was an awful buggy piece of shit.

Enjoy this nightmare fuel.

Eccc6lp.jpg

Noi

I thought it was because the Wii version was an awful buggy piece of shit.

There's that too, but people were seriously arguing in favor of Namco localizing the Wii version alongside Graces f.

"They're already translating the PS3 version, it's the same game but with less content!"

cj_iwakura

Funny thing is, that third cover uses the original font for Devil Summoner, before they changed it to the more elegant one.
(It was on the original PS1/Saturn game disc too.)

Dantis

The second one is not that different from what we got with Golden.

Haha, this is funny because it's true. Still not sure what Soejima was thinking with that one.

In other news, I just went and sold my only Wii U game. Now I'm definitely going to get a lot of use out of the console.

Dantis

I actually thought it might be someone imitating Soejima when I first saw it. It's a lot more cartoony than his usual work.

Jintor

I think he was super into brush pens when he was doing P3P. It's a lot more thick lines, massive pools of shadow and sketchy-quickness-character captures in all the P3 art compared to his usual thin lines/more painterly style

Dantis

It's just the way his style went. In P3 he was still imitating Kaneko to a large extent. It was only after P3 was out that he started doing his two-colour shading.

.JayZii

Banned
What if Persona 5 had a Final Fantasy X style party member system for battles? Where you can only 3 (or in this case 4) party members out, but you can swap them with the reserves at any time. They would have to make the game more difficult to compensate, but it would be nice to make use of all my party members without having to go and grind to keep them at the same level as my main characters.

Marche90

I dunno, maybe he could buy some games?

btw, Dantis, did you try the ZombiU demo (or any other demo, for that matter)? Or are you still having troubles getting online (iirc it was you who had that problem, right?

And please, to everybody: stop scarring my brain. I doubt that I will be able to remove those images in a long time ;_;

btw, Dantis, did you try the ZombiU demo (or any other demo, for that matter)? Or are you still having troubles getting online (iirc it was you who had that problem, right?

And please, to everybody: stop scarring my brain. I doubt that I will be able to remove those images in a long time ;_;

I am so, so sorry :(

Squire

Banned
Hey, guys! Jason Schreier from Kotaku just tweeted he's gonna post his piece on Atlus on a bit. It's like the one for XSEED last month, so there should be some good stuff.

Marche90

Finally! I almost forgot that he was going to do one about Atlus too, since a long time passed between them...

Still, this should be good

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, that should be good. The XSEED one was a very good read and it will be interesting to compare the localization process of both companies.

There should be a picture of their office with "ETERNAL PUNISHMENT" written on a whiteboard in the article.

Dantis

Doorstop.

Haha, pretty much. Can't believe Rayman is multiplat now too.

I rarely buy games unless I really, really want them. Mostly I rent them, and I can't rent Wii U games.

The only game on the system I'd even consider owning (And did own) was NG3. Which is now coming out on Xbox. :/

Nintendo must be really on edge right now.

Hey, guys! Jason Schreier from Kotaku just tweeted he's gonna post his piece on Atlus on a bit. It's like the one for XSEED last month, so there should be some good stuff.

Might be interesting. The XSEED one was great, but they're a more interesting company, I feel, because they're not developers.

EDIT: Speak of the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom