• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Ok so I started Persona 2 for real this time

-Haha, Tatsuya's animation when Lisa first appears is priceless. He shakes his head like crazy, and throws both of his hands in the air
-What's up with those kids with bandages on their face~ yeuch
-Not quite sure I get the Jokers game. I feel bad for Eikichi's bros though :(
-Cursed emblem? Why are people readily accepting this >_>
-Haime, Holeen, What-are-you-saying
-So this Eikichi guy could summon his Persona BEFORE everyone else? I don't I think I like the implication
-I already like the Tatsuya, Lisa, Eikichi core. In fact, I love that trio core in general (Makoto, Yukari and Junpei | Yu, Yosuke and Chie)
-Talking to your friends at different locals = love it
-clack, clack, clack, clack, clack. i love the walking sound effect ♪

Playing P4A right now. I've gone through the first parts of Chei and Yu. The story feels like its just dragging. The only interesting parts are when Persona 3 characters pop in. Does this get better? Is it worth doing? I actually like the fighting and I'm wondering if I should just focus on multiplayer.

Dantis

Playing P4A right now. I've gone through the first parts of Chei and Yu. The story feels like its just dragging. The only interesting parts are when Persona 3 characters pop in. Does this get better? Is it worth doing? I actually like the fighting and I'm wondering if I should just focus on multiplayer.

It's bad throughout. The Labrys story is a little better but still terribly slow.

Meia

Catherine was a good experience, better if you like puzzle games. I hadn't played one in quite a bit, so that game came out at the perfect time.

I found Naoto's + the P3 cast's story of P4A good, but even then only the first time really. Be nice if you didn't have to play through EVERYONE'S, but nah, have to for some reason. At least they try mixing things up with Kanji/Teddie, original 4 being all samey kind of sucked. Nice getting all of their unique takes on things, but still became tedious.

Meia

I'm almost afraid to buy any game that's been available for PS+ at this point, even if it's in another region not my own. I have Catherine, but I wouldn't buy it, even as a US PS+ member, in case it comes out over here too finally for it.

Sophia

I feel like we haven't had a good argument about anything lately.

Someone say something controversial!

Aigis is the worst character in the franchise. Dantis is usually right. Persona 4 Golden's fanservice sucks. Persona 4 Arena sucks. Persona 3 Portable sucks because it's compromised. Persona 3 FES sucks because it doesn't have Portable's additions. The Female Protagonist is boring and stupid and adds nothing to Persona 3. Maya is the second worst character in the franchise. Persona 2 sucks for never getting a proper English release. Turnip's opinions are usually pretty amazing and we should all take them super seriously. Persona 1 sucks, as does both of it soundtracks. Atlus sucks. Megami Tensei sucks and is too hard. Persona 5 will suck even worse when they load it up with fanservicy stuff and continue directly off from P4A's plot with writing so bad Sonic 2006 will look good. I like potatoes, but potatoes suck too because of Spudd Love!

Ken is the only good character in the franchise.

Did I get everything? :p

Venfayth

Aigis is the worst character in the franchise. Dantis is usually right. Persona 4 Golden's fanservice sucks. Persona 4 Arena sucks. Persona 3 Portable sucks because it's compromised. Persona 3 FES sucks because it doesn't have Portable's additions. The Female Protagonist is boring and stupid and adds nothing to Persona 3. Maya is the second worst character in the franchise. Persona 2 sucks for never getting a proper English release. Turnip's opinions are usually pretty amazing and we should all take them super seriously. Persona 1 sucks, as does both of it soundtracks. Atlus sucks. Megami Tensei sucks and is too hard. Persona 5 will suck even worse when they load it up with fanservicy stuff and continue directly off from P4A's plot with writing so bad Sonic 2006 will look good. I like potatoes, but potatoes suck too because of Spudd Love!

tumblr_m3itjue5Ed1r7wh5o.gif

FluxWaveZ

Cannot stop making these:
ibccE4cgM1qhpR.gif

They're not great, but GifCam makes it convenient as opposed to using VirtualDub + GIMP which I was doing before.

Sophia

Oh yeah, forgot one: PersonaGAF sucks because it keeps using too many animated images! :)

(This controversy brought to you by Venfayth.)

i_b_29a2.bin_1neorx.png

Dantis

Was listening to the Gatsby soundtrack because my hairdresser was telling me how bad it's meant to be. Didn't like it at all, but I'm really digging this song used in the trailer.

edit: I also just checked Ebay for the Arena Arranged OST, and weirdly nobody has put it up for sale. Tons of bloody vinyls up though.

My plan may have been foiled.

PK Gaming

Cannot stop making these:
ibccE4cgM1qhpR.gif

They're not great, but GifCam makes it convenient as opposed to using VirtualDub + GIMP which I was doing before.

Yu was the only reason why I kept up with the anime. While most of the characters were infamously dumbed down, Yu became a lot better. He... transcended the original "silent" protagonist. So good ♪

What implication?

He used his Persona to beat the shit out of unsuspecting individuals? There's a massive difference in how people react to things in Persona 2. That Tamaki chick and her boss are demon summoners. People wear bandages after their faces melt off and go back to school instead of going insane.

Venfayth

Yu was the only reason why I kept up with the anime. While most of the characters were infamously dumbed down, Yu became a lot better. He... transcended the original "silent" protagonist. So good ♪

Yup. His swag really started to come through. The concept of Persona is really exemplified in his personality, he's always the person he's with needs him to be. He can freely switch between all his appropriate Personas whenever necessary!

PK Gaming

Yup. His swag really started to come through. The concept of Persona is really exemplified in his personality, he's always the person he's with needs him to be. He can freely switch between all his appropriate Personas whenever necessary!

I still maintain that the best 2 episodes in the anime were the social link episodes (Yu going around town helping people). Getting to see things from Nanako's perspective and switching to Yu's perspective was amazing.

Rhapsody

Banned
Anyone with a decent internet connection want to play me in P4A later today? Haven't played in awhile.
There's a tourney tomorrow that I may or may not have time for, so I might as well warm up just in case.

FluxWaveZ

I still maintain that the best 2 episodes in the anime were the social link episodes (Yu going around town helping people). Getting to see things from Nanako's perspective and switching to Yu's perspective was amazing.

Mine are
Mitsuo's
Shadow and the final boss episodes (and possibly Yu's Shadow). They took what was in the game and represented the events in such a way that made it really appealing. Still wish the anime had covered the events of the "Final Hours" Game Over event, but eh.

Anyone with a decent internet connection want to play me in P4A later today? Haven't played in awhile.
There's a tourney tomorrow that I may or may not have time for, so I might as well warm up just in case.

Sure. Good connection, though it always depends on distance.

Gadirok

Finally got past the first 2 hours of P4:G again.

I lost my old save when I switched memory cards a while ago to the 32gb.

And I had some trouble against Yosuke's shadow the first time I played and died. I died this time too but got through on the second try. Going through all that text before that fight was annoying though since the last save point was a good 10 minutes away.

Dantis

Finally got past the first 2 hours of P4:G again.

I lost my old save when I switched memory cards a while ago to the 32gb.

And I had some trouble against Yosuke's shadow the first time I played and died. I died this time too but got through on the second try. Going through all that text before that fight was annoying though since the last save point was a good 10 minutes away.

If you press Start twice it goes into fast forward and you can blast through scenes.

FluxWaveZ

After making another gif, I've just noticed that
in Persona 4's ending, Yu is sitting in the train seat opposite to the one he was sitting in when he was first going to Inaba
. (Persona 4 spoilers)

tumblr_m6cxbx4MgW1qg8477.png

Dantis

There's so many things like that in P4. I love it.

EDIT: I just realised that SMT4 is next week. I really wouldn't be surprised if we heard something regarding P5 within the next month because of it.

Astra

It's a good thing Chrome no longer has a stroke when there are too many GIFs!

I just realised that SMT4 is next week. I really wouldn't be surprised if we heard something regarding P5 within the next month because of it.

Damn, I didn't realize it was so close. I never did preorder it. I best get it asap to get the first print goodies.

Squire

Banned
There's so many things like that in P4. I love it.

EDIT: I just realised that SMT4 is next week. I really wouldn't be surprised if we heard something regarding P5 within the next month because of it.

Have they placed a major release and a major reveal close together before?

Joqu

After making another gif, I've just noticed that
in Persona 4's ending, Yu is sitting in the train seat opposite to the one he was sitting in when he was first going to Inaba
. (Persona 4 spoilers)

tumblr_m6cxbx4MgW1qg8477.png
That reminds me, does anyone know what the hell happened to hiimdaisy's photobucket account? It's gone and everything used to be archived there. :(

So I've been playing P4 lately, and yesterday I fought that
gay
shadow. :lol

I'm loving this game now, the OST is m-a-g-i-c, dungeons are still boring though, ugh.

Every Persona game has the same "mystery dungeon" design right? They better make some changes on Persona 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom