• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

With the new Guilty Gear Xrd announcement, I think we can completely rule out a sequel to P4A anytime soon. One team is working on Blazblue, another on Guilty Gear.

I think they meant it when they said it was a one-shot collaboration. Whatever story hooks it setup have been left to Atlus to resolve.

Trigger

With the new Guilty Gear Xrd announcement, I think we can completely rule out a sequel to P4A anytime soon. One team is working on Blazblue, another on Guilty Gear.

But I wanted a playable Junpei and Yukari.
r4CiE.png

FluxWaveZ

I think they said something to the effect that after P4A, they had to go back to their own projects, making a sequel unlikely.

I don't remember that at all. What I do remember is an interview where ASW stated that they'd be interested in working with Atlus again if they wanted to. I'll try to find the link.

Edit: Crap, can't find it, though I do vividly remember an interview stating the above. Either way, I agree that GGXrd means that there probably won't be a P4A2 anytime soon.

cj_iwakura

Well, I know not to trust Pizzaroll's opinion on shmups. I love Under Defeat.

Amazing music, too. Not too fond of the massive hitbox, but it's that type of game.

Love the risk/reward option charging mechanic.

Sophia

Well, I know not to trust Pizzaroll's opinion on shmups. I love Under Defeat.

Amazing music, too. Not too fond of the massive hitbox, but it's that type of game.

Love the risk/reward option charging mechanic.

Under Defeat is an amazing game. Shame it's only a mere five stages long, tis what's always prevented me form buying it, instead of just watching YouTube videos of it.

Of course, now that it's down to a reasonable price....

And they announce it three days after I bought the PS3 and Vita games off PSN. Man this game looks like it'll be good though

GG Xrd is a ways off I bet. They didn't even announce systems or which Unreal Engine it was.

cj_iwakura

Under Defeat is an amazing game. Shame it's only a mere five stages long, tis what's always prevented me form buying it, instead of just watching YouTube videos of it.

Of course, now that it's down to a reasonable price....

Get the disc version. Comes with a digital artbook and the soundtrack, and it's the same price if not cheaper than digital.

The art's nice too. Wasn't this a Dreamcast game as well?

Sophia

Get the disc version. Comes with a digital artbook and the soundtrack, and it's the same price if not cheaper than digital.

The art's nice too. Wasn't this a Dreamcast game as well?

Yeah it was originally for the Dreamcast. The HD game is just a remaster, like God of War HD.

The Dreamcast version is absurdly expensive too. :p

PK Gaming

Grover (Yu player) coming back from losers, making it to the finals, resetting the bracket and winning the whole damn thing.

CROSS SLASH TO VICTORY

images

Squire

Banned
I think The Evil Within will be very solid in terms of gameplay, but not even slightly scary.

I doubt it too. Tense like RE, but hardly scary.

I'll give it a chance. I'd agree if they were calling it the spiritual successor to RE4 or something, but he says he's going to back to pure horror. The supposedly psychological slant and the art they've shown supports that, I think.

Not that it matters though. RE4 is a great game. Never cared if it was scary or not.

Also, GGXS is probably UE4/PS4.

PK Gaming

Man

I already beat P2's first boss but damn

this game is way, way, way, too easy. Like i'm on hard and enemies are still dealing to little damage.

Anyway I can up the difficulty here?

FluxWaveZ

For the first time, Shin Megami Tensei IV will be a main numbered title for a handheld console. Yamai talked about their reason for going portable.

“Actually, nobody from our development staff felt that it was required to make a main numbered title on a non-handheld console,” Yamai says. “If anything, we believe that handhelds are perfect for RPGs that involve character growth. For example, you can try fusing some demons before going to bed and fall asleep after making one that satisfies you, or test out any demons you made.”

“You can open it whenever and simply put it in sleep mode when you close it. I believe that handheld consoles allow you to enjoy it in this lighthearted way.”

— Siliconera

Let's see if the Persona Team's philosophy differs from Team Maniacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom