• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
original

Persona Community Thread OT2: Use of the "W-word" is now bannable

I would love to see how many pages this place can go without discussing waifus in a waifu like manor. 1?

Mononoke

Banned
I want to start collecting figurines. Is there specific sites you guys go to, to buy them? I just want to make sure I'm not buying fakes etc. Also, I know most of these are imported, and some are rare, so I expect to pay a high price for some (those Rise figurines are like $80+ dammmn).

But yeah, here is a couple I was looking at getting:

http://www.amazon.com/Wave-Persona4-Kujikawa-Beach-Queens/dp/B0086QF01E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369015673&sr=8-1&keywords=Rise+persona+4

http://www.amazon.com/Figma-Persona-4-Yukiko-Amagi/dp/B007T4JFGU/ref=pd_sim_t_2

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Factory-Persona-figurine-Satonaka/dp/B007F89NHQ/ref=pd_sim_t_1

LOL the price on these ones.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00292B9F2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BDT67C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

But basically, was just wondering if I order some from Amazon, if they should be good? Obviously I'll look around for the best prices etc. So if you have suggestions for better sites/prices, or even models (figurines that are better than the ones I linked) - let me know. I'll be building up a collection. :)

cjkeats

I've ordered a few from Amiami, including that Chie Figma. I'd reccomend them. Prices are usually good, and shipping is surprisingly fast for coming from Japan, faster than coming from the US to Canada for me.

Max factory figures, like the nendos and figmas are dangerous for fakes though. I wouldn't recommend ording from eBay, especially if the seller is located in china.

Mononoke

Banned
I've ordered a few from Amiami, including that Chie Figma. I'd reccomend them. Prices are usually good, and shipping is surprisingly fast for coming from Japan, faster than coming from the US to Canada for me.

Max factory figures, like the nendos and figmas are dangerous for fakes though. I wouldn't recommend ording from eBay, especially if the seller is located in china.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. That's a bummer. I'll have to be really cautious then.

PK Gaming

Came across this little gem in Persona 2:

Maya: Hmm...it's true that big boobs are heavy...they make my shoulders so stiff! They get in the way when I'm trying to work...I wish they were average...Don't you think so, Tatsuya?

Tatsuya_Suou_render.png

The bigger, the better!

Maya: Oh yeah? If you say so, then I guess it's okay! Hey! What are you looking at?

FluxWaveZ

Who's ulala?

Yeah she says that when you go to medicine shop after clearing the first dungeon.

Oh, you haven't encountered her yet. You will.

I like all of the circumstantial and optional dialogue in Persona 2, but it also means that you'll inevitably miss some because of how many there are.

PK Gaming

Directly from my Vita ♪

YSpRJLq.jpg

IDh48lE.jpg

56mwPMl.jpg

Apparently the dialogue I posted was wrong (I searched for its equivalent online, but I knew something was off so I ended up reloading an old save)

The optional dialogue in this game is fantastic.

Directly from my Vita ♪

YSpRJLq.jpg

IDh48lE.jpg

56mwPMl.jpg

Apparently the dialogue I posted was wrong (I searched for its equivalent online, but I knew something was off so I ended up reloading an old save)

The optional dialogue in this game is fantastic.

if only they got the combat right, but the characters and dialog are so strong its still up there in my favorites. I put my favorites in order of, Nocturne, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Soul Hackers, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, Persona 4

Basically, anytime anything happens in the plot at all, anything, every character has new dialog in every single location in the game they appear standing around, which is a LOT of locations.

catalystxyz

Neo Member
I'm trying to figure out whether I should bother with eternal punishment. I really liked the characters in innocent sin but the story didn't do much for me and I disliked the gameplay. In particular, I found the encounter rate extremely frustrating and negotiation results seemed completely random unless you're familiar with the enemy. Even enemies I was familiar with seemed to randomly get pissed off when I've chosen the same option and got a different result. I think the only reasons I was able to complete the game was because I was attached to the characters and it was easy. From what I've heard about eternal punishment, it seems that the game would be too frustrating for me to complete. However, I might enjoy it anyway if the story was much better than IS. So, what do you guys think?

cj_iwakura

I'm trying to figure out whether I should bother with eternal punishment. I really liked the characters in innocent sin but the story didn't do much for me and I disliked the gameplay. In particular, I found the encounter rate extremely frustrating and negotiation results seemed completely random unless you're familiar with the enemy. Even enemies I was familiar with seemed to randomly get pissed off when I've chosen the same option and got a different result. I think the only reasons I was able to complete the game was because I was attached to the characters and it was easy. From what I've heard about eternal punishment, it seems that the game would be too frustrating for me to complete. However, I might enjoy it anyway if the story was much better than IS. So, what do you guys think?

The story is much better, and a huge payoff from IS, but EP's gameplay is even tougher.

Negotiation IS fixed, though. A choice that results in Interest/Joy/etc. will always have that effect. It's conversation results that vary, which is SMT tradition.

Your best bet is to use a conversation that does Joy/Interest, which never results in a dialogue, then finish it off with an interest to get cards.

Squire

Banned
Er... I don't think there's been any actual discussion of that has there? Over like, however many thousand posts we've had?

Depend. If mentioning a character you're fond of who happens to be female is waifu talk, then buddha himself has contributed much!

I've been listening to the Persona 3 and 4 OST outside of the game lately. I really enjoy them, especially Persona 3. Unless my CD rip screwed up, I don't seem to have the song that plays in the dorm in the later parts of the game. Anybody know what it's called?

Also, are the soundtracks for Persona 1 and 2 worth checking out?

Young Magus

I've been listening to the Persona 3 and 4 OST outside of the game lately. I really enjoy them, especially Persona 3. Unless my CD rip screwed up, I don't seem to have the song that plays in the dorm in the later parts of the game. Anybody know what it's called?

Also, are the soundtracks for Persona 1 and 2 worth checking out?

2? hell yes
maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom