• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

So I'm thinking that I'm done with this now. I feel like I could probably take it further if I wanted to, but I'm bored and just want to be finished with it, haha.

awesome ♪

gonna use this as my vita background actually (i can live w/o seeing yosuke & teddie)

Soma

So..Persona 3, I'm going to play it again, but should I go with P3P or FES?

Probably P3P if you've already played FES. I've actually started a P3P run for the first time recently (I've already played through both vanilla and FES before). Enjoying all the new little additions even at the expense of no animated cutscenes... which honestly weren't that great to begin with.

Probably P3P if you've already played FES. I've actually started a P3P run for the first time recently (I've already played through both vanilla and FES before). Enjoying all the new little additions even at the expense of no animated cutscenes... which honestly weren't that great to begin with.

I've only played the original. Never finished FES or had the pleasure of playing as FeMC :(

I guess FES makes the most sense.

Venfayth

I played P3P immediately after enjoying P4, (never played any persona games before 4), and it was amazing. I played male first, then female, then female again, and put a bit over 300 hours into it. Was totally worth.

Honestly if only for being able to control your partners and a revamped (and better) tired system, I'd pick P3P over Fes any day of the week. However, Fes has those purty cutscenes and you can actually walk in the locations outside of Tartarus. Sure, the curser/VN thing works, it just doesn't work as good for navigation. Having Square as a shortcut is nice though.

I'm playing through The Answer right now, and I can't stand it. It is just too much of a grind. I'm just going to watch the story play out on youtube or something. I'm going to just go back and replay P4G. I kinda burned through it fast and didn't do much of the side stuff or get the complete ending. Maybe I can shoot for a platinum trophy on this playthrough. Are there any particular trophies that are easy to screw up and miss out on?

Honestly if only for being able to control your partners and a revamped (and better) tired system, I'd pick P3P over Fes any day of the week. However, Fes has those purty cutscenes and you can actually walk in the locations outside of Tartarus. Sure, the curser/VN thing works, it just doesn't work as good for navigation. Having Square as a shortcut is nice though.

Important scenes kind of suck in P3P. Maybe it's not a big deal if it's on a second playthrough where you've already experienced it, but I wish I didn't play P3P first. Wish I knew FES was on PSN before buying and playing P3P.

Trigger

I'm playing through The Answer right now, and I can't stand it. It is just too much of a grind. I'm just going to watch the story play out on youtube or something. I'm going to just go back and replay P4G. I kinda burned through it fast and didn't do much of the side stuff or get the complete ending. Maybe I can shoot for a platinum trophy on this playthrough. Are there any particular trophies that are easy to screw up and miss out on?

Motherfucking Hardcore Risette and the book trophy. Fuck those trophies.

One of these days I'm going stop being lazy and get the Risette trophy.

Motherfucking Hardcore Risette and the book trophy. Fuck those trophies.

One of these days I'm going stop being lazy and get the Risette trophy.

What is the Risette trophy? I didn't start reading books until 4/25 on this second playthrough. I should have time though, right? Or is it something you have to do nearly every night to complete?

Trigger

What is the Risette trophy? I didn't start reading books until 4/25 on this second playthrough. I should have time though, right? Or is it something you have to do nearly every night to complete?

Harcore Risette requires you to hear something like 250 lines of Rise's battle commentary. People have gotten it without trying, but I haven't done it yet. The book trophy is straight forward except: you'll automatically miss two books if you don't attend two dates with the sports s. link, a few books are tied to quests, and there's no in game checklist of your progress for either trophies. A real pain in the ass.

Harcore Risette requires you to hear something like 250 lines of Rise's battle commentary. People have gotten it without trying, but I haven't done it yet. The book trophy is straight forward except: you'll automatically miss two books if you don't attend two dates with the sports s. link, a few books are tied to quests, and there's no in game checklist of your progress for either trophies. A real pain in the ass.

I'm on May 3rd. I assume I haven't missed any books yet?

cj_iwakura

Just got to Chapter 5 of Drakengard. Yeah... it's starting to hit me.
The damn sky turning red, this is some grimdark ish.

I'm gonna need a week of straight Katamari Damacy after this.

this is some grimdark ish.
I'm gonna need a week of straight Katamari Damacy after this.

1369111222139.jpg

Does anybody have lossless shots of P3P? I want to see how it looks on the Vita screen before buying it.

It's going to look like the PSP version perfectly stretched at double the resolution. So it scales perfectly to the Vita screen. I don't have a picture, but I thought it looked good. It didn't have any problems as far as scaling goes.

Unless you intend to play The Answer, Portable is the way to go. All of FES's gameplay additions are in Portable.

Yeah, P3P it is. I will just watch the answer online somewhere.

Finished Vanquish.

Fuck yes.

:D I had a lot of playing Vanquish. had a great setting and characters.

Because the Vita OS-level screenshot function is gimped and everything comes out as compressed, aliased, ugly jpegs.

How do you take screenshots on Vita, I was unaware you could even do this ^^

Risette

A Good Citizen
Well, there are PSP emulators on computers that one could utilize for this situation too. But I don't own the game, so...

I could potentially take some with my camera later. Too dark and late to do so now. But it looks fine on the Vita. :p
Better than nothing!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Xbox One has Forza 5...

so...

yeah.

I'll be getting both at some point, it's only a matter of which one first.

Marche90

Thanks, Microsoft! Since this will be the first gen where I can start to buy hardware with my own money, they have made the choice of which consoles I'll buy easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom