• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yea it was a train wreck, but I know how these things usually go. If they have an equally terrible showing then, much worse sign of things lol.

Daimaou

Well yea it was a train wreck, but I know how these things usually go. If they have an equally terrible showing then, much worse sign of things lol.

They claimed to have 15(?) exclusives lined up in the first year. I wonder how many of them are terrible Kinect games.

Dantis

I thought it looked cool. I'll have both eventually.

I thought that the new features that they offered were completely uninteresting, and things like no used games are a complete deal breaker for me.

The PS4 is the only one of the three new consoles to impress me as of yet.

Venfayth

call of duty doggies :3

O5VKhgh.jpg

DOG OF DOODY

Levito

Banned
yea lets judge a console pre e3, smart thing to do really......man I am defending Xbox One how weird

Well you really can't get upset at the people unimpressed at the console:

-Used games are locked behind a paywall.

-Apparently the Xbox will not function without a Kinect attached. (though this one looks like it might be more of IGN's crappy wording than a reality)

-Not backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games(despite both apparently being an x86 architecture)

There's also the question that if each game is tied to your Xbox Live account like they say, are you not able to play a game if you're unable to log onto your live account?

The whole press conference they talked 3/4 about sports and gesture features and not about videogames. Hell that spent 5 minutes talking about a Halo TV that has nothing to do with the console at all.

Even the 1 game showed(that wasn't a sports game) wasn't anything to get excited about, not even from a technical standpoint.

It's just underwhelming and disheartening, they've really got to knock it out of the park at E3.

ALSO: Xbox One is REQUIRED to be online at least once every 24 hours.

Noi

Well you really can't get upset at the people unimpressed at the console:

-Used games are locked behind a paywall.

-Apparently the Xbox will not function without a Kinect attached. (though this one looks like it might be more of IGN's crappy wording than a reality)

-Not backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games(despite both apparently being an x86 architecture)

There's also the question that if each game is tied to your Xbox Live account like they say, are you not able to play a game if you're unable to log onto your live account?

The whole press conference they talked 3/4 about sports and gesture features and not about videogames. Hell that spent 5 minutes talking about a Halo TV that has nothing to do with the console at all.

Even the 1 game showed(that wasn't a sports game) wasn't anything to get excited about, not even from a technical standpoint.

It's just underwhelming and disheartening, they've really got to knock it out of the park at E3.

Let's add one more to that list.

Xbox One is REQUIRED to be online at least once every 24 hours.

Squire

Banned
I thought that the new features that they offered were completely uninteresting, and things like no used games are a complete deal breaker for me.

The PS4 is the only one of the three new consoles to impress me as of yet.

Sorry you feel that way. *shrug*

Omikaru

I won't say much on the Xbox One. I've ranted enough.

But my opinion is pretty much in-line with the sane majority: this is a colossal fuck up. I've never seen a console launch screwed up so badly. This is far worse than $599.

What's even more amazing is I don't think we're done yet. E3's coming, and it's going to get worse. Brace yourselves for the Kinect shovelware and soulless bro games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom