• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Well, with the download you can play at 50%, due to Sony's new streaming playing... sounds like they wanted a big game to test it on.

Yeah, I guess in theory if it works on something the size of TLOU smaller games will just fall in line.

Probably slso has to do with the ICE team operating out of ND.

Meia

First rule is to never use an AoE spell until you know what the enemy does with it, for that reason. Painful lesson. :p

Also danke. :)

Meia

The thing that's really going to kill you is the same situation, and then a Mudo that misses you 99 times out of 100 hits you.

FluxWaveZ

The GiantBomb guys learned that lesson the hard way. :)

iNalSQuZH203z.gif

Soriku

The GiantBomb guys learned that lesson the hard way. :)

lol. I remember they'd go long stretches without saving even if a save point was right there, and only saved at the very end of the part. Lesson learned I say.

Really shouldn't be playing an hour without saving in any game.

Edit: That GIF is bullshit.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
lol. I remember they'd go long stretches without saving even if a save point was right there, and only saved at the very end of the part. Lesson learned I say.

Really shouldn't be playing an hour without saving in any game.

Edit: That GIF is bullshit.

I ran to save spots like a moth to a flame, no matter which RPG I was playing.

Young Magus

I......I.....
I was SMT'd in Nocturne, in the Ikebukuro Tunnel.

Happened in a random encounter with a counter+ focus and a boss fight when one by one my party was killed. It wasn't the first nor last time and it will happen over and over and over.

and it'll be worth it

Guys really need some help

Person 4 Golden on the VITA.

Im in the 2nd dungeon on the 5th floor - the one which shifts you back to the beginning of the floor every time you head towards the door.

i know you are supposed to turn around and head backwards towards another door like seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BFDpsm1mEw&feature=player_detailpage#t=2719s

However, in this video Teddy says "there is someone behind this door"

on my version, it says the door is locked.

I know im supposed to go through the door but for some reason mine is locked and there is literally nowhere i can go. if someone can help me out as im completely stuck here. Thanks.

this may sound stupid, but how do i change persona's for my allies? i can change my own but they have been stuck on the same ones since i got them...

Moonlight

Banned
this may sound stupid, but how do i change persona's for my allies? i can change my own but they have been stuck on the same ones since i got them...
You can't change Personae for your party members, you're the only one who can change them through the power of the wild card - everyone else has a Persona that takes after their inner self. That said, their Personae will evolve once you max out their Social Link.

Dantis

So I just finished Mario Bros U. Honestly, I really enjoyed it. Best 2D Mario game in years. If I still have a Wii U when Luigi U comes out, I'll definitely rent that too.

On the other hand, boy, am I glad I didn't buy it. It's pretty short, and I really don't feel like it warrants full RRP.

Also, are there any Arrested Development fans in here? I'm just about to watch the first episode of the new season.

coopolon

I eventually came to the conclusion that the way to play fes tartarus is to sneak by everything to get to the next teleport. That really sucks, but trying to kill enemies just means everyone is always tired.

I guess in p3p since they don't get tired till you leave this isn't as necessary?

Meia

I eventually came to the conclusion that the way to play fes tartarus is to sneak by everything to get to the next teleport. That really sucks, but trying to kill enemies just means everyone is always tired.

I guess in p3p since they don't get tired till you leave this isn't as necessary?

It's a fine line in Fes, actually. If you kill nothing, you won't have strong enough personas, nor will your party members, to beat the guardian of the block. But the idea isn't wrong either.

The way I always did exploration in the game is if there's a shadow in the way, I'll kill it. If I can see it's a dead end, I ignore it. As I get closer to a guardian, I'll try dodging more than fighting. Hit the guardian, go down, save, go back up, see if you can kill, if yes, great, done for the night, if not grind a lil bit more. Ultimate goal is to get to the end of the current section before the full moon anyway. Always use bathrooms on days you go to Tartarus to try and get the MC in the "Great" status.

And yeah, that's one of the reasons why P3P is easier. The system is still kind of in place in that if you leave before a party member complains about being tired, they won't be tired the next day and you can chain days. Otherwise, they'll be tired for the next day, but not during explorations, so you can stay inside as long as you want.

Meia

Any reason why they removed the ability to split up and search in Persona 4? It was pretty useful in Persona 3.

From what I can tell, the party members aren't fully "there" while exploring in 4. They can't get stuck on terrain so you have to wait for them to catch up and if you don't notice you get into a fight short-handed(they can get stuck on Golden, but it doesn't matter in terms of battles). Because of this, you also don't need to revive them if a battle ends with one of them unconscious. Was always jarring in 3 to finish a fight and seeing someone laid out on the ground after the battle.

They also removed a lot of the commands for having the party not be under Direct Command, and they made the AI WORSE than it was in P3 in terms of it acting on it's own too.

NEO0MJ

I'm not at
1/31
in P4G, how much is left?

It was a fantastic way to level up a character who was behind, as they got all the XP to themselves if they won.

I loved leaving the PSP in place and having them fight while I did other stuff. Though I learned I had to keep the audio high so they could warn me when Death would come for me.

Trigger

I'm not at
1/31
in P4G, how much is left?

Question:
Did you max out the Aeon s. link before beating Adachi?

If yes: About 10- 7hrs or so of stuff left to do.

If no: You're pretty close to the end (unless you plan to tackle the true ending route).

Meia

Yeah, I maxed Aeon out. What ending are ahead of me now?

Still two.

Yeah, never switched out my party either, made annoying when they forced a switch on you anyway. Of course with specific characters, this never comes into play late anyway.

NEO0MJ

If you maxed out Aeon, there's two potential endings. The Good Ending and the True Ending + Golden Epilogue.

Still two.

How do I get these two? I want to make sure I meet all the requirements. I hope one of them isn't max S-link with everyone, because I don't think I can accomplish that. Also, is it worth giving Teddie Kamui Miracle?

Meia

How do I get these two? I want to make sure I meet all the requirements. I hope one of them isn't max S-link with everyone, because I don't think I can accomplish that. Also, is it worth giving Teddie Kamui Miracle?

I hate random ANYTHING in my games, so no.

Without spoiling anything, when the game asks you about going home to go on the train, just refuse. By getting out of December, you avoid the bad ending. Epilogue plays if you follow the February events to their conclusion, then March 20th when it picks up again is the last branch point.

Sophia

You are automatically going to get the good ending unless you meet the requirements for the true one. Meia already mentioned how to get the true ending.

NEO0MJ

I hate random ANYTHING in my games, so no.

Without spoiling anything, when the game asks you about going home to go on the train, just refuse. By getting out of December, you avoid the bad ending. Epilogue plays if you follow the February events to their conclusion, then March 20th when it picks up again is the last branch point.

Thanks. And I had a feeling the answer was gonna be no to Kamui Miracle, I used it several times and not once did it not blow up in my face.

This is a spoiler. You are reading this spoiler. I bet you wish you had not read this. There is nothing really here. Well, while you are here, nice to meet ya! Me? I'm just chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool. Playin' some bball, outside of the school. When a couple of guys, who were up to no good, started makin' trouble in the neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, and said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air!"

Sophia

This is a spoiler. You are reading this spoiler. I bet you wish you had not read this. There is nothing really here. Well, while you are here, nice to meet ya! Me? I'm just chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool. Playin' some bball, outside of the school. When a couple of guys, who were up to know good, started makin' trouble in the neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, and said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air!"

Goddamnit, did that really just happen? :(

Trigger

This is a spoiler. You are reading this spoiler. I bet you wish you had not read this. There is nothing really here. Well, while you are here, nice to meet ya! Me? I'm just chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool. Playin' some bball, outside of the school. When a couple of guys, who were up to know good, started makin' trouble in the neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, and said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air!"

It took me a clean 5 minutes to understand what you were referencing.

Now that I get it I can't stop laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom