• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

So I just finished Mario Bros U. Honestly, I really enjoyed it. Best 2D Mario game in years. If I still have a Wii U when Luigi U comes out, I'll definitely rent that too.

On the other hand, boy, am I glad I didn't buy it. It's pretty short, and I really don't feel like it warrants full RRP.

Also, are there any Arrested Development fans in here? I'm just about to watch the first episode of the new season.

Honestly, NSMBU is the 2nd best 2D Mario game, its just barely behind SMW.

The new AD season is amazing, it gets an A from me.

Just got back from a weekend at Anime North. I cosplayed as Junpei, took some pictures of other good Persona costumes, and bought some sweet Persona merchandise. I'll post some picture once I get some sugar into my system.

Goddamnit, did that really just happen? :(

Yes it did.
2fresh4prince

On another note, I'm back from a day of traveling, and goddamn do long car rides suck. They drain you from all the sitting and in the end of it all, after some walking and stretching I just feel like sitting down, collapsed, in my comfortable chair as I watch some new Arrested Development. Man, I'm beat :/

Young Magus

This is a spoiler. You are reading this spoiler. I bet you wish you had not read this. There is nothing really here. Well, while you are here, nice to meet ya! Me? I'm just chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool. Playin' some bball, outside of the school. When a couple of guys, who were up to no good, started makin' trouble in the neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, and said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air!"

HA!!

Acid08

Banned
Had no idea this thread existed! P3 was my first Persona game, had decided to buy it after reading a magazine review and wanting an RPG. What I found was one of the best games I've ever played and what's still a top 5 game for me. 4 is amazing as well but there's just something about 3 I connected with more. Also being the first probably has something to do with it :)

Planning on getting a Vita this year which will enable me to play P4G and P2, very excited about both.

Anyone is this thread excited about or has played SMTIV? I'm thinking about getting it when its released.

Soriku

Had no idea this thread existed! P3 was my first Persona game, had decided to buy it after reading a magazine review and wanting an RPG. What I found was one of the best games I've ever played and what's still a top 5 game for me. 4 is amazing as well but there's just something about 3 I connected with more. Also being the first probably has something to do with it :)

Planning on getting a Vita this year which will enable me to play P4G and P2, very excited about both.

Anyone is this thread excited about or has played SMTIV? I'm thinking about getting it when its released.

Check out the import thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563689

Young Magus

Remember kids: Devil Summoners outnumber Persona users. And they aren't limited to one summon at a time.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Ah, more NHLGaf peeps. <3

Anyway, I was the same with Persona. Played 3 first and pretty much fell in love with it. Still have to finish P2: EP at some point.

SMTIV is pretty much the only 3DS game I am looking forward to for the rest of the year. Unless Devil Survivor comes out here this year.

cj_iwakura

How many Devil Summoners have stopped gods? Also there's that pesky loyalty thing...

At least three! Kyouji stops the goddess Inaruma, Soul Hackers MC stops (I'll be nice since this is new)
a Native American deity
, and Raidou stops the Soulless God.

And yes, but loyalty earned is loyalty kept. A loyal demon will die for you.

A Persona? You die alone.

OffT: Got Drakengard Ending C. Whew.

Favorite one so far.

Marche90

^I still need to read that Let's play since getting both a PS2 and the game is pretty much impossible for me right now. That nutty protagonist is the thing that attracts me the most.

I'm way too pumped for SMTIV. Also, dat first-print edition.

And we still need to see E3 to judge if there are more exciting games for the platform(s), so I wouldn't say that SMT is the only awesome game coming out this year.

Acid08

Banned

And we still need to see E3 to judge if there are more exciting games for the platform(s), so I wouldn't say that SMT is the only awesome game coming out this year.
Persona 5 at E3
believe.

cj_iwakura

^I still need to read that Let's play since getting both a PS2 and the game is pretty much impossible for me right now. That nutty protagonist is the thing that attracts me the most.

I read it ages ago. D3's announcement made me hunt it down.

I can safely say this is a game to play, not to read. It's only $20 or so.

I still can't believe people part with PS2s. The system only had 70 amazing games or so.

Marche90

Well, I was young, and needed the money... or at least the part where I needed the money is true. Shame, since I bought that one new for less than $50.

I will try to buy a new one before the stores stop selling them. Just a few weeks ago, I went to a local store and saw like 15 new PS2s, but still, I need to act fast.

Also, I was going to mention TGS too, but I doubt that we'll see something from there hitting stateside this year.

Meia

I read it ages ago. D3's announcement made me hunt it down.

I can safely say this is a game to play, not to read. It's only $20 or so.

I still can't believe people part with PS2s. The system only had 70 amazing games or so.

Yeah, but you can actually use emulation to run PS2 games, can't you?

Alright! As promised, here are some pics of the goodies I got at the convention. I'll upload the cosplay photos once my phone decides to stop being lame and taking forever to install an update.

6UZMJiTl.jpg

vgk6iLol.jpg

The Official Persona 4: The Animation Artbook. Very nice as it shares lots of small, neat touches about each character's design, and has a spread on every outfit for every single named character in the show (including the Shadows and Hanako). It was a steal as well, so I couldn't resist buying the only copy they had.

Ww8DvWul.jpg

Rise Kujikawa (Summer) from the second series of Figma statuettes. Supposedly this one's pretty rare as it was only sold in specific places in Japan, but I haven't bothered to do any proper research yet. Either way, it looks very pretty and has lots of detail, plus hnnnnnnnnng Laura Bailey.

UeDsn2wl.jpg

The Deluxe Gurren Lagann Ver.Ka action figure. I know this isn't Persona-related but screw you Gurren Lagann is awesome and this is pretty much the best action figure I own now. It came with like, 15 different parts (weapons, heads and such) and a really pretty display stand so I can proudly advertise how much of a massive manchild dorkmonger I am to everyone who sets foot in my room.

So, yeah. I'll get those other pics up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom