• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ive tried to watch Gurren Laggan twice and it puts me to sleep.

RGlICZf.jpg

PK Gaming

Alright! As promised, here are some pics of the goodies I got at the convention. I'll upload the cosplay photos once my phone decides to stop being lame and taking forever to install an update.

6UZMJiTl.jpg

vgk6iLol.jpg

The Official Persona 4: The Animation Artbook. Very nice as it shares lots of small, neat touches about each character's design, and has a spread on every outfit for every single named character in the show (including the Shadows and Hanako). It was a steal as well, so I couldn't resist buying the only copy they had.

Ww8DvWul.jpg

Rise Kujikawa (Summer) from the second series of Figma statuettes. Supposedly this one's pretty rare as it was only sold in specific places in Japan, but I haven't bothered to do any proper research yet. Either way, it looks very pretty and has lots of detail, plus hnnnnnnnnng Laura Bailey.

UeDsn2wl.jpg

The Deluxe Gurren Lagann Ver.Ka action figure. I know this isn't Persona-related but screw you Gurren Lagann is awesome and this is pretty much the best action figure I own now. It came with like, 15 different parts (weapons, heads and such) and a really pretty display stand so I can proudly advertise how much of a massive manchild dorkmonger I am to everyone who sets foot in my room.

So, yeah. I'll get those other pics up soon.

1. I want your stuff
2. I want your life

I can't wait to see the cosplay pictures!

cjkeats

You monster!

cj. You are a wonderful, kind person with good taste and a sharp wit.

But you're wrong.

You should possibly try the movie versions then. Same story, but they're a lot faster paced thanks to being movies.

Things that make you cry.

It's not my fault ;_;
Maybe I will try the movies if I can't make it through this time, I've only started the second attempt the other day, got to episode 5. Last time I made it to 10 or 11.

Marche90

Alright! As promised, here are some pics of the goodies I got at the convention. I'll upload the cosplay photos once my phone decides to stop being lame and taking forever to install an update.

6UZMJiTl.jpg

vgk6iLol.jpg

The Official Persona 4: The Animation Artbook. Very nice as it shares lots of small, neat touches about each character's design, and has a spread on every outfit for every single named character in the show (including the Shadows and Hanako). It was a steal as well, so I couldn't resist buying the only copy they had.

Ww8DvWul.jpg

Rise Kujikawa (Summer) from the second series of Figma statuettes. Supposedly this one's pretty rare as it was only sold in specific places in Japan, but I haven't bothered to do any proper research yet. Either way, it looks very pretty and has lots of detail, plus hnnnnnnnnng Laura Bailey.

So much Rise goodness. My man.

Astra

Ive tried to watch Gurren Laggan twice and it puts me to sleep.

I also never finished it. I made it to the final five episodes or so, and just quit.

Did I quit because fuck that shit, it sucked?
or because it was so awesome, I simply don't want it to end?

Sophia

I also never finished it. I made it to the final five episodes or so, and just quit.

Did I quit because fuck that shit, it sucked?
or because it was so awesome, I simply don't want it to end?

You quit just before Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann itself? Wow what is this madness.... o_o

Me as Junpei. I really wish I could've grown the beard and cut/styled my hair like his, but I'm in a play right now and my director would freak the heck out if I changed anything (although three people still snapped photos of me so I guess it was an overall success). Maybe for Fan Expo :/

Gal pal as Aigis.

A rare sighting of the wild Sophia.

The only Teddie I saw. This person went so far as to dress as Teddie underneath the costume even though she hardly ever took it off.

Again not Persona-related, but proof that life is worth living for the little joys you encounter.

You make a cute Junpei Scrafty. <3

Thanks! I have the advantage(?) of looking like I'm like 5 gorram years younger than I actually am, so I guess that has its ups and downs.

lol, also that poor Teddie looks so deflated.

Haha; I was kind of a dirtbag in that I asked her to put the top half of the costume on at the end of Saturday just so I could take a picture. She kind of just threw it on and didn't even put her arms into the sleeves :lol

Just sayin but even if Kaneko did designs they'd have still gotten the Kamen Rider designers specifically for those few redesigns.

The character design is better than Nocturne anyway, Demifiend and maybe Lucifer aside.
I don't have a problem and with Kamen Rider and Lololololol to each his own. The main offender to me is whoever did the those demon designs I was looking at. Maybe it was kaneko, I'm not sure who did them but they are terrible.

PK Gaming

Me as Junpei. I really wish I could've grown the beard and cut/styled my hair like his, but I'm in a play right now and my director would freak the heck out if I changed anything (although three people still snapped photos of me so I guess it was an overall success). Maybe for Fan Expo :/

Gal pal as Aigis.

A rare sighting of the wild Sophia.

The only Teddie I saw. This person went so far as to dress as Teddie underneath the costume even though she hardly ever took it off.

Again not Persona-related, but proof that life is worth living for the little joys you encounter.

Looking good my man &#9834;

Seriously, you pull of the Junpei look. Your friend is a grade A-cutie as well. Make sure to invite me next time! I'll ship myself to toronto via mail a day or 2 in advance :p

johnsmith

remember me
Really need this Chie when it's released.

If you haven't already ordered her, you may be out of luck unless you're prepared to spend big bucks. The only place that still has her in stock is BBTS and she's overpriced there. $199.99. This was an exclusive figure, so only proxy shops had her, and all the reasonably priced ones sold out fast (my order cost 11,200, so almost half of what BBTS is charging). You could also order her through a proxy directly, but since she's now sold out, you can't do that anymore.

iEogKyVeGZ42b.jpg

http://www.megatreshop.jp/products/215/index.html

I didn't mind the combat so much, because they use a lot of variables to try and create interesting scenarios, but combined with the sheer repetition of the goddamn forest, I couldn't get through it.

Squire

Banned
It gets worse too. :I

Still, the narrative and music are AAA shit man.

I didn't mind the combat so much, because they use a lot of variables to try and create interesting scenarios, but combined with the sheer repetition of the goddamn forest, I couldn't get through it.

Agree 100%. I give them credit for the scenarios they're designing and I really do love everything else about it, but I'm ready to bail and watch it on YouTube.

Dantis

I feel bad that I don't. For real. Everything else about it isn't even up my alley or in my wheel house, it's like on my couch.

If that makes sense.

I do know what you mean. That's how I feel about it too. From the second that opening started where the camera moves over the mountains, I was in. Completely sold.

Alan Wake is one of those games that I rented and then went and bought straight afterwards.

My suggestion is to replay RE4 instead.

I like Alan Wake much, much more, personally.

Squire

Banned

I could! Got it off PSN, but it's sitting on my 360 as well, achievements waiting to be unlocked. Replaying RE4 is always a good suggestion.

I do know what you mean. That's how I feel about it too. From the second that opening started where the camera moves over the mountains, I was in. Completely sold.

Alan Wake is one of those games that I rented and then went and bought straight afterwards.

I like Alan Wake much, much more, personally.

I can totally see how you'd say this.

They're not really that comparable.

I am, however, playing through Deadly Premonition at the moment, which has a very similar setting and feel to Alan Wake (and crap combat as well), and moments of abhorrent pacing aside, it's a unique experience that I easily recommend.

Squire

Banned
I can say the Twin Peaks comparisons are ill-made. AW is much more like Stephen King's work, to the point the game references him (at least twice from what I've heard).

Lynch isn't even scary, he's just weird/campy.

I have both too!

It's worth nabbing twice! I knew once I beat if on PSN, I'd get it off XBL as soon as a sale hit.

Squire

Banned
Are you familiar with his post-Twin Peaks work? Because Lost Highway, Inland Empire and Mulholland Drive could all count as horror films to some degree.

I've seen MD. It's definite got horror elements, but AW feels more like King in that there's a sort of anxious, sinister undertone running through every moment. It's creepy as hell. Any sense of levity is a projection made the individual player.

It's really one of the only psychological horror games we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom