• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Any sense of levity is a projection made the individual player.

samlakesmaxpaynefacebp7u9v.jpg

Jintor

You've convinced me though that one day I will play Alan Wake.

I mean, I bought it and everything. I just haven't played it.

One day.

Squire

Banned
You've convinced me though that one day I will play Alan Wake.

I mean, I bought it and everything. I just haven't played it.

One day.

It's worth playing! I probably will just watch a comprehensive run of it on YouTube, but it's absolutely worth trying.

It has a very strong sense of self and personality, which I find myself appreciating in AAA games more and more as they've unfortunately become more homogenized.

I'm really excited to see what they're doing with Quantum Break. If they're taking the gameplay from Max Payne and every other element from Alan Wake, then they really do have something incredible on their hands.

Dantis

I've seen MD. It's definite got horror elements, but AW feels more like King in that there's a sort of anxious, sinister undertone running through every moment. It's creepy as hell. Any sense of levity is a projection made the individual player.

It's really one of the only psychological horror games we have.

Sure is.

Fatal Frame is another. :3

And yeah, I feel like there are definitely influences from Lynch's stuff, but it takes a lot more from King, like you say.

Dantis

Deadly Premonition is more charming than anything. It's also no where near as similar to Twin Peaks as some people would have you believe.

Squire

Banned
The first half is charming, but the second half's story gets phenomenally legit good.

I know all sbout it, but DP just looks like shit and not the kind I'd enjoy at all. I need competency. Personality can carry you pretty far, but you've got to deliver as a game in some respect.

See also: Nier. Game is fucking trash.

Meia

Really need this Chie when it's released.

4535123815157i.jpg

Yep, got this bad-boy pre-ordered in March, and apparently good as in good luck finding her now. So keeping her in the summer outfit as every other figure is her normal one.

Great Junpei outfit too.

I know all sbout it, but DP just looks like shit and not the kind I'd enjoy at all. I need competency. Personality can carry you pretty far, but you've got to deliver as a game in some respect.

See also: Nier. Game is fucking trash.

Did you even complete it?

I've heard people call Nier many things but never "fucking trash".

Taruranto

Btw, I started Alan Wake.

I like everything about it, but fighting.

Once you saw the first minutes of AW you pretty much saw it all, the game had a couple of nice moments gameplay-wise that try to shake things a little, but overall all the game play in the same manner, over an over.

cj_iwakura

I thought it was a pretty bland (almost terrible) game. Nier is only saved by it's crazy narrative IMO.

I really never understood people's gripes with Nier's gameplay. The questing is repetitive, but they're almost entirely optional. It's a fun action RPG with some crazy bullet hell boss fights.

Meia

Once you saw the first minutes of AW you pretty much saw it all, the game had a couple of nice moments gameplay-wise that try to shake things a little, but overall all the game play in the same manner, over an over.

Yep.

People were talking about Bioshock Infinite after it came out, saying it would be a game greatly helped by not being just a shootbang game. Alan Wake falls into this category moreso I feel. There's some happy medium between what this is, and what the other side of the spectrum for this type of game could be(Amnesia) I think.

Just becomes wave after wave after wave. I enjoyed it enough to be one of like 3 I 100% on Xbox, but have a hard time getting through the PC one, even now.

Rhapsody

Banned
While I've never played it, I assumed GAF loved Nier. But I suppose the assumption was mostly based off of the Drakengard thread lol.

Meia

Gaf got me to play Nier due to hype.

I actually liked the gameplay, the quest system almost killed it for my OCD, but still go through it. Then I found out I had to get through it 3 more times. Yeah, that kind of killed it for me, even if I saw it's direction near the beginning of the second playthrough.

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Vol. 1 that launches today comes with a limited edition card for use in Persona 4: The Card Battle.

Because every franchise needs a card game, right?

Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh/Dragon Ball Z/Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto/Bleach/Mortal Kombat/Dragon Ball Z again/Star Wars/Power Rangers/Aliens vs Predator/Austin Powers/Avatar: The Last Airbender/Kingdom Hearts/Neopets/Pez/Lord of the Rings, let's add Persona to this list now :p

I do play Pokemon tho

Levito

Banned
Hahaha oh my god so insane anime fan is extremely upset about the "Anime is for Jerks" episode of the podcast:

"Bullshit, dumb fucks. The lot of you(save for Keats) are clearly NOTHING but dumb fucking pieces of shit; ignorant little bitchasses incapable of doing ANYTHING but spouting utterly inane bullshit. "

Rest here.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How many demons are in SMT? They could totally get away with a TGC.

Didn't they say there are like 400+ in IV?

Hahaha oh my god so insane anime fan is extremely upset about the "Anime is for Jerks" episode of the podcast:

"Bullshit, dumb fucks. The lot of you(save for Keats) are clearly NOTHING but dumb fucking pieces of shit; ignorant little bitchasses incapable of doing ANYTHING but spouting utterly inane bullshit. "

Rest here.

I think it's someone trolling.

At least I hope so.

Mostly considering this

In FACT, anime is undoubtedly the greatest entertainment medium ever created, and–in all actuality–is tailored to those intellectual worshippers of art in any of its most refined forms,

Especially when there is so much crap anime out there.

It's gotta be a farce.

PK Gaming

Rest here.

He probably read the title, saw the gif, listened to 1-2 minutes (at most) and immediately started typing a vapid, hate filled response.

It's ironic, because you guys were barely criticizing anime and actually recommended that people watch certain anime to get into the medium. Barring Persona 4: Animation of course, which was generally liked, but admonished for its flaws, but I think you guys were entitled to that because Persona 4: Animation is our goddamn anime. It's practically our right talk shit about it!

cjkeats

Has to be a troll. I swear I read some of the same things from some 4chan thing somewhere.

But umm, thanks for the exclusion mr.random troll?

cj_iwakura

One of these things isn't shitty however, it's just flawed, and the flawed one aint Magna Carta. :p

You could at least have fun running around the fields in Nier slashing up Shades.

There is no way anyone of relative sanity could find Magna Carta's gameplay fun.

Sophia

You could at least have fun running around the fields in Nier slashing up Shades.

There is no way anyone of relative sanity could find Magna Carta's gameplay fun.

Yup. There's a fine difference between "flawed" and "actually shit." Nier is firmly in the flawed camp.

Methinks you'll need some moderation for those comments soon. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom