• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Didn't they say there are like 400+ in IV?

I think it's someone trolling.

At least I hope so.

Mostly considering this

Especially when there is so much crap anime out there.

It's gotta be a farce.
Anime is a more refined medium than videogames, though.

Risette

A Good Citizen
...A more refined medium?

Nothing refined about most anime.
You refuse to watch the anime that would be considered refined which people recommend you in an attempt to broaden your artistic palate out of some bizarre willful ignorance, please don't speak.

There is nothing refined about most anything, but videogames are especially bad.

Dantis

It's true, though. You criticize things without giving them a chance all the time.

In terms of anime?

She's got a point, brother. Like, I don't like Orson Scott Card's opinions on society, but I don't shit-talk his books because I don't read his books.

Well, I've read Ender's Game, but you get the point.

I dunno. You criticise a lot of games. I'm willing to bet you've criticised a game on here that you haven't played.

bar_of_soap-resized-600.jpg
topics_opera-sub_395.jpg

Astra

I've gotta side with Dant0r because he is Team Not Anime with me.

Also I dun' get it Buddha.

It's a picture of soap, and a picture of an opera.

Why is it called a soap opera, anwyay?

I'd hazard a guess it's because we all want to wash our hands of such garbage. hareharehare.

Sophia

It's a picture of soap, and a picture of an opera.

Why is it called a soap opera, anwyay?

I'd hazard a guess it's because we all want to wash our hands of such garbage. hareharehare.

"The name soap opera stems from the original dramatic serials' broadcast on radio that had soap manufacturers, such as Dial Corporation, Procter & Gamble, Colgate-Palmolive and Lever Brothers, as sponsors and producers."

tumblr_m3fdn6K6TD1qekq2t.gif

Hahaha oh my god so insane anime fan is extremely upset about the "Anime is for Jerks" episode of the podcast:

"Bullshit, dumb fucks. The lot of you(save for Keats) are clearly NOTHING but dumb fucking pieces of shit; ignorant little bitchasses incapable of doing ANYTHING but spouting utterly inane bullshit. "

Rest here.

Man, I wish I had people who hate me
who aren't TurnipFritters
. Tirades like that are the sign that you've truly made an impact on someone.

On an unrelated note, should I change my avatar to Laura Bailey, Scrafty!Junpei, or keep it the way it is? I really like this avatar (and will come back to it once I'm done faffing about with the new one), but I want a breath of fresh air for a bit.

Astra

"The name soap opera stems from the original dramatic serials' broadcast on radio that had soap manufacturers, such as Dial Corporation, Procter & Gamble, Colgate-Palmolive and Lever Brothers, as sponsors and producers."

tumblr_m3fdn6K6TD1qekq2t.gif

Well, that's that then.

Man, I wish I had people who hate me
who aren't TurnipFritters
. Tirades like that are the sign that you've truly made an impact on someone.

On an unrelated note, should I change my avatar to Laura Bailey, Scrafty!Junpei, or keep it the way it is? I really like this avatar (and will come back to it once I'm done faffing about with the new one), but I want a breath of fresh air for a bit.

Hah, I doubt that is a good measure of the impact you have on someone. Especially since said person didn't even listen to the podcast.

Why not do them all. Nothing like changing avatars every week.
I really should change mine up.

I thought it was a sponge and a play.

:|

Sponge Opera?

Squire

Banned
If probably go with: The Big O, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and the original Full Metal Alchemist. Off the top of my head.

Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop and Gankutsuou for me, probably. Bo-bobo might replace Gankutsuou because it's probably the most consistently show I've ever seen (I love absurd/surreal humour).

I've recommended all of the above to friends before and they've all loved them without fail. Most of GAF would probably hate 3/4 of them though...

Risette

A Good Citizen
My recommendations: Mononoke (2007 series, not the Miyazaki movie), Trapeze (Kuuchuu Buranko), Kenya Boy, Gauche the Cellist, FLCL, Ghost in the Shell 1+2 (Oshii movies only, series/all SAC related stuff is really bad), Hyouka, Sword of the Stranger, Angel's Egg, and Little Witch Academia, to start off with.

Everyone likes Bebop.

How could you not? It's pretty much as close to perfect as an anime will get, in my opinion; the only reason I put GL higher on my list is because it made me feel absolutely unparalleled happiness and sadness alternatively, which no other anime has done for me.

Marche90

throwing anime suggestions? I second both Full Metal Alchemist series. Evangelion also, if only because it's ubiquitous to the genre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom