• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Isn't... that the shotacon show?

kVHVdeu.jpg

Squire

Banned
...You guys realise that there are interesting things out there that aren't related to anime, right?

It's silly to call me narrow minded just because I'm not interested in anime.

Haha, you know you wouldn't find yourself in this position if you didn't criticize a medium you don't engage with. That's the point they're making.

We can't force you to like anything (I wouldn't want to), but when you express these false notions about the medium you seem to have it kickstarts the debate all over again. And it's a pretty one-sided debate, haha.

cj_iwakura

...You guys realise that there are interesting things out there that aren't related to anime, right?

Of course. And I'm into a lot of them. I don't singularly neglect things from an overarching stereotype. I listen to rap music, I sure don't think all of it is garbage like Lil Wayne's works or gangster tales about doing drugs or killing people.

Meia

I just don't comprehend just refusing an entire medium for whatever reason. Entertainment is entertainment.

I mean, my parents are kind of the same as they grew up with animation being something different than it can be now, but they're like 80.

How's the dub for FLCL? I've been meaning to get into it for a while and was debating which version to watch (I usually prefer dubs, but I'll just watch the subbed version if the dub is objectively inferior).

Squire

Banned
How's the dub for FLCL? I've been meaning to get into it for a while and was debating which version to watch (I usually prefer dubs, but I'll just watch the subbed version if the dub is objectively inferior).

The dub is the only way to watch it. One of the best recorded without question.

FluxWaveZ

One of the worst English dubs I have experienced (haven't watched the sub version to compare).

cjkeats

I haven't heard the dub for that, but in Japanese it is fucking hilarious with all the broken English.
Panty had an amazing English VA.
But, the original is great too it can really be taken both ways. Funi knocked it outta the park with the dub.

Such a hillairous show.

Sophia

Goddamnit. I just got SMT'd in Persona 3 Portable. Akasha Arts just one shots my entire party out of nowhere.... at least I only lost five minutes or so.

cjkeats

I just watched the first episode dubbed. Everyone's pretty good except Mamimi. The way she delivers her lines are strange. Probably just me. I liked her a lot in the original. Eri was my favorite so I'll wait to hear more of her, but she seemed fine.
Naota sounds like Ash Ketchum.
Haruko's voice is pretty great.

Jintor

Bullshit, dumb fucks. The lot of you(save for Keats) are clearly NOTHING but dumb fucking pieces of shit; ignorant little bitchasses incapable of doing ANYTHING but spouting utterly inane bullshit. Despite me not even wasting my time listening to a single second of this cast, I can’t solidify that much as irrefutable fact. Contrary to what worthless

shit stains such as yourself would naturally be wont to spout, anime is not for “jerks” by ANY stretch of the imagination had by those of us who aren’t ignorant pieces of shit like the lot of you. In FACT, anime is undoubtedly the greatest entertainment medium ever created, and–in all actuality–is tailored to those intellectual worshippers of art in any of its most refined forms, anime naturally being the chief of said forms of artistic refinement. The vast plethora of truly breathtaking masterpieces the masterful medium of anime has to offer are characterized by incredibly inventive and/or amazingly executed plots, stunning depth of character/characterization/character interaction, drop-dead gorgeous animation, unspeakably beautiful and well-crafted scores, among a countless plethora of other superlatives. It’s such traits and many more that solidify its factual status as the greatest entertainment medium to EVER exist. As such, it goes without saying that the suggestion that said masterful medium is for “jerks,” as well as any and all bullshits as to the quality of said medium made therein such an fucking idiotic statement is/are nothing but a load of complete and utter blatantly untrue bullshit.

LOL

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I just watched the first episode dubbed. Everyone's pretty good except Mamimi. The way she delivers her lines are strange. Probably just me. I liked her a lot in the original. Eri was my favorite so I'll wait to hear more of her, but she seemed fine.
Naota sounds like Ash Ketchum.
Haruko's voice is pretty great.

Hah, really?

My immediate though when I saw it was "He sounds like Rita from Power Rangers" :p

FluxWaveZ

Yosuke beating Chie? The hell?!

And d'awwwwww....

Seems that that's the canon they chose to go with. They exchanged the preview for chapter 6 with chapter 7 in the above site and he defeats her when he's seemingly reminded of the time he and Narukami fought to strengthen their friendship.

Meia

Seems that that's the canon they chose to go with. They exchanged the preview for chapter 6 with chapter 7 in the above site and he defeats her when he's seemingly reminded of the time he and Narukami fought to strengthen their friendship.

I wonder if they're going with the Yosuke trip as canon? Wouldn't object to it.

Though it would lead to Yosuke/Labrys being canon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom