• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so things aren't looking too good for my friend's playthrough of Fes on PS3. I think he's been hit with the save data glitch but it's weird. Rather than showing no data at the save/load screen, the PS3 just says to him that the save data is corrupted, spits out an error code with it, and sends him back to the XMB. Is there any way to fix this, or is his game save gone for good?

also
Pretty nice design that isn't too overbearing.

Teddie_Idle_stance.gif

Acid08

Banned
Okay so things aren't looking too good for my friend's playthrough of Fes on PS3. I think he's been hit with the save data glitch but it's weird. Rather than showing no data at the save/load screen, the PS3 just says to him that the save data is corrupted, spits out an error code with it, and sends him back to the XMB. Is there any way to fix this, or is his game save gone for good?

also

Teddie_Idle_stance.gif
I'm guessing he hasn't been backing it up right? I made sure to do that when I played through the download version because of this save glitch.

I'm guessing he hasn't been backing it up right? I made sure to do that when I played through the download version because of this save glitch.

I've warned him about the glitch through my own experience with it in the past so he's made four save slots. But this won't even let him watch the opening cutscene. As the game gets to the warning screen when you start up the PS3 game, the PS3 displays the corrupted save data message and sends him out of the game, so he never even gets to the save/load menu. So while he did back up his save data for safety, he can't even access it. So while the glitch would normally require you to go to the load menu to see you have no data, this doesn't even let you go that far.

Acid08

Banned
I've warned him about the glitch through my own experience with it in the past so he's made four save slots. But this won't even let him watch the opening cutscene. As the game gets to the warning screen when you start up the PS3 game, the PS3 displays the corrupted save data message and sends him out of the game, so he never even gets to the save/load menu. So while he did back up his save data for safety, he can't even access it. So while the glitch would normally require you to go to the load menu to see you have no data, this doesn't even let you go that far.
Has he tried redownloading and then installing the game again? That's the only thing I can think to do. Maybe backup the saves onto a USB stick, delete them off the system, and transfer them back?

Has he tried redownloading and then installing the game again? That's the only thing I can think to do. Maybe backup the saves onto a USB stick, delete them off the system, and transfer them back?

I told him just now to try both methods and let me know if any of them work. He'll try them tomorrow and I'll hope for the best

Meia

Chie vs. Yosuke, it's strength vs. speed. That can always go either way, really. Sure, Chie can galactic punt something into space, if she hits it anyway. Also think the whole "martial artist vs. manager" thing flies out the window after a year of killing shadows. :p

Also, dammit, should have seen that bear pun coming.

Marche90

Oh, nice find!

And Dantis gonna Dantis, how weird for him :p

Fun Fact: I wasn't even remotely interested in watching that series (or reading the manga, for that matter), until someone tipped me that the author has gone on record saying that he was inspired by one of my favorite visual novels, ML Alternative, to create that world. Boy, does it. Humanity fighting a losing war? Lost almost their territory? The hero rising from nowhere as a last chance to save their world?. Yup, it does deliver in that front.

Its Japanese animated cartoons it's physically impossible for it to be any good unless it is glorious American or British animated cartoons xbox go home

She's not rise yo, she's just a talented voice actress who voices many roles who just happens to voice rise

Now I'm picturing Rise as Walter White. Yeeeeessss

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, senpai. I am the danger. A girl opens her door and gets turned into a Shadow, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

138021.jpg

Astra

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, senpai. I am the danger. A girl opens her door and gets turned into a Shadow, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

138021.jpg

Hahaha, that's great buddha.

I laughed so hard at that scene in breaking bad. It was so ridiculous and cheesy.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I am neither proud nor ashamed of it.

It is what it is.
But it's a point of shame. Animation is a long-established form of art and "cartoon" work is a huge subset of that. It's not something you want to admit to. It's like saying you don't watch movies made in black and white or read books.

Dantis

You are acting too mighty for someone who likes P4.

At least Attack on the Titan doesn't have any beauty pageant contents or fanservice onsen episodes.

...It was just a roundabout way of asking what it was a crossover with...

But it's a point of shame. Animation is a long-established form of art and "cartoon" work is a huge subset of that. It's not something you want to admit to. It's like saying you don't watch movies made in black and white or read books.

*eye roll*

It is quite fine to lack interest in something. I also don't watch sports. This is no different.

On a less confrontational note, I just played the CoJ Gunslinger trial. AMAZING. Just trying Blood Dragon now. Probably buying both.

Risette

A Good Citizen
*eye roll*

It is quite fine to lack interest in something. I also don't watch sports. This is no different.
Are you really comparing sports to art? Not that I look down on athleticism, nor am I trying to put it in a lower position of respectability (it's just something else entirely), but it's way different.

Dantis

I love the way the narration is done. I expected it to be a cheap trick because they couldn't be bothered to do full cutscenes, but they really took it all the way.

It's amazing how far downloadable games have come this generation. Literally, amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom