• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
I love the way the narration is done. I expected it to be a cheap trick because they couldn't be bothered to do full cutscenes, but they really took it all the way.

It's amazing how far downloadable games have come this generation. Literally, amazing.

Pretty much. It'll be interesting to see how perception changes when there are no dividing lines on the new consoles.

1369771829647.jpg

NEO0MJ

So I just beat Persona 4 Golden, yay! Game was great and so were the characters. One thing I felt that Persona 3 beat it in though, especially
The final boss. Death was a much better and more interesting final boss than Izanami

I'd play persona 1 now but I don't think I have the stomach for another RPG :p

coopolon

Boy, I keep thinking "I don't want these bland base level personas I get from the card game when I can just make them myself and give them awesome cards" but it's awfully expensive summoning the necessary ones from the compendium!

Meia

Yeah, I just treat the ones from shuffle as fodder. Really only there to make new ones that have handpicked skills for later personas.

I liked the experience of the final boss in 4 I guess, but 3 was better, but it had to have been all things considered.
Got the impression that whoever behind the scenes of all of this had the long term plan of 3, then when that failed tried almost a Blitz with an end of the world scenario disguised as a murder mystery. That's my take on it anyway, especially with Igor being involved.

Soma

playin p3p for the first time

couple things:

- y'know i don't mind the lack of cutscenes (a lot of them kinda sucked anyhow). the dialogue additions are kinda neat, however...
- the awakening scene was totally cooler in vanilla/FES :(
- the top down view is okay i guess. kinda miss running around with my hands in my pockets.
- whoa i can save at my desk
- being able to control junpei and yukari feels so weird. all this newfound responsibility!
- i can work at the cafe now whaaaaaaaaaaaa
- oh they adopted the social link rank up thingy from P4. neat
- ah so i gotta pay to heal my party whenever i go back to the lobby. interesting. this save point is a lot less stingy than mr. fox
- okay either i mistakenly hit "hard" instead of "normal" when starting up my game but this is feeling a bit more challenging than FES. not getting as much EXP as I remember and now i'm actually utilizing the Split Up option. not a bad thing, just an interesting note.

pretty fun so far. it's usually tough for me to replay games but with enough new mechanics, it manages to remain relatively fresh.

Sophia

- okay either i mistakenly hit "hard" instead of "normal" when starting up my game but this is feeling a bit more challenging than FES. not getting as much EXP as I remember and now i'm actually utilizing the Split Up option. not a bad thing, just an interesting note.

Check your settings. P3P is way easier than FES.

Soma

Check your settings. P3P is way easier than FES.
Apparently I'm Normal mode. However, i'm still in the beginning parts of Tartarus so I'm sure it'll get easier once I get more Personas.
What is this? I played a bit of fes and don't notice any difference in the social links.

Just this thing except a little different for p3p. It's kind of a minor thing but I thought it was interesting.

cj_iwakura

That is awesome. I think I recognize everyone. Can't name them(the ones that have names anyways), but I think I can pin them to their game.

It's incredibly thorough. I'm not even sure of them all, but Kei from Maken X is on the left, and that's the original protagonists from MT1 embracing one another in the center.

cjkeats

It's incredibly thorough. I'm not even sure of them all, but Kei from Maken X is on the left, and that's the original protagonists from MT1 embracing one another in the center.

I recognized those two right away (kinda obvious being in the centre and all). I have the translated book to read on my kindle eventually.

coopolon

Boy, it's kind of dangerous when you equip someone like Jack Frost to hit a bufu sensitive enemy because if you miss, the enemy might hit you right back with an agi and end your evening.

That's a pretty sweet pic, even if I can only recognize the protags from Persona, SMT1&3, DS and DDS.

On an entirely unrelated note:

Guys, I really want to see Pacific Rim.

Like, yesterday.

Marche90

Yup, it looks like the two below the MT1 protagonist (and I think the other one is Yumiko) are from SMT NINE, and the guy besides them to the right is the MT 2 protagonist, as seen here

The only one I have absolutely no idea who the hell she is is the one that's to the right of Raidou. I'm stumped here :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom