• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

some people here would like to shoot yosuke out of a cannon

And I'd like to shoot those people out of a cannon!

---

To go back to that t-shirt discussion a while back, I always liked the official ones that Atlus sold directly. They were pretty restrained in terms of design, that's to say that they weren't immediately obvious to anyone who didn't have a knowledge of the game. Though I may be misremembering, it's been a while!

In terms of fan designs, this was always one that I liked.

Meia

Favorite opening I think was P3P's. Loved the music, but also loved you could flip the PSP upside down and most of the opening would still work. Was a great idea that would have been cool followed up in Golden, instead we got characters awkwardly dancing with garbage cans.

DDS are more games I have but haven't played yet. Backlog is too damn big. :(

Marche90

.... *sigh*

If it had been announced, news would have hit by now, especially Siliconera

No such thing yet. I think it was more about the different FF games' status.

cjkeats

And I'd like to shoot those people out of a cannon!
You'll have to catch me first!

To go back to that t-shirt discussion a while back, I always liked the official ones that Atlus sold directly. They were pretty restrained in terms of design, that's to say that they weren't immediately obvious to anyone who didn't have a knowledge of the game. Though I may be misremembering, it's been a while!

In terms of fan designs, this was always one that I liked.
That's cool. I have the official one they gave out at e3 a year or two ago with arena and golden advertised on it.

That's cool. I have the official one they gave out at e3 a year or two ago with arena and golden advertised on it.

Me too xD

521268_10151816061970453_1044687747_n.jpg

Sophia

So did the Persona 5 announcement in Famitsu happen yet? :p

.... *sigh*

If it had been announced, news would have hit by now, especially Siliconera

No such thing yet. I think it was more about the different FF games' status.

Right. If there's an announcement for P5, you'll hear about it sooner rather than later. As it stands, there's no such apparent announcement in this weeks Famitsu. :\

So SMT4 sold 188k in its first week. Very impressive stuff.

Not bad, that sounds like it's on track for 500k worldwide.

Uncle AJ

I lost my Vita before I could finish P4G. :(

I was even re-playing December through February just so I could make it to the last day with all max S-Links (I had ONE at Rank 9 on my first attempt), and I was on the ski trip when I lost it. So many trophies denied.

Oh well - everything else I had left to experience with that game, I already experienced on the PS2. And now my portable schedule is freed up for SMT4.

Venfayth

I lost my Vita before I could finish P4G. :(

I was even re-playing December through February just so I could make it to the last day with all max S-Links (I had ONE at Rank 9 on my first attempt), and I was on the ski trip when I lost it. So many trophies denied.

Oh well - everything else I had left to experience with that game, I already experienced on the PS2. And now my portable schedule is freed up for SMT4.

:(

cjkeats

I prefer handhelds. I'd rather take it with me than be tied to a couch.

But like it was said when we had this argument before, the real answer is both. Cross Play pls.

Venfayth

The Nyko one is great, only problem with it is the extended batteries seem to have a short life (<6 mos) but honestly, it's so comfortable that I'm still using mine even though the battery is dead.

The Nyko one is great, only problem with it is the extended batteries seem to have a short life (<6 mos) but honestly, it's so comfortable that I'm still using mine even though the battery is dead.

Personally the Vita battery life isn't that huge of an issue imo, it's got a stronger battery life than the 3DS and if anything that was a system I'd want a battery life extension for. Not to mention it looks like it may be covering some of the cartridge slot. I see that second one at my local gamestop a lot, is that any good?

Venfayth

It does cover the cartridge slot for some reason, but that hasn't bugged me that much since I'm not changing carts too often. I haven't tried the others, unfortunately.

Marche90

I've never had trouble with any handheld. In fact, I prefer gaming on them. I hate to stay in the same place/position for extended periods of times (I think that my endurance is at most 1 hour for good games, 15 minutes if the game isn't as good or I'm not enjoying it as much) and I can play with my handhelds if I decide to move from wherever I am.

Also, college students will understand what it is to live in the campus and barely being at home and be able to play a console, so handhelds are a godsend.

Meia

Going back to college next year, and still probably prefer a console. It's just the viewing area that gets to me. Best case scenario is an option for both as was said: I'm home, play on a big screen, but then can take it with me if I have to go somewhere. Still angered the Vita lost that feature that the PSP had for really no damn reason.

My problem though is I guess the muscles in my arms aren't used to holding a portable system up for hours at a time, such that it physically hurts after awhile.

Going back to college next year, and still probably prefer a console. It's just the viewing area that gets to me. Best case scenario is an option for both as was said: I'm home, play on a big screen, but then can take it with me if I have to go somewhere. Still angered the Vita lost that feature that the PSP had for really no damn reason.

My problem though is I guess the muscles in my arms aren't used to holding a portable system up for hours at a time, such that it physically hurts after awhile.

Do what I do half the time, rest the handheld (at least, it works well with DS/3DS) on a desk or something and tilt the screen up. Of course not all games work well with this, but some are actually pretty decent.

Squire

Banned
Do what I do half the time, rest the handheld (at least, it works well with DS/3DS) on a desk or something and tilt the screen up. Of course not all games work well with this, but some are actually pretty decent.

That sounds awful. Vita needs video out. I love it, but I wouldn't turn down playing P4G on my TV.

Taruranto

My problem with handhelds is that most games born on them feel limited compared to their console counterparts. (not talking about graphic, but game mechanics)

Other than that, i find myself playing them quite often, mostly because how fast i can play (my PSP is always in sleep mode, so i just have to turn it on and i'm ready to go) and the ability to emulate PSX stuff.

Sophia

Yeah, I hate the compromises some developers do for handhelds when there's no need. It always makes me cringe when someone says they changed or didn't include something because "it'd work better on a handheld."

At least Nintendo does their handheld experiences from the ground up.

And then there are those games that should have Cross-platform play but don't. LOOKING AT YOU DRAGON'S CROWN AND BLAZBLUE CS EXTEND.

Hey all, I have some questions about Persona 4 and I figured this was probably the best place to get them answered.

I've never played a Persona game before, and I've heard Persona 4 is the best game on the vita. I've got a lot of credit at Gamestop and I want to spend it well.

What makes Persona 4 so good? and do I need to play any of the other games to understand what's going on or are they all separate?

Thanks!

Dammit Dale
You know what they say...
The third strike is what counts

Kappa
And then there are those games that should have Cross-platform play but don't. LOOKING AT YOU DRAGON'S CROWN AND BLAZBLUE CS EXTEND.
I feel it's even more of a problem for Dragon's Crown than any fighter, because Dragon's Crown is a brawler, which said genre benefits from co-op. Some of my favorite game experiences have come from co-op brawlers, either with random strangers at an arcade (X-Men) or with friends on a couch (Castle Crashers), and if Dragon's Crown had this feature it would make the game a little more accessible to multiplayer. The fact it won't support cross play makes me want to get it on the PS3 because it allows couch co-op so my friends would only need to bring their remotes over and none of them have Vitas so no local co-op there, but even with that I need more games for my Vita so I'm getting it for that. Maybe I'll get the PS3 version later on.

Tamanon

Banned
Hey all, I have some questions about Persona 4 and I figured this was probably the best place to get them answered.

I've never played a Persona game before, and I've heard Persona 4 is the best game on the vita. I've got a lot of credit at Gamestop and I want to spend it well.

What makes Persona 4 so good? and do I need to play any of the other games to understand what's going on or are they all separate?

Thanks!

Well, Persona 4 is a Japanese RPG. That means it's heavily story-focused with dungeon adventures and battles mixed in.

Where it shines is the presentation of the story, the outstanding character interactions and the fun battle system, with a good amount of unlockables and collectibles.

Personally, I think it was the best game on the PS2 originally and currently on the Vita.

And you don't need to play the other games, it's like Final Fantasy in there being little link between games.

Well, Persona 4 is a Japanese RPG. That means it's heavily story-focused with dungeon adventures and battles mixed in.

Where it shines is the presentation of the story, the outstanding character interactions and the fun battle system, with a good amount of unlockables and collectibles.

Personally, I think it was the best game on the PS2 originally and currently on the Vita.

And you don't need to play the other games, it's like Final Fantasy in there being little link between games.

Ah okay, thanks! The last jrpg I tried getting into was Ni no Kuni and it didn't hold my interest for very long, but I think a handheld jrpg would fair much better.

About how long is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom