• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Not expecting another fighter anytime soon. At least not until the console version of Blazblue: CP has been out awhile.

Dantis

The inner writer in me is telling me that you don't just write (P4A Spoilerz)
one of your most insane villains back
in if you're not going to do anything with it. :p

I was referring to Labrys, Shadow Workers or whatever they're called and The Investigation Team. If they bring back what you just said, that's fine with me.

Sophia

I was referring to Labrys, Shadow Workers or whatever they're called and The Investigation Team. If they bring back what you just said, that's fine with me.

Shadow Operatives and Mitsuru are most likely a given. Probably not as playable characters tho. But that's another thing you don't just introduce and then do nothing with it. =P

I don't think the Persona 4 cast (except maybe Narukami in a cameo) will return tho. THAT is something to save for the next fighter.

Dantis

Shadow Operatives and Mitsuru are most likely a given. Probably not as playable characters tho. But that's another thing you don't just introduce and then do nothing with it. =P

I don't think the Persona 4 cast (except maybe Narukami in a cameo) will return tho. THAT is something to save for the next fighter.

Well, I hope you're wrong. Like I say, I'd be pretty upset by it.

Sophia

Shadow Operatives in P5 wouldn't be my ideal. I don't want the game to be crowded with past characters.

Luckily, there are quite a few Shadow Operatives we haven't seen. It need not be any more crowded than Persona 2 was with P1 characters. :p

I'm more interested in seeing the return of potential Persona 1 characters myself. They're almost all blank slates thanks to P1's lack of character development, and they have an easy way of writing in the likes of Nanjo to the group.

Jintor

On the tentative evidence of P3 and P4 if it doesn't seem standalone by itself it wouldn't be a good mainline P5.

I like the idea of a global shadow-fighting government MIB or whatever, just not as the next mainline Persona

Dantis

Honestly, I think P5 will be a fresh start.

I am still concerned though. I'd just have to stop coming to Persona topics, because I'd just be vomiting hatred everywhere.

Trigger

Luckily, there are quite a few Shadow Operatives we haven't seen. It need not be any more crowded than Persona 2 was with P1 characters. :p

I'm more interested in seeing the return of potential Persona 1 characters myself. They're almost all blank slates thanks to P1's lack of character development, and they have an easy way of writing in the likes of Nanjo to the group.

Wouldn't the P1 cast be different people anyway do to the Other Side shenanigans? I wouldn't mind the concept being explored in a Answer style epilogue.

Squire

Banned
It'll be a fresh start with no more than passing references to P3/4 at best. (The way P4 references 3).

Mark my words.

Dantis

It'll be a fresh start with no more than passing references to P3/4 at best. (The way P4 references 3).

Mark my words.

Consider them marked. ;)

I know that I'm way too invested in Persona as a franchise, that it's just a game and that Atlus don't owe me anything, but man, I really don't want them to let me down.

And with that, I'll bid you goodnight, PersonaGAF.

Holy shit @ lotus juice. lolololol I never seen him before so it definitely caught of guard when I was watching the live version of p3 fes. Was probably laughing for about 10 minutes straight.

Sophia

Wouldn't the P1 cast be different people anyway do to the Other Side shenanigans? I wouldn't mind the concept being explored in a Answer style epilogue.

Nah, they show up in Eternal Punishment, remember? Although I'm curious as to what effects the "Other Side" had.

P2/P3/P4A major spoilers:

I've also wondered if Nyarlathotep had anything to do with Koutesu Kirijo's madness in the events after Persona 2 but leading up to Persona 3. It's clear that Nyarlathotep could still influence people during that time period, as he did with Labrys. And if that is him at the end of P4A, then he seems to know about the events of Persona 3....

Trigger

Nah, they show up in Eternal Punishment, remember? Although I'm curious as to what effects the "Other Side" had.

P2/P3/P4A major spoilers:

I've also wondered if Nyarlathotep had anything to do with Koutesu Kirijo's madness in the events after Persona 2 but leading up to Persona 3. It's clear that Nyarlathotep could still influence people during that time period, as he did with Labrys. And if that is him at the end of P4A, then he seems to know about the events of Persona 3....

I never actually played EP. I wasn't into the series when it was readily available. I've only read the wiki/tvtropes summaries.

I wouldn't mind seeing the P1/2 casts again though.

Sophia

Man, if only my younger self was smarter. I would have bought EP PS1 from the local rental place when they went out of sale. ;_;

Squire

Banned
tumblr_mefwefpuIy1qk47sno1_500.gif

P1's cast got a good deal of exposure and development in P2 IS/EP though. The only ones left out were Inaba and Ayase

Sophia

P1's cast got a good deal of exposure and development in P2 IS/EP though. The only ones left out were Inaba and Ayase

Ehh... Eriko and Kandori maybe. Not so much the rest of the cast. The Protagonist, Nanjo, Masao, and Ayase were all pretty much left as is. :p

It's weird how little character development Nanjo has, given he was a party member in P2.

Dantis

Good morning, PersonaGAF!

You know, I hate thinking of ideas for drawings. I was thinking "I feel like drawing something Persona-related when I get back tonight, what shall I draw?", and suddenly, I have a ton of ideas, most of which I won't ever get around to doing. I thought maybe I oculd just sketch them out, but I'd rather do it properly, lineart and colour and whatnot.

Basically, I need more time in the day. :p

Ehh... Eriko and Kandori maybe. Not so much the rest of the cast. The Protagonist, Nanjo, Masao, and Ayase were all pretty much left as is. :p

It's weird how little character development Nanjo has, given he was a party member in P2.

They all got dynamite new designs though. Maki!

Omikaru

Marie was already pretty endearing. I like her.

SHUTUPYOUSTUPIDJERKIHATEYOU!

Seriously though, she's the worst. Having to put up with her shitty character development, shitty social link and dreadful poetry only to unlock a shitty dungeon was only worthwhile because the P4G epilogue was so good.

Beyond that she's a terrible character and I hope we never see her again.

Jintor

I wouldn't go that far. My main problem was that she felt so tacked on for a character supposedly important enough to get an entire dungeon.

Also the way people would RANDOMLY show up in her s.links was very, very artificial

Sophia

I wouldn't go that far. My main problem was that she felt so tacked on for a character supposedly important enough to get an entire dungeon.

Also the way people would RANDOMLY show up in her s.links was very, very artificial

Should have been more like Koromaru's social link in Persona 3 Portable. Non-rank up events that have other characters join in and give you bonus points with them.

Off-topic, but I didn't know until recently that Maaya Sakamoto has quite a few songs in English. More than just the endings to Wolf's Rain. o.o;

Lusankya

SHUTUPYOUSTUPIDJERKIHATEYOU!

Seriously though, she's the worst. Having to put up with her shitty character development, shitty social link and dreadful poetry only to unlock a shitty dungeon was only worthwhile because the P4G epilogue was so good.

Beyond that she's a terrible character and I hope we never see her again.

qCXBJv4.gif

Omikaru

That's one of the major reasons why her SL was so bad, but the fact that she's a terrible character just makes it worse.

The only thing I'll give somewhat of a pass on is her poetry, because it's meant to be bad. And hey, mission accomplished! Every time I read some of it I wanted to curl up into a ball and die.

Kazzy

Very true, though I'm fully aware that I would have been unable to come at this with a clear perspective anyway, having played the games before P4G.

I can see why people don't like her, and with spin-offs like P4A, it's extremely easy to feel aggrieved, especially when you see them arbitrarily messing around with the established canon (Labrys).

Sophia

Very true, though I'm fully aware that I would have been unable to come at this with a clear perspective anyway, having played the games before P4G.

I can see why people don't like her, and with spin-offs like P4A, it's extremely easy to feel aggrieved, especially when you see them arbitrarily messing around with the established canon (Labrys).

Labrys is far more canonical than Marie ever was. Marie was just a stupid character and she really does nothing for the game's story and narrative. And the worst part is it's not even the fact that her concept is bad. It's just all execution. She's not tied into the narrative very well, she adds very little to the story,
she adds an element of squick by being Izanami and being romance-able
, and she's a walking fashion disaster.

And just to add icing to the cake, she's linked the Velvet Room and thanks to a lack of a new actor Igor pretends like she's not even part of the plot. :\

I'll agree on the whole "everyone popping in her link" being kinda lame, but I like her with that aside.

It wouldn't be that bad if the cast didn't completely ignore her for the rest of the year until the new dungeon. It's hard to believe they even know each other.

Kazzy

Labrys is far more canonical than Marie ever was. Marie was just a stupid character and she really does nothing for the game's story and narrative. And the worst part is it's not even the fact that her concept is bad. It's just all execution. She's not tied into the narrative very well, she adds very little to the story...

And depending on your preference, you could say much of the same for Labrys.

Sophia

And depending on your preference, you could say much of the same for Labrys.

No you really couldn't. Labrys was already in the setting long before Persona 4 Arena.

On the other hand, you can practically ignore Marie in Persona 4 Golden, and not maxing her social link out
results in her literally being written out from the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom